The truly human side of Sheldon

netmouse

See, I am not that way at all...I think they have dumbed him down for the sake of silly jokes.

Farting? Crying about his mommy? It's become a joke in itself.

BTW, it was noted way back when that Sheldon is allergic to cats and cannot stand them...that one episode said the heck with all that to replicate a poor carbon copy of the Luminous fish episode.

I blame Jim Reynolds and the Maria Ferrari for the bad slide this show took in season 3&4...but the main culprit is Eddie Gorodetsky who was one of the story guys in the season 4 ending

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was AWESOMELY acted by Jim Parsons. He looks sooooo naturally clueless during that scene. And then he looks like a little kid searching the faces of the others for a reaction to his jokes.

I think this was certainly one more social step forward for Sheldon.. being able to make a successful joke (even if unknowingly) and then joining in the group laughter!

From season 3:

Sheldon getting goosebumps whilst the boys are controlling the lights via the internet.

Also, riddle me this... during the episode when Sheldon and Raj go to the campus mixer (hulk hands/green lantern lantern) Sheldon laughs during his reply to Raj's comment "Whether you split atoms, or infinitives"... do you think this was scripted, or did Jim Parsons maybe get the giggles?

It's a little similar to when Sheldon laughs whilst telling Leonard his spherical chickens joke was hilarious.

From season 3:

Sheldon getting goosebumps whilst the boys are controlling the lights via the internet.

Also, riddle me this... during the episode when Sheldon and Raj go to the campus mixer (hulk hands/green lantern lantern) Sheldon laughs during his reply to Raj's comment "Whether you split atoms, or infinitives"... do you think this was scripted, or did Jim Parsons maybe get the giggles?

It's a little similar to when Sheldon laughs whilst telling Leonard his spherical chickens joke was hilarious.

Funny that I was watching that scene (Flatland) just 20 minutes back!

It's quite possible. I'm sure all of them get the giggles very often during filming, given that the whole thing is so superbly funny. And then they keep the laugh if it seems natural and goes with the flow of the scene, else there's a retake.

I've sometimes felt about Penny's smiles that it was really Kaley being unable to contain herself, like when she smiles at Howard's 'suddenly I'm looking pretty good'.

And when she giggles in the back of the car during the pilot when Howard is singing.

Found another last night during the Dead Hooker ep when Sheldon freaks out over the possibility of a new tennant...

"No, no, no, no, no...." lmao. He is so childlike when he does this :D

For me, it's mostly when he is around Penny. He teaches her, so she can impress Leonard, he helps her in on-line gaming, but there are two, truly moving, scenes for me which include these two

1. When he hugs her

2. When he takes Penny to the hospital, and then sings 'Soft Kitty'.

There is also Amy/Sheldon scene, I believe that I don't have to say which one (kiss, of course). It's really a mile stone for him.

^ Agreed. I'll say I find the whole Amy/Sheldon incident rather sweet and human, not just the kiss - from when he seriously shares his troubles with her ('I need to talk to smart Amy right now') to his concern when she makes for the toilet and his later putting a towel under her head.

• 2 weeks later...

From the card trick ep in season 4...

The very last scene when Raj and Howard annoy Sheldon in the canteen.

Just the way Sheldon says "I hate you" and runs off. Has a real "nice" quality about it all. The true side of friends paying out on one another.

• 6 months later...

Two scenes I can add--

When he shed a tear while on the bed upset over the boys lying to him in the north pole (while penny is trying to comfort him)

When he saves Leonard's life by throwing his "experiment" down the elevator shaft.

Two scenes I can add--

When he shed a tear while on the bed upset over the boys lying to him in the north pole (while penny is trying to comfort him)

When he saves Leonard's life by throwing his "experiment" down the elevator shaft.

Hmmm, yeah I have absolutly no problem with your first instance, BUT.

Your second instance (which cronologicaly would have happened first LOL )

can be explained by Isaac Asimov's 3 laws... See law 1.

1 A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2 A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3 A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.