The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lana

Episode 1.08: The Grasshopper Experiment

spoilertv.blogspot.com reports the summary for Episode 1.08 of The Big Bang Theory.

Koothrappali is overwhelmed when his parents arrange a blind date for him, but after a few drinks he discovers he can actually talk to women. Unfortunately, his gorgeous date is more interested in Sheldon.

Airs: 12th November 2007

Source: SpoilerTV

Can anyone else say "WOW!" This is gonna be a great episode! :icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks, sounds like another great episode ... seems everybody is getting a woman, first Wolowitz, now Koothrappali.

Not to mention Leonard kinda got Leslie Winkle (hey, it was something, lol). Only Sheldon left.... hehehehe. That should be interesting.

aww poor Koothrappali!! but since i have a big crush on Sheldon i can totally relate to blind-date-girl! i wonder how Sheldon and Koothrappali are going to react in this episode -- can't wait for it!!!! thanks for the info!!! PS cute avatar Lana :) ...

CBS has officially announced details of the 8th episode which will air November 12th. WHILE ON A BLIND DATE, KOOTHRAPPALI DISCOVERS HE ACTUALLY CAN TALK TO A WOMAN, BUT SHELDON STEALS HIS "THUNDER" AND MOVES IN ON HIS LADY, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," MONDAY, NOV. 12 "The Grasshopper Experiment" - Koothrappali is overwhelmed after his parents arrange a blind date, but he discovers he actually can talk to the opposite sex after a few drinks; however, complications set in when his beautiful date is more interested in Sheldon, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Nov. 12 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/243/CBS+announces+Episode+1.08/ http://the-big-bang-theory.com/episodeguide/episode/108/

The show does remind me of Friends to an extent ... its a sitcom about a group of friends, but its not about nothing like some shows.

The show does remind me of Friends to an extent ... its a sitcom about a group of friends, but its not about nothing like some shows.

yeah, I agree, it is not about "nothing". Thanxs

I enjoyed the big bang theory last night. It's hilarious. The one comment I would make is about the Indian characters. Lalita's character is well-written and Sarayu did a great job. Raj was cast like an exchange student from the sixties. I was hoping the character would develop into a more believable, updated character. Last night is the last straw. I have lots of Indian friends. I really hope and pray that the writers would develop the Indian characters more in step with today's life both here and India. keval

The fast affiliates are out and BBT was impressive again. The show was #2 and viewed by 9.39 million. With adults aged 18-49 it was also #2 and got a 3.8/9 rating. It built on lead-in How I Met Your Mother by 800,000 viewers and .5 in adults 18-49.

The ratings for this show have amazed me. The show was on its way to being a hit. It would have done about 12 million viewers once Dancing With The Stars leaves in two weeks. Now it is forced into repeats by some stupid writers strike, and enters a big unknown. It was on its way to a long run, but now no one knows what will happen. Here's hoping for the best.

Raj was cast like an exchange student from the sixties. I was hoping the character would develop into a more believable, updated character. Last night is the last straw.

I have lots of Indian friends. I really hope and pray that the writers would develop the Indian characters more in step with today's life both here and India.

I also noticed this and was really hoping that his character would develop more, besides the fact that Raj can now suddenly talk to women - thanks to alcohol that worked way too fast (30 seconds? what kind of liquor WAS that?!) The episode was hilarious, as always. I am very anxious to see the next episode (please Arnie, end the strike!) to see how it continues. Will Raj start drinking to talk to women?...........

I also have to point out that I LOVED Sheldon at the end. TOO FUNNY! :icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah, I wondered about the drinks. And also, I don't remember exactly but didn't he get into bed with another girl in a previous episode?

keval

I also noticed this and was really hoping that his character would develop more, besides the fact that Raj can now suddenly talk to women - thanks to alcohol that worked way too fast (30 seconds? what kind of liquor WAS that?!) The episode was hilarious, as always. I am very anxious to see the next episode (please Arnie, end the strike!) to see how it continues. Will Raj start drinking to talk to women?...........

I also have to point out that I LOVED Sheldon at the end. TOO FUNNY! :icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah, I wondered about the drinks. And also, I don't remember exactly but didn't he get into bed with another girl in a previous episode?

Yes, at the very end of the Halloween episode, The Middle-Earth Paradigm.

Yes, at the very end of the Halloween episode, The Middle-Earth Paradigm.

Thanks. I wish writers would pay more attention to the development of characters, even in sitcoms.

keval

One of my fave quotes:

LOL! That was also one of my faves. Another one was:

Raj: Screw Princess Punjali (sp?)

Lalita: Hey, don't speak to me like that!

Raj: But you're not Princess Punjali.

Sheldon: Thank goodness for you. She could have you beheaded.

LOL! That was also one of my faves. Another one was:

Raj: Screw Princess Punjali (sp?)

Lalita: Hey, don't speak to me like that!

Raj: But you're not Princess Punjali.

Sheldon: Thank goodness for you. She could have you beheaded.

Yes, this dialogue is funny. Spelled Panchaali. I think it is a Bengali name.

In fact, I liked Lalita's character better than Raj's, I mean in terms of being realistic.

What great ratings and now the audience will probably get bored watching episodes they saw 8 weeks ago!

I understand your concern, but I watched the re-run of the pilot and laughed as hard as I did the first time! I think good writing and good acting stands up to multiple viewings (we all do buy DVD's we watch over and over again, right???). I have confidence that the audience and CBS will not forget about this show! :)

I finally got to see the entire pilot episode--it was great. It is unfortunate that it is up against first-run episodes of other shows. But with December coming, and people being busy, plus holiday programming perhaps pre-empting the usual shows, it might not be so bad for TBBT. The strike negotiations are set to resume on Nov 26--maybe the holidays will put the big shots in a charitable mood! (or a greedy one--which is probably the case).