Whats the weather like?

CharmedOne

Yes we are okay and the smoke must be blowing in a different direction now. The smoke has dissipated and some clouds have moved in. The fire that gave us all that smoke can be seen in the upper left corner of this map and Surrey is in the lower right. I think the real problem is that fire season has started so early, there are already 190 wild fires across BC and everyone thinks we will have a lot more before the end of the summer.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-fires-what-you-need-to-know-1.3139686

fire-map2.png

• 5 weeks later...

@ DJSURREY, I hope you and yours are safe. As for me, the weather from morning to afternoon is hot (80's to 90's+), but from then to about nightfall, we get HEAVY rains, nonstop lightning and thunder and strong winds. On our way to Reno, it even hailed for about 1/4+/- mile !

That post ^^^^ was from a 3 weeks ago, I don't know why it didn't post

This week it's been in the 70's to 80's with the smell of California fires in (20 +) the air.

• 2 months later...

@ LUMINOUS, thanks for that picture ! I miss our mountains terribly ! As for the weather in The Middle Of Nowhere, we live in sort of a valley and all the mountains around us have snow on them at this time. It's cloudy enough to mess up/slow down our satellite for my computer and our TV's. Not to mention it's cold outside ! 

Calm and quiet day in Andrews with temperatures at 56°F under fair conditions this evening and going to have a high of 72°F tomorrow too and no chances of rain or a freeze coming up for the area (our first freeze is usually right before Thanksgiving).

Hell, right now it's 76 with 9% humidity.  That is probably going to be our low tonight.  We have a good chance  to hit 90 F on Sunday.   Damn this is November, I'm supposed to have the AC off by now.  

• 2 months later...

Warmest winter so far as far as I remember. On the BC west coast it usually either rains or is cloudy or it gets clear and the west coast version of cold. Today is sunny and above freezing like spring. So far we only had a couple of weeks with frost and one day with a skift of snow.

Forecast is for rain and lots of it starting Monday...

Edited by djsurrey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been 92-95F for the high, 76-78F  for our low, with a thunderstorm about 3-5 times a week during the afternoon.  Been that way for a couple of months, and will be for another month and a half.