Annoying Anomolies

smeghead

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the Trivia section: The word "coke" features on the dvd episode but the word "cola" is used on the tv episode.

Depends which episode you quote from.

HA. I've got an Annoying Anomaly.

I have recently been informed, by a reliable source, that the DVD and the TV versions of some episodes are not the same.

Which makes me wonder about other changes. Are there scenes out there that I haven't seen? Perhaps all of the basic content is the same on DVD or TV, but what if they have 2 different versions of a scene and the one I missed had a better shot of certain parts of certain characters physical attributes? What then????

O....M....G....

I found it by mistake a couple of months ago. I quoted the line and my sister told me it was "cola" not "Coke" too.

I have only ever watched the dvd ep, but my sister then showed me the tv ep and well, the rest is history.

In almost every other episode everyone enters and exits from the RIGHT side of the doorway.

Grrrrr !!!

With regards to the laundry doorway.

I noticed in the hulk hands episode of season 3, again, Leonard and Penny both enter and exit the laundry from the left side of the doorway, which leads to nowhere land.

Need to get Seph's Sims2 game and plot a floorplan of the ground floor of the building.

In The Staircase Implementation (s3e22) We see Raj dress like Don Johnson, Miami Vice style. Thats quite a look too pull off with confidence! We move on 7 yrs and he's dressing way down in relation, to geek chic.

I like to add, I never liked that 'look' It's parodied brilliantly by Ross and Chandler in FRIENDS (another flashback ep)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm re-watching the series in preparation for season 5 and I have a few things that annoy me. These are anomolies with the plot rather than than with staging.

1. In The Thespian Catalyst, Sheldon wants acting lessons from Penny and insults her by indicating that her acting career is over since she is transitioning to teaching. Meanwhile, he wants the acting lesson to help with HIS teaching.

2. In The Plimpton Stimulation Penny is pissed off with Leonard for hooking up with Dr. Plimpton right after they break up, even though, in The Fuzzy Boots Corollary, she talks about how she usually has rebound sex after a breakup.

3. The worst one is in The Cushion Saturation (ignoring the lack of splatter from the paint balls). Sheldon states that he considers his spot on the couch, the moment he first sat on it as (0,0,0,0). After the cushion is cleaned Penny says "comfy cosy, (0,0,0)" and Sheldon says she missed a zero. But it wouldn't be zero. It would be (0,0,0,N) where N is the number of time units since he first sat in his spot.

I'm re-watching the series in preparation for season 5 and I have a few things that annoy me. These are anomolies with the plot rather than than with staging.

1. In The Thespian Catalyst, Sheldon wants acting lessons from Penny and insults her by indicating that her acting career is over since she is transitioning to teaching. Meanwhile, he wants the acting lesson to help with HIS teaching.

2. In The Plimpton Stimulation Penny is pissed off with Leonard for hooking up with Dr. Plimpton right after they break up, even though, in The Fuzzy Boots Corollary, she talks about how she usually has rebound sex after a breakup.

3. The worst one is in The Cushion Saturation (ignoring the lack of splatter from the paint balls). Sheldon states that he considers his spot on the couch, the moment he first sat on it as (0,0,0,0). After the cushion is cleaned Penny says "comfy cosy, (0,0,0)" and Sheldon says she missed a zero. But it wouldn't be zero. It would be (0,0,0,N) where N is the number of time units since he first sat in his spot.

1. You got it wrong. Acting teachers are usually failed actors, that's why he says her career is over. This has nothing to do with any other kind of teaching.

2. Obviously, this time she didn't. All her previous boyfriends were douchebags who would also have immediate rebound sex. She thought this one was different, especially since they stayed together for a long time. I think this probably was the most serious relationship she ever had.

3. 0,0,0,0 is correct. He means the cushion is the single point of consistency in an "ever changing world", what his world revolves around: the origin, so time 0 (and not the units of time since he first sat on it).

…

1. You got it wrong. Acting teachers are usually failed actors, that's why he says her career is over. This has nothing to do with any other kind of teaching.

2. Obviously, this time she didn't. All her previous boyfriends were douchebags who would also have immediate rebound sex. She thought this one was different, especially since they stayed together for a long time. I think this probably was the most serious relationship she ever had.

3. 0,0,0,0 is correct. He means the cushion is the single point of consistency in an "ever changing world", what his world revolves around: the origin, so time 0 (and not the units of time since he first sat on it).

1. This situation occurs in a lot of professions. Common expression. "Those who can't do, teach".

2. She even referred to it as "her pattern". Penny, herself, wouldn't have that low an opinion about ALL of her ex's. Also, she and Leonard were hardly together a long time - she lived with Kurt for 4 years, but went out with Leonard for less than one.

3. Sheldon said that his spot "at the moment I first sat on it" was point (0,0,0,0) in a 4 dimensional co-ordinate system. That fixes the time parameter. You can't just reset an origin continuously or it wouldn't have any meaning.

(P.S. Points 1 and 2 - meh - I'm not really invested in those ones. Point 3 annoys me as it is something that Sheldon wouldn't get wrong)

• 3 weeks later...

Watching when Leonard and Leslie hook up again and Sheldon is banished to the stairwell with Mario.

When Sheldon hooks up the extension lead, there is no power unit between the extension lead and the laptop.

In the scene, Sheldon is actually sitting on the end of the lead to keep it tight and appear that it is connected.

A trivial call, but an anomoly nonetheless.

You are under the assumption that ALL women make sense and are not ruled by emotional responses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

^ @Ima: me thinks some of the lady-folk on this forum might have a few "emotional responses" for you with regards to that comment :D

They could, but they would be wrong

It is scientific fact that women are more right brain thinkers, and 4of N provided a logical fallacy, which would not pertain to those who are illogical.

One way nature or a deity made us work well together, and which we fight with feminism and societial pressures for men to be more 'sensitive' and less competitive.

The greatest crime in the world is humankind thinking they have control over evolution rather than accept it

For a real world example, I had a woman break up with me TWICE for odd reasons in my mind, totally fabricated hypothesis in hers...which proved false.Second time I decided I was moving on and I had a fling with someone...she found out and was upset. Why? I don't know...3rd base. She broke up with me 2x! She went on dates during both...I didn't care, I slept with a woman, it was a betrayal of a crimne in her illogic universe

• 4 weeks later...

Season 4's Cruciferus Vegetable episode has Penny sounding very surprised when she sees Sheldon's knees whilst he's wearing his shorts, yet way back in season 1's Luminous Fish episode, Sheldon goes shopping with Penny in the same shorts and his knees don't even raise so much as a "howdy doody" from her.

nitpicky I know... but I'm going to be a stickler for continuity on this one :D