Whats the weather like?

CharmedOne

• 4 months later...

It's hell around here.  Our windchill is  dropped to 66 today.  ( mid teens for those using the Celsius scale).  Not to mention the water temperature of the Gulf of Mexico is only going to in the upper 60s (~20C) this week.  I don't know how we're going to survive.  

• Like 1

It was 28 degrees (F) outside a little while ago, and the sun will be going down any minute.  The streets are covered with sleet and snow and the city is essentially shut down.

I was off work today, so I haven't even gotten dressed.  I simply put my sweats on over my nightshirt and puttered around all day.

I did fill the birdfeeders on my balcony because I felt sorry for the little birds scratching around in the snow and ice.  It's been a while since I filled the feeders, though, so it will probably be a day or two before they find the seeds.

It's cold outside!

Here in Surrey it is 22 F  (-6 C) now and going down to 15  F (-9 C) over night. This is about as cold as it ever gets here. winter is much longer and colder where I grew up.

In my old home town of Edmonton it is -19 f (-28 C) at the moment. I don't miss that at all.

I hear there has been storms, snow and freezing rain from Dallas all the way up to New York.

Edited by djsurrey

About 5-8°C here in Germany (Harz)... last week was pure horror! It changed from 1°C to -1°C many times. Result: The streets looked like glass and I was able to go to work with ice skates.

Edited by FileXxX

• 2 weeks later...

Cloudy but a warm 43F  (6C) in Surrey BC, Canada. No snow left for Christmas here.

Heheheheheh, that's what it's going to be here in west central Florida tonight (Sarasota, to be precise).  One difference, the residents here are either complaining about how cold it is or they're happy for the break in the heat we had yesterday and today (83F, 25C).  It has been colder here.  Christmas in 1981 or 1982 the high was around 35F (2C)

No idea the temp. 1 1/2 hour northish of Reno, Nev. 90 miles past the middle of nowhere (we are visiting Our daughter/son-in-law and the GRANDKIDS)

And WE thought WE lived in the Boonies.

Snow still on the shady side of everything (everything seems to be on the shady side).

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!