Frasier

CharmedOne

Any Frasier fans in the house? I like it very much, a lot more than I like Cheers - come to think of it, I don't think I do like Cheers. Kelsey Grammer is amazing as Frasier, he is a good actor, he made Cheers much better than it really was. I can't say I care for Back to You though, stopped watching after week 3.

• 11 months later...

Never saw Cheers but I love Frasier. My favorite episode is Ham Radio, when they re-create a radio murder mystery. I laughed so hard I started to cry.

I remember that episode, that was a classic. :icon_cheesygrin: I think you're right, that is one of the best episodes.

[Niles has been carrying around a sack of flour and pretending it's a baby in order to see if he is ready for the commitment of a real child] Niles: I was practicing my Tai Chi this morning, and I accidentally kicked him into the reflecting pool. That's when I brought him inside and left him by the hearth to dry. Frasier: He caught fire? Niles: I was not as careless as it seems. A real child would have cried before it burst into flames! Niles: Oh the feedings every two hours. Constant monitoring where he is, I can see how parents can be obsessed with worry. Last night, I actually had a dream my flour sack was abducted and the kidnapper started sending me muffins in the mail. :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen:

• Like 2

Those quotes are classics. It reminds me how wonderful the show really was.

Frasier: [about Maris] By calling her so many times, you give her all the power! You're much better off coming from a position of strength!
Niles: Don't pour that sherry on your shirt, it will stain.
Frasier: What?
Niles: Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the portion of the afternoon where we give each other patently obvious advice.

• 7 months later...

This is one of my favourite shows of all times and one of the reasons is that I love sarcarm, when done in an intelligent way. Just reading the quotes above had me laughing again. They both do it differently, like when Niles was in the car with his new calfskin (i think) shoes and was afraid of getting them wet asked: "Does calf skin pucker?" Frasier -"Yes Niles, that's why the calf is the most laughed-at of all farmyard animals"... Whereas Niles seems to have a more distant than direct approach, as when F was talking about all the celebs he met with his new date, Niles (to waitress): Oh Miss, would you have a dustpan? I'd like to sweep up all the names my brother has been dropping!

• 4 months later...

I do enjoy some of the "intermediate" seasons of Fraiser. Most of my enjoyment stems from seeing Niles and Daphne's courtship (Daphne appears to be the only person on the planet who did not know of Niles' crush on her). For this main reason, the comedy seem to go out after Niles and Daphne tied the knot, in my opinion. One of my Fraiser DVDs is Season 4 - the highlights include the Two Mrs Cranes (where Niles pretended to be Daphne's husband) Mixed Doubles (when Daphne dated Rodney Banks - a Niles lookalike, and Niles finally had the opportunity to say "I love you" to Daphne). I also liked the previously mentioned Ham Radio (where Fraiser drove everyone crazy with his constant critique, and Niles "killing everyone" by popping the balloons) and Love Bites Dog (when Fraiser had to takeover Bulldog's job, and have to admit he knows nothing about the "Yankees"). I also own Season 7 - this is a little heavy emotionally, when Niles eventually confessed his love for Daphne. It wasn't as funny as Season 4, but I guess it wasn't supposed to be. Over the last couple of years, I have always thought about getting another season of Fraiser (perhaps either Season 1 or Season 2? a lot of fans seem to have voted these two seasons as their favourite), but cannot remember too many memorable episodes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

(Daphne appears to be the only person on the planet who did not know of Niles' crush on her). ,

... and she is supposed to be psychic!

I read this thread just after I finished my latest cycle of 3rd rock DVDs so decided to start with the Frasier collection again. I started with season 2.When I was buying them, I decided to but series per month, and spread the cost.

As you can find episode guides elsewhere, I will mention what I think are the memorable eps from this series...

Frasier freaks out after some guy steals his his sea in cafe Nervosa , and becomes a folk hero

One of the best episodes ever... Niles enlists the help of a local mafia guy to quash Maris' parking tickets

someone steals F's identity

the show where Diane comes back (to put on a play in Seattle)

Moon Dance - the romantics favourite - niles and daphne tango

Bibi engaged to marry the new station manager - an old rich Texan

Niles & Frasier hav to go to couple therapy after trying to work together

martin reveals a song for Sinatra and F has to present a eulogy for a less than favourite aunt.

Niles & Maris - first break-up - st mention of divorce

what Xmas prssie should F buy for Freddie, at the last minute?

• 4 months later...

Does anyone remember the black market caviar episode?

Some of the best episodes had not only the dialogue, but also the dramatic happenings, situations, dynamics, and surprises. A great example is the one where they all end up in a cabin by a lake, and everyone's coming and going, sneaking around and trying to avoid other people. Everyone has several lies going, and they're all keeping each other's secrets. This was always brilliantly done on that series. At its best It was akin to a modern Shakespeare production.

And Frasier was so overly dramatic and he often talked emotionally as though he was a tormented Shakespearian player. -Enter Marty/Roz/Niles/Daphne to burst his deluded bubble. : )

Any Frasier fans in the house? I like it very much, a lot more than I like Cheers - come to think of it, I don't think I do like Cheers.

Kelsey Grammer is amazing as Frasier, he is a good actor, he made Cheers much better than it really was. I can't say I care for Back to You though, stopped watching after week 3.

I was never a big fan a Cheers myself, I would watch it from time to time as I did like the character of Frasier (I am a therapist after all) but I do think the show Frasier was much superior and a lot funnier. Niles almost stole the show and the two made a great comedy team. Now that is chemistry!

• 9 months later...

I love Frasier, my favourite character is Niles but adore them all, just totally brilliant. As for choosing a favourite episode, that's so difficult as there are too many good ones but I love "Star Mitzvah" which is centred around Freddie's Bar Mitzvah and Frasier ends up speaking Klingon, ha ha!!

I also love Eddie!

• 1 year later...

Never saw Cheers but I love Frasier. My favourite episode is Ham Radio, when they re-create a radio murder mystery. I laughed so hard I started to cry.

Own all 11 seasons on DVD and have just started to re-watch them. Great show. Ham Radio is so funny with Roz's tooth and Gil, and Bulldog's girlfriend that only had one line to say.

Nice to see the Frasier thread still going strong after nearly 5 years. Im currently re-running the box sets on the kitchen DVD.

Frasier to Eddie (after a bad day) "Stop staring at me.Im a humane man, but right now I could kick a kitten through an electric fan. "