The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BBTpro

Penny and Raj didnt have sex...

Even if Penny and Raj didn't have sex, the whole idea from that night was funny. Really even after sleeping in the same bed as her or having sex with her Raj still couldn't talk to her the next morning? So funny! LOL

I agree, I guess if it turns out they did have sex. I could get over it eventually. But ill post what i said on fan forum when the question was do you think Raj and Penny slept together.

----

No, because i tend to look at things realistically. It would really destroy the dynamic of the friendships. I mean the creators and writers seem to love the character growth that Penny has gotten. If she slept with Raj. She turns into a girl who get's passed around through the gang. You can say...Well...only 2 of the 4. But it goes down a slippery slope. I loved Jackie/Hyde in T7S and wish they ended up together somehow. I love the character of Jackie Burkhart. But i hated how they made her get passed through most of the gang. And to top it off it was even a joke in the finale how Jackie was passed around through the gang. I don't want Penny to be like that. And my educated guess is the writers don't want that either.

So while it is a TV show and not everything can be based on logic and realism...i think when it comes to the sexual decisions...it should stay realistic. I could be wrong. But i think somehow they didnt have intercourse.

------

So yeah. Eventually i could rationalize and get over if they did end up having intercourse...but it would take time.

I think that this thread is kind of bizarre. Penny and Raj woke up naked in the same bed. How could anyone think that there is a question?

Even if Raj didn't "stick it in", they still made the decision to go into Leonard's bedroom, get naked together and get into bed. One can assume this didn't happen without at least some physical contact on the way - at least kissing, probably more.

How is this not sex? And even if that doesn't fit your definition of sex, then how would it absolve Raj from being an [email protected]!e and Penny from being a slut?

Their reactions in the morning with the "Still can't talk to me?" don't allow for anything other than that they knew what they were doing when they got into bed in the first place.

• Like 1

Ok, let's say they didnt have sex.

Some people will say...it doesnt matter...the intent was there. So even if somehow they didnt...the intent was there.

Where as i say....If they never got drunk in the first place they would have never gotten to that position.

So if you pull the....The intent was there card....

I can pull the....If they were not drunk it never would have gotten to that point card...

The following is just if you assume they didnt. If they did the point i made is mute.

Also...I didnt know being in bed with someone equaled sex. :icon_biggrin:

Where as i say....If they never got drunk in the first place they would have never gotten to that position.

Doesn't matter if they were drunk. Alcohol doesn't work that way.

Alcohol does not MAKE you do things you DON"T want to do.

Alcohol LETS you do things you DO want to do.

You may be forgetting that some of us have actually been drunk and know what it's like.

And just for fun let's do a little experiment...

Let's just say you are sitting at dinner with your mom and dad and your dad says to your mom.

"Honey, last weekend when you were away shopping with your friends, your friend Mary dropped by and we ordered some pizza and had some wine and before you know it, we were making out on the couch. Then we went upstairs to our room, got naked and started feeling each other up on our bed. Then, just when we were about to have actual intercourse, we both passed out drunk."

Now let's see how you think your mom would react. She would...

a) Say "Oh my goodness, you really had me going there for a minute. I thought you were going to say that you and Mary had sex. By the way, can you remember to pick up some milk on your way home from work tomorrow?"

or...

B) Say "Oh just a minute dear, I want to get something from the kitchen. Now where did I put that butcher knife?"

So you are assuming that Penny and Raj wanted to have sex with each other? When we had seen nothing hinting at that throughout the series. It was strictly alcohol induced regardless.

So you are assuming that Penny and Raj wanted to have sex with each other? When we had seen nothing hinting at that throughout the series. It was strictly alcohol induced regardless.

That is why it doesn't make sense.

Alcohol induced? Nonsense.

Alcohol impairs judgement.

Exactly. Alcohol is a depressant. Is depresses your inhibitions. Your normal thought processes that would normally stop you from doing something don't kick in so you do things that you would not have done sober.

But that just means that you end up doing things that you want to do, but that you would not otherwise have done. In other words...

Alcohol does not MAKE you do things you DON"T want to do.

Alcohol LETS you do things you DO want to do.

Being drunk does not absolve you from anything.

I mean really... "Sorry Your Honour, I didn't mean to kill that person, but you see, I was drunk". How far do you think that would take you?

