The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bigbang2

Major News : The Big Bang Theory Picked Up For Full Season

From Hollywood Reporter :

In 'Theory' and 'Practice': Both get full season

By Nellie Andreeva

Oct 19, 2007

Two freshman series, ABC's drama "Private Practice" and CBS' comedy "The Big Bang Theory" got full-season pickups Thursday.

ABC and CBS ordered nine additional episodes from each series, bringing the total for both "Practice" and "Bang" to 22 episodes.

Additionally, CBS has handed out a back-nine order to drama "The Unit," now in its third season.

The ABC Studios-produced "Practice," a spinoff of the hit medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," has emerged as the highest-rated new series this season among adults 18-49.

Meanwhile, "Big Bang," co-created by "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre, has fit nicely into CBS' Monday night comedy block.

"Practice" and "Bang" join "Gossip Girl," which received a full-season pickup last week.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i808b165511fddc2c3fa974480c4d9f91

Great News!!!!!!!! The more Kaley the better!

If the ratings stay where they are there's a good chance of a season Two!

OMG, this is such a milestone for any show. Most shows don't even get picked up for a full season. Remember, The Class only got 18 episodes last year.

Right now I just want to savior the good news of the full season pickup, and don't even want to think about next season. :icon_biggrin:

We will have the whole spring to worry about it being picked up next season. :icon_wink:

CBS released this:

CBS has given full season orders to its freshman comedy THE BIG BANG THEORY and the drama THE UNIT. THE BIG BANG THEORY becomes the first new comedy to receive a full season pickup.

THE BIG BANG THEORY, a key newcomer to CBS's Monday comedy block, is averaging 8.97 million viewers, 4.3/10 in adults 25-54 and 3.6/09 in adults 18-49 in its Monday (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) time period. THE BIG BANG THEORY has built on its HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER lead-in by +8% in households, +10% in adults 25-54, +9% in adults 18-49 and +10% in viewers.

THE BIG BANG THEORY stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar. Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady are executive producers for Warner Bros. Television.

Yeeey, all the more to look forward to when TBBT come to the UK, good news thanks for posting

Guest bman

awesome, i was worried, never works out when i like a show.

Right now I just want to savior the good news of the full season pickup, and don't even want to think about next season. :icon_biggrin:

We will have the whole spring to worry about it being picked up next season. :icon_wink:

It's never too early to think positive:icon_wink:

True, I think we should focus on the writers strike and the sweeps for now. November sweeps and a writers strike are both looming, fearful times for the show!

awesome, i was worried, never works out when i like a show.

Me too!

Remember THE ASSOCIATES? THE GOVERNOR AND J.J.? MY WORLD AND WELCOME TO IT? HIGH SOCIETY? OUT OF PRACTICE?

They were all series that were literate and hysterically funny, but I seemed to be the only one laughing.

This show leaves me, a compulsive multi-tasker, unable to focus on anything else until the next punch-line, because EVERY line is a punch-line and never out of character.

Too many of my favourite shows have been canned, its awful, I dare take a liking to them any more as I know they'll be cancelled right after - maybe I am a hex.