The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
netmouse

Issues with disc 4

Curious to know if anyone else has experienced any glitching on the 4th disc of Season 2?

My sister's copy burps and stutters during the freezer scene of the final episode.

On occasion at start up, my disc will jump to the last episode where Leonard is asking Penny about the blanket with sleeves. I get the image, but no sound. This issue is fixed by taking the disc back to the root menu and then it runs fine.

Both dvd sets were purchased at different times and from different retailers.

Just wondering if the manufacturers have released a bad batch of dvds, or my sister and I are experiencing what I can only describe as an "unhappy accident" ??

I presume the fourth disc is the one with the extra features? I just acquired mine a week or so ago, second hand and have had no trouble thus far (have only played the bonus bits once). Perhaps it is just coincidence that you know of 2 "identical" discs that have the same problem, but you could be right in that it's a bad batch.

So long as the 7 season box set plays ok once it comes out, I'll be happy.

I get a little OCD when it comes to things I've purchased not working properly.

My mum and dad just spent a fortune on a dining table for their new house and it had a big scratch on it when the delivery guys unwrapped it. Of course, the table is being replaced tomorrow, but you have no idea how much that scratch is bothering me, even now. lolz *takes his ocd medication

I just bought S 2 and just watched the fourth disc and had no problems luckily.

I hate when things I buy don't work properly, specially when you go back to the store & the damned item works fine there...I had to use a lens cleaner for the purchased cd as store would not replace it as it worked all fine there Grrrr

I also get a little OCD whenever the first scratch is visible on something you've used for a while

Don't get me started on scratches, Jacks. I hate them.

What I hate more is how some people treat their cds/dvds/game discs and scratch the beejeebus out of them through total lack of care when handling them, yet they NEVER have any issues with the playback >< grrrrrrr !!!!!

I'm always amazed whenever I rent a movie at the amount of scratches on the dvd. What on earth do people do with them??? I mean, apart from inserting and removing it from the dvd player!

Anyways, I don't have problems with season 2. But the last episode of season 1 freezes at the point when Leonard asks Penny out. So annoying! If i fast forward or try skipping a scene, it jumps to the part where Sheldon is at the Chinese restaurant complaining about his tangerine chicken in mandarine, i.e the last scene

@Penny Lane: yeah, I reckon some people use their discs as coasters.

One possible fix for your season 1 disc issue... if you have a dvd ripping program on your computer (something like DVD Fab for instance) you could copy the dvd over to your hard drive and try recopying it onto a blank dvd.

Sometimes reburning the disc can get past the glitch point on the original dvd.

Don't get me started on scratches, Jacks. I hate them.

What I hate more is how some people treat their cds/dvds/game discs and scratch the beejeebus out of them through total lack of care when handling them, yet they NEVER have any issues with the playback >< grrrrrrr !!!!!

I know what you mean. That is injustice as far as I'm concerned. Makes me think of when I was in high school and I worked my butt off to get an assignment in on the due date and everyone else was late so the teacher gave everyone an extension!

@SD7: yeah, I need to upgrade my player. I love that they're including AVI playback on most models nowadays.

The library that I go to has a nice selection of CD's and DVD's, but when you try to watch any of them they stutter, jump, freeze, or just plain do not work at all. It is a rare day that you get something from them and it actually works. I've also had incidents where the DVD player was faulty or I've bought a season of something and I had to return it because of a glitch. Sometimes it is a fight to watch something at all, but some shows just make it worth it! ;)

I have a issue with Season 4, sometimes it plays sometimes it doesn't, but I figured it's because I haven't updated my blu-ray player since we bought it. Once it starts though no problem, it is the same with my Harry Potter Blu-Rays also. Need to get my blu-ray on my network.

@convict and Elegant: maybe just glance over the disc and make sure there isn't any visible gunk or scratch on the disc?

It might just need a wipe over or run it through a disc cleaner just to be sure.

So long as the 7 season box set plays ok once it comes out, I'll be happy.

Gah, that's why I'm currently holding out. I would be so happy if the show went for even longer than that (9 seasons, maybe?), but I don't want to buy any DVDs waiting for a really cool box set.

No it was brand new when it did it, and I did look at it for any scratches etc. It does the same with my Harry Potter Blu-Rays, I just need to do an update on my Blu_Ray player.