Whats the weather like?

CharmedOne

Well, it's only -19celsus here, so decided to brace the weather and hit the town on bike.

Seems weathermen were wrong again.

But that is not uncommon. Finland is the battleground of two constant fronts:

!. the siberian front, that blows super cold air into finland, resulting in ultralow temps. and the

2. atlantic front, that blows in wet and warm air from west, giving us mellow, snowy days.

If the gulf stream goes off, this would give free rein to the siberian front, deepfreezing finland. so let us hope it does not happen!

Brrrrrr! it's now -24 celsius (-13F) and getting colder all the time.

Dang! I had to dress like eskimo to get to town. And my bike was a bit frozen up too...

But I'm okay. It's the animals and birds I'm worried about.

I mean in this cold, tens of thousands of little birds die, simply because they cannot find enough food to sustain their body temperature. It's wicked cruel world out there...

4:55 PM, 30 F, very foggy! @ A Mile High In So. Cal.

FYI to ALL Flatlanders, If you pass a sign that says "SLOWER TRAFFIC USE TURNOUTS", Please look in front of you, I know you don;t usually look in that direction, but please try. If there are no cars in front of you, please look in your rear view mirror, (this mirror can be found on your FRONT windshield, a little to your right and a little up). If there are cars behind you then that means you ARE the "SLOWER TRAFFIC"!

Now that you realize who you are, on to the next lesson. As you "drive" up/down the mountain, you will see, every so often, signs saying "TURNOUT". At this time you SHOULD also notice that the road is MUCH wider at this point.

Now you have learned what the words "SLOWER TRAFFIC" and "TURNOUTS" are, you can now use the "TURNOUTS" when you are the "SLOWER TRAFFIC" to allow the others (yes, the ones behind you are OTHERS on the road) To get to where they want to get to also.

I know I'm probably wasting my time because of a theory I have. The theory is as follows........

Flatlanders don't have the brains to be able to read this, much less the signs on the road!

Thank You for listening/reading my RANT. 

MIKE

Edited by walnutcowboy
  • Like 2

Brrrrrr! it's now -24 celsius (-13F) and getting colder all the time.

Dang! I had to dress like eskimo to get to town. And my bike was a bit frozen up too...

But I'm okay. It's the animals and birds I'm worried about.

I mean in this cold, tens of thousands of little birds die, simply because they cannot find enough food to sustain their body temperature. It's wicked cruel world out there...

OH that is sad, and you are right it's a cruel world out there.  You keep warm.

12:00 PM, 30 F, starting a light (SO FAR) snow. Just enough to cover the ICE, which is covering the parking lots and the sides of the roads.

On one side of us is an empty lot (with a Hill). The Flatlanders don't know that (plastic) SNOW sleds do not do well on ICE. They will break their sleds, arms, and legs all in the name of fun.

From my computer window I can see a parking lot COVERED in ICE. I have seen more fender benders just this morning (from people trying to drive on said ICE) then I have seen in a LOOONG time.

The main road thru town is bumper to bumper!

All this from A Mile High In So. Cal.

MJC45,

Any tornadoes in your neighborhood?

6:10 PM, 30 F, 

The Flatlanders are FINALLY leaving for the day 

No more horns blaring, no cussing, No slamming on the breaks (and all these are from the locals) until tomorrow anyway !!

@ A Mile High In So. Cal.

Edited by walnutcowboy

2:08PM, 36 degrees, cloudy skies and we are finaly getting some snow in Andrews later today and tomorrow.

And I really hope the schools either delay school or cancel school (if there is a lot of snow tomorrow) in the Permian Basin because we can have incidents that are similar to this happen and parents complain that school was not delayed or canceled

And as soon as I typed 'snow' it started to started here (even though you can barely see it falling) in Andrews.

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhDaHR0cDovL3BpY3MuY2Ft

Edited by JoeSal90

2:08PM, 36 degrees, cloudy skies and we are finaly getting some snow in Andrews later today and tomorrow.

And I really hope the schools either delay school or cancel school (if there is a lot of snow tomorrow) in the Permian Basin because we can have incidents that are similar to this happen and parents complain that school was not delayed or canceled

And as soon as I typed 'snow' it started to started here (even though you can barely see it falling) in Andrews.

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBhDaHR0cDovL3BpY3MuY2Ft

WHAT was on the principles computer??

WHAT does this guy do during school hours??

It did NOT look school Related to me!!