Quotes that don't add up. (*** OLD SPOILERS ***)

4ofN

Quotes from Bill Prady:

Her career’s going nowhere, and the one thing she had going for her — her group of friends — she [sabotaged] by sleeping with Raj. For the first time, she had [male] friends who treated her like a [real] person, and not the way she’s been treated in the past by men. And she just [undermined] that.

All the wedding planning will be throughout the season, including selection of the best man and maid of honor. The bachelor party will be miserable, but the hardest part for Howard will be trying to leave his mother's house.

We're going to put Leonard in a long-distance relationship with Priya.

We also like things complicated for Leonard and Penny.

Penny was just doing what she says she does all the time: When she's upset romantically, she goes out and finds herself a guy. But this time she picked somebody who she had the ability to hurt, and I think that makes it very complicated.

Penny had this great situation [with the guys] and she threw a hand grenade into it."

It's obvious they both [Raj and Penny] felt, at least he at some level, like that was a mistake. So it'll be interesting to see what happens. I hope that Leonard and Raj stay friends.

And then this from Bill:

It winds up putting romantic things on hold for a while, and gives us a chance to get back to some good, nerdy storytelling.

What?

How is this putting romance on hold? It certainly puts good romance on hold (the kind I actually like), but it puts bad romance front and center. Are Bill Prady and the writers on drugs or something?

Imagine the following. "This season we are going to be talking about how a woman rebuilds her life. She has failed as an actress and failed at romance. She may have ruined her most important friendships."

Sounds like a promo for Dr. Phil or Oprah or whatever. I don't watch shows like that. Why in the world do they think I would be interested in that?

agreed Seph... I'm still sticking with "let's just wait and see what happens in the first 2 eps"

I'm sure they will set the mood for what direction season 5 will take.

Leonard and Priya doing the long distance relationship ? hmmm... interesting.

...and gives us a chance to get back to some good, nerdy storytelling.

Sounds like gold to me :)

its not gold...thats just to make it up for the situation he created

i'll laugh and all, but i won't enjoy it as much when it comes down to leonard and penny

i'll laugh and all, but i won't enjoy it as much when it comes down to leonard and penny

Apologies. I had no idea things were this serious.

Apologies. I had no idea things were this serious.

Yeah, unfortunately the downward turn (spiral?) of the show has been quite upsetting to some of us.

@simonsayz: majority?? Seriously?? The fanbase of the show worldwide would surely be running in the millions, yeah?

With regards to this site, I have counted 4 members that have posted serious concerns regarding the "downward spiral" of the show. The rest of us seem to be ok with where the show's going, or at least, are willing to wait and see what happens come season 5.

@simonsayz: majority?? Seriously?? The fanbase of the show worldwide would surely be running in the millions, yeah?

With regards to this site, I have counted 4 members that have posted serious concerns regarding the "downward spiral" of the show. The rest of us seem to be ok with where the show's going, or at least, are willing to wait and see what happens come season 5.

we are willing to wait to see what happens...but majority will either

1. stop watching because of the direction it is heading with no fix

2. will continue watching because it became a routine to watch this show

3. will continue to watch just for the funny parts, but still be bothered by it and won't care if it does get cancelled

i am number 2 and 3

I agree to disagree. That's what I love about science !!

@simon: Ok, I admit I'm a bit of a #2 but I routinely watch the show because I enjoy it.

It's one of those shows you can have going in the background and still get a giggle out of it. I think we both agreed on this a few months ago in another post.

Let us earmark these posts and regroup on Sept 23rd and see where it's at?

Curse your logical, well thought out arguements, simon :D

I agree to disagree. That's what I love about science !!

@simon: Ok, I admit I'm a bit of a #2 but I routinely watch the show because I enjoy it.

It's one of those shows you can have going in the background and still get a giggle out of it. I think we both agreed on this a few months ago in another post.

Let us earmark these posts and regroup on Sept 23rd and see where it's at?

Curse your logical, well thought out arguements, simon :D

LOL thanks..i love debating :)

yeah we both agree that we can just listen to it in the background

i still go to sleep just listening to the episodes (i choose randomly)

i mean i support the casts but i don't want them to think they have that many viewers because the storyline is good cuz it just went downhill

i want to know that we are continuing to watch because we support them for their great acting

we are willing to wait to see what happens...but majority will either

1. stop watching because of the direction it is heading with no fix

2. will continue watching because it became a routine to watch this show

3. will continue to watch just for the funny parts, but still be bothered by it and won't care if it does get cancelled

i am number 2 and 3

I am NOT a 2.

I guess I'm a weak 3 bordering on #1 depending on just how bad things are handled.

So they are going to go ahead with the whole Raj and Penny thing? Well that's me out then. Shame a great series ruined. I had hope they might do a " oh they just think they slept together!" but fromt that they clearly aren't. Even a sitcom has to have some basis in reality and unless Penny, Raj or Leonard leave the show then they just threw that out. Leonard wouldn't forgive or have anything to do with any of them so that kind of screws the show.

From the various quotes I'd say they are commited to the Raj Penny thing. It sounds as if they are going to use it as "Penny hits rock bottom, so she uses it to turn her life around and improve herself" kind of thing.

They could have easily done that without ruining the show though. Why couldn't they have her better herself with some help from the gang?

@netmouse - You might want to check out the Imdb forum, the majority of people who are not seriously disillusioned by the show and planning to drop it like a hot potato, are hanging out there. :)

Speaking for myself, I'm considerable emotionally invested in this show, and (as already recorded) did not find the season finale twist to be particularly horrible in a moral sense or whatever. Awkward, certainly, but that's only making me look forward with more curiosity to how they handle it in the beginning of the next season.

As for giving up on it - BBT gives me so much pleasure, so far, that I doubt they could do anything short of Sheldon murdering Penny or something which could make me stop watching it. :p

As for giving up on it - BBT gives me so much pleasure, so far, that I doubt they could anything short of Sheldon murdering Penny or something which could make me stop watching it. :p

^this... spoken like a true angel, Pomita :D

Will check out imdb too tnx.

As for giving up on it - BBT gives me so much pleasure, so far, that I doubt they could anything short of Sheldon murdering Penny or something which could make me stop watching it. :p

Don't give it away... My understanding was that that was going to be the ending for the final episode of the whole show - with the final scene having sheldon meet his new cell mate "Bubba".

^this... spoken like a true angel, Pomita :D

Will check out imdb too tnx.

Good, so I might be meeting you too in multiple forums. :) This seems to happen regularly with me and some other BBT enthusiasts around here.

Don't give it away... My understanding was that that was going to be the ending for the final episode of the whole show - with the final scene having sheldon meet his new cell mate "Bubba".

:D