The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Morgzz

any ideas of what series to watch for the summer ?

hi guys !

Now summer's definitely here and I'm looking for some (good) series to start watching ; any ideas ? (say what it's about so I can get to see if I would like it or not :) )

thaaaaaanks :D

If you want to get a really good idea of life here in Australia and you can access the HBO network, there is a show called "Angry Boys" showing at the moment.

Otherwise, another earlier season on dvd by the same creator called "We Can Be Heroes" is worth a look. It parodies the different lifestyles found here in Australia. It's very funny.

TV wise... *EDIT* Being Human (a show about vampires/werewolves/ghosts dealing with their affliction in a modern setting) Red Dwarf (old series, but great sci-fi comedy) The mini series of Jeckyll and Hyde is brilliant (the 2010 UK one)

I thought that show was called "Being Human"? @netmouse

If you're a fan of "Skins," then you'll love "Misfits." It's a mix of sci-fi and comedy, and it's bloody hilarious. I also recommend "Fringe," which is a hybrid of basically every genre, but is mainly sci-fi.

I thought that show was called "Being Human"? @netmouse

If you're a fan of "Skins," then you'll love "Misfits." It's a mix of sci-fi and comedy, and it's bloody hilarious. I also recommend "Fringe," which is a hybrid of basically every genre, but is mainly sci-fi.

Thanks Mousie. Misfits was indeed excellent. I have caught up on the 1st 2 series on blinkx. Must keep an eye on E4. they seem to have some good stuff. I will check out Fringe next.

I watched an ep of "Terra Nova" last night. Meh, had a real Stargate feel about it. Me no likies ><

Starting to enjoy "Hawaii 5-0" more and more.

Was glad to see "Charlie's Angels" is getting axed after one episode in the US.

It was bad enough back in the 80s.

Thanks Mousie. Misfits was indeed excellent. I have caught up on the 1st 2 series on blinkx. Must keep an eye on E4. they seem to have some good stuff. I will check out Fringe next.

No problem. Hope you enjoy Fringe as much as I have, though I know it takes some people a while to get into because in true J.J. Abrams fashion the show leaves more questions than answers. (J.J. Abrams is the creator of lost.)

Agree with Fringe got into it recently and really like it. I'm getting into Homeland very good first two episodes. Terra Nova is ok can't say it's really drawing me in a little too lightweight for me. I'm into Broadwalk Empire think Sopranos set during prohibition. I'll also recommend Castle great TV show with Nathan Fillion can't go wrong there.

So I started o Fringe and my 1st impressio was ...Woohoo...the X-files is back. Slightly further on though I must admit I prefered the X-files. I mean it's one thing to accept really wierd stuff when it can be classified as paranormal but for me its a bit harder to accept when it purports to be science.

I mean, in the X-files I could quite easily accept the premise that some guy can turn into liquid and flow through pipes because it's...you know ... paranormal . If you want to watch this type of show you have to totally suspend disbelief.

The problem I have , and am doing my best to overcome, in this show is that a lot of the wierd shit purports to be science. Well it's interesting anyway so I will carry on.

I also have watched the start of Broadwalk Empire and am enjoying that also.

thanks for the reccomendations. That's why I cdome to this thread.

I've been looking elsewhere for good TV suggestions, and I've found some other pretty great shows. Breaking Bad, Pushing Daisies and Suits are all excellent series you can't miss.