Relationships, sex, money, love..

wunderkind

Is anyone else striking out on finding that unique someone that they could happily co-exist with? Are we too smart? Too 'unconventional'? Are women all closet lunatics? I'm having trouble with you humanoids!

I read somewhere that they used to say that every relationship needs 2 of the following 3: good sex, money, and (i think the third one was) a personal connection. They later revised this to say that one of the two had to be sex. And if I remember correctly they later revised this to say that sex and money were necessary.

At the moment I'm of the view that women -driven by strong, even irresistable, evolutionary forces- have a drive to have the following:

1. money -even if intellectually they fancy themselves as someone not bothered by living simply (and being relatively or truly poor)

evolutionary explanation: money = food, shelter, social power,.. without which her potential (or real) offspring have less of chance of survival

2. some kind of bad boy (and/or asshole) -even they think they want a nice, loving, thoughtful, romantic partner.

evolutionary explanation: a bad boy can fight off predators and enemies. And, if someone is an asshole, and for example wouldn't mind pushing an old lady out of the way to get some food, shows a willingness to provide for his family at any cost.

3. sex -well, you tell me.

open discussion. let's hear your input!

yeah money is given

and i never understood the bad boy type that girls love

but you know the funny thing is? i used to beat those bad boys up when they picked on me

go figure..a nerd like me beating up a bad boy LMAO

i love fighting so maybe thats why, but i only fight to defend or help others like i used to help my friends who were nerds/geeks/dorks and they were too scared to do anything

@ wunderkind

Whilst reading your post a mental picture began to form of someone at the back of a dark, smoke filled bar. Sitting on a stool staring into a handful of hard liquor, the knowing bar keep is nearby drying a glass. Turning to him you begin . . .

A true statement that some may find relevant . . .

[Kripke challenges the guys to a robot duel]

Sheldon Cooper:

Barry, we can't fight you tomorrow. Our engineer is incapacitated.

Barry Kripkie:

What's wrong with him?

Rajesh Koothrappali:

He's depressed because he's pathetic and creepy, and can't get girls.

Barry Kripkie:

We're ALL pathetic and cweepy, and can't get girws. That's why we fight wobots.

this also makes me wonder...kripke, what department is he under?

from the eu wiki... Barry Kripke (John Ross Bowie): An unlikable co-worker of Leonard and Sheldon's, who works in plasma physics

So, it's "pwasma phwisics" lolz

Ya. Nice doesn't really cut it now.

Hmmmm.... chicks still dig manners (and wobots for that matter)

Don't let one crappy life experience put you off staying true to yourself.

The discussion here isn't about staying true to yourself. Its essentially about whether women (the other "partner" in a heterosexual relationship) are capable of living from their heart's and mind's true intentions and ideals, or do the above-described forces overpower such intentions (in often unpredictable and pathological ways.)

money - no one wants a broke ass

bad boy(asshole) - at the end of the day the girl would want to marry a gentleman<~ probably can kick the bad boy's ass

sex - a healthy relationship would be best to have a healthy sexual intimacy (not saying all healthy relationships needs it)

• 1 month later...

Relationships and staff - Bad boy was never my type of a guy. I dated "artists" of some sort, intellectual types (musicians, guys interested in art, literature and film, one was a programmer and my last was a "soon-to-be film producer). and all of them were "nice guys", I doesn't mean anything, because at the end of the day most of them were ass-holes. So, these types, to hell with that. And my dear boys, don't think that you are the only ones with relationship problems.

Sex - lets be honest, who doesn't like it? And yes, it is a part of a relationship. When you grow a bond with someone, it's just a next step and that's it. It isn't the most important part of a relationship, but I think it's safe to assume and when you are in a good relationship, it's just something that bonds people even closer.

Money - lets be hones, who doesn't need it?

Hey, I am an a-hole when it comes down to it, and I 'used' to be the nice guy.

What it boils down to is that it 'looks' like I exude confidence as Leonard would say, but in reality, I have been burnt by so many women, I am apathetic...and it is like an aphrodisiac.

Think about it, beautiful women get hit on at least 30 times a day. So they meet a guy who teases her and then walks away as if he is not interested. He then becomes mysterious and different.

As for money, you can lie about that if you want sex...

As for relationships, ehhhh, very overrated...seems in the U.S. it seems like it is there for the financial security more than anyhting. I know at least 75% of my married friends who cheated, cheat or want to cheat...yet stay married. Wacky

After 15 years of marriage, a divorce and now going on 2 years in a relationship with my current GF, my Holy Words of Wisdom to pass on to the world are these...

You have to be friends before you can be anything more.

Here endeth the lesson.

After 15 years of marriage, a divorce and now going on 2 years in a relationship with my current GF, my Holy Words of Wisdom to pass on to the world are these...

You have to be friends before you can be anything more.

Here endeth the lesson.

lol thanks for the tip.

Agreed about the being friends advice netmouse. On the whole i think if your a nice guy or an a-hole then just be it for yourself. The right people will take you for who you are surely. I think anyway. :)

Agreed about the being friends advice netmouse. On the whole i think if your a nice guy or an a-hole then just be it for yourself. The right people will take you for who you are surely. I think anyway. :)

It does not work if you are Sheldon :D

You can be yourself as long as you want but again you will fail :/

• 3 weeks later...

Relationships: I'd rather have good close friends over a romantic relationship, but if I did have a romantic relationship I'd want a lover who cares and is genuine.

Sex: If romance leads to coitus, then that's fine. But I wouldn't actively go out and bang random women. Besides I've still not come out the closet on this front (i.e. never engaged in coitus).

Money: Need more of it.

Love: Not too bothered at the moment, but someone who cares and is genuine would be the ideal. No one-night stands.

Relationships: I'd rather have good close friends over a romantic relationship, but if I did have a romantic relationship I'd want a lover who cares and is genuine.

Sex: If romance leads to coitus, then that's fine. But I wouldn't actively go out and bang random women. Besides I've still not come out the closet on this front (i.e. never engaged in coitus).

Money: Need more of it.

Love: Not too bothered at the moment, but someone who cares and is genuine would be the ideal. No one-night stands.

You said it!

I like the first part,bros before ho....