P.S. I would absolutely love for Raj and Penny to have not had sex. That act would make it impossible for me to watch the show any longer and I am way more obsessed with this show than I really should be. However, there just isn't a solution to this that I can imagine at this point.

Well we are not talking about murder. We are talking about sex. Of course alcohol shouldn't be blamed for murder. It's still murder.

But i guess my whole point is..if it turns out they did not have sex....I know some will say...well the intent was still there. My counter would be what i said here.

Now does it make me feel any better if it turns out they had sex but were drunk? Nope. It is still horrible and unacceptable imo. It doesnt soothe my Leonard/Penny heart that..Penny had sex with Raj even if she was drunk. But im saying....it needs to be took into account and not just thrown aside. They were drunk. That's a canon fact. IMO they would have not done that if they were not drunk. It's no excuse though.

... It's no excuse though.

This I can totally agree with.

By the way Slicknickshady, I would like to apologize about something. I really hated it in the past when I expressed my opinion and people kept trying to convince me that my opinion wasn't valid and that they were right. So here I find myself doing just the thing I hated in other people. Shame on me. So, I'm sorry about that, I hope I haven't been too obnoxious. This whole thing has affected me a little bit too much and I think I need to step back.

Trust me. I have been in fandoms for a long time.

I will say...even if it turns out Penny had sex with Raj. It won't permanently destroy her character. It would just taint it a little till she redeems herself. I mainly have the problem with what Raj did but i can't blame it all on him. Penny should have known better (this is off the assumption they had sex, i don't think they did)

So it just taints the character of Penny a little bit for me if she did have sex with Raj. But it's not a permanent stain on the Leonard and Penny relationship.

I saw a brilliant post on fan forum...I will reword it a bit since it was in the spoiler thread so i don't give anything away.

---

Leonard accepts her as she is with all her faults, because he loves her as she is and not for any other reason. Rather she did or didnt have sex with Raj...Leonard will still love her and accept her imo regardless.

---

Some of that is paraphrased but still. If Penny truly ends up being in love with Leonard in S5....it's not going to be this incident that keeps them apart. The obstacle will be Leonard's ability to come to grips with Penny not being able to say that back when they were dating.

By the way Slicknickshady, I would like to apologize about something. I really hated it in the past when I expressed my opinion and people kept trying to convince me that my opinion wasn't valid and that they were right. So here I find myself doing just the thing I hated in other people. Shame on me. So, I'm sorry about that, I hope I haven't been too obnoxious. This whole thing has affected me a little bit too much and I think I need to step back.

Barging in on the discussion, just to say this.. I really liked this post. This is the kind of courtesy which is rare on internet forums.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... this forum site has a great intimacy about it with regards to how members relate amongst one another. It's a refreshing change.

On topic: I don't know why, but lately when watching reruns, the moment I see Raj, I'm finding myself muttering "you rat bastard !".

Have no idea where it's come from... I'm thinking it's just the amount of discussion that has taken place over the past 4 months with regards to the season 4 finale getting into my head.

Hoping it will pass once season 5 gets going.

all the reruns i watch, i didn't watch s4 season finale so much..im like trying to wipe the bad part of my memories

you know what is going to happen in S5?

simple, Penny will somehow sleep with Howard and Bernadette will walk in on them

Howard will say "well isn't this awkward?"

Penny will have the same expression and phrase when she woke up next to Raj

"oh god...oh god..."

sorry but Penny seems like the pass around hot potato

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... this forum site has a great intimacy about it with regards to how members relate amongst one another. It's a refreshing change.

On topic: I don't know why, but lately when watching reruns, the moment I see Raj, I'm finding myself muttering "you rat bastard !".

Have no idea where it's come from... I'm thinking it's just the amount of discussion that has taken place over the past 4 months with regards to the season 4 finale getting into my head.

Hoping it will pass once season 5 gets going.

Oh, yes. Things can get dirty on the Imdb forum, for example!

That's not surprising, considering that Johnny and Simon have gone on record to say that they got angry with Kunal, after the episode. :p

@Pomita: Didn't know that Johnny and Simon had done that.

Had a look at the imdb forum... meh, it did look a little nasty at times and there didn't appear to be a great deal of moderation on the site.