The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CharmedOne

Whats the weather like?

SNOW!

We were supposed to get anything from a light dusting to an inch or two. Instead, it snowed steadily all day yesterday, all night and a good part of this morning. I got stuck at work last night, which is why I'm home (posting) today.

I know the feeling.

We had to go down the hill yesterday, and the weather was so bad we stayed in a hotel last night so I wouldn't miss today's DR. appointment.

At least a foot of snow in the last 24 hrs. @ A Mile High In So. Cal.

Hot, in the midst of 12 days of over 30 C each day, and it's humid too, would not be so bad if it would cool at night, but last night the coolest it got was 24C, thankfully I have ducted a/c throughout the house, but I don't use it when I sleep, just an idiosyncrasy with me.

Why I love Colorado: Snowed on Monday, hard enough that my flight back home from San Francisco was delayed. Next day, and all week, it was very mild, in the 50's.  Tonight we have a blizzard coming through, anywhere from 7 to 14 inches of snow. It will be done by Sunday and all evidence melted off by Monday.  60's next week.

Spring here is so fun.   :)

Edited by Europa

-12 celsius and sunny. In Finland, it is still full winter for about a month. And the sun does not give warmth at all...

2 feet of new snow.

Expecting today  to be a clear day, with a 100% chance of Flatlanders!!

@ A Mile High In So. Cal.

28 F, Clear skies, expecting uppour of MORE Flatlanders tomorrow with a 50% chance of idiots WITHOUT chains.(the other 50% are idiots WITH chains)

If it's called tourist season, then why can't we SHOOT them ?? 

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 1

28 F, Clear skies, expecting uppour of MORE Flatlanders tomorrow with a 50% chance of idiots WITHOUT chains.(the other 50% are idiots WITH chains)

If it's called tourist season, then why can't we SHOOT them ?? 

Are you allowed to drive yet? Or do you have to follow the antics of the flatlanders from police band?

HEre in Finland it was -27 this morning, and it's not much warmer now...

-To keep me warm, I watched home videos I shot during summers past.

Are you allowed to drive yet? Or do you have to follow the antics of the flatlanders from police band?

HEre in Finland it was -27 this morning, and it's not much warmer now...

-To keep me warm, I watched home videos I shot during summers past.

Nope, still don't trust my body enough to drive yet (STILL passing out). We've had to go down the hill the evening before a Doctors appointment and rented a hotel just to avoid bad weather/drivers. 

63 F, Picture Perfect Weather, @ A Mile High In So. Cal.

Edited by walnutcowboy

We had some nice days last week around 17 degrees Celsius.

Now it has been snowing non stop since yesterday afternoon with a strong NE wind that makes it feel like -16 degrees Celsius outside...Brrrr

I just about had enough of the snow now....normally we don't have that much snow in Holland, but we in the very south are getting a buckload of it this winter...

Does all this cold weather mean the "Global Warming" is over??

10:10 AM, 64 F, Another clear day @ A Mile High In So. Cal,

About 55-degrees and raining steadily. If it were about 15-degrees warmer it would be my prefect weather.

475.61e25b85710c72f1cb2a86663fdde39e.jpg

It is about 61 degrees under clear skies outside with wind at 12 m/h NE at the moment in Andrews and this coming Saturday will be about 91 degrees as well which is typical for West Texas since it also could mean brutal summers for us and this little picture also describes the weather here perfectly as well

3887.bc9f717015bf7a5c86432b527eecf537.jp

Not this side of the hemisphere, Australia just had it's hottest summer on record. Sydney had it;'s hottest day ever 114.4 degrees F (45.8 degrees C), the highest recorded temp over summer was 121.3 degrees F (49.6 degrees C) at a place called Moomba, which is about 10 hour drive from me in the middle of nowhere.  We have just finished 12 days of temperatures of 30 degrees c(86 F) , with the night before last the night time temp only dropped to 27 degree C (80 F), and we officially finished summer 13 days ago, this is Autumn (Fall).   I don't remember the last time we had rain either, would have been weeks ago.

While the average temperature of the Earth is rising, it's not only about warmer weather. It's about changing weather patterns. Hurricanes in places that don't usually see them, snow in typically warmer places, etc. It's not over, it's getting worse.

When I was a Tweener I recall that "THEY" were complaining about "Global Cooling".

What happened to THAT??

I am under the belief that the world goes through cycles!

That Includes the Ozone Layer.

In any case it's 1:55 PM, 68 F, @ A Mile High In So Cal.