Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I have to say, I went in to this movie with a lot of trepidation, as Aliens vs. Cowboys stunk and the last time they tried to remake the Planet of the Apes classic, they failed..BIG TIME because Tim Burton thought Mark Walberg should have a monkey crush

Anyway, this harkens to the Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and it fixes the weird stuff that was implausable and changes it to something else.

It is drama filled and I feel the buildup to the action sequence is wonderfully done

I'd recommend it

two opposable thumbs up

I am a fan of the original movies i mean who isn't?

But the first remake was and epic failure and so is the second one!

Hollywood ran out of ideas,it's sad,makes me cry!

Apparently David Hewlett (who plays Dr. Rodney McKay in Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis) is in it. My aunt wants to see it for that reason lol.

Other aspects of the movie make that reason fly away -.-

Apparently David Hewlett (who plays Dr. Rodney McKay in Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis) is in it. My aunt wants to see it for that reason lol.

DX Better warn my aunt lol.

You better,unless you want to spend the eternity living with the thought that you betrayed you aunt. How could you sleep?

You better,unless you want to spend the eternity living with the thought that you betrayed you aunt. How could you sleep?

I'm not sleeping too well anyways. Meh, since I finished college I've had trouble getting to sleep.

I'm not sleeping too well anyways. Meh, since I finished college I've had trouble getting to sleep.

I thought you were 18?

Where i come from,we finish high school at the age of 18/19 and than we go to college. :)

I thought you were 18?

Where i come from,we finish high school at the age of 18/19 and than we go to college. :)

Yeah, I am.

It works differently in the UK. We finish school at 16, then finish college at 18.

I thought you were 18?

Yeah, I am.

It works differently in the UK. We finish school at 16, then finish college at 18.

Here we start elementary at the age of 7,we finish it when we are 15 than high school until 18 and a half and than normal 4 years of college(Or 5 or maybe 3 depends on what you study)

So you are lucky! I am 17 and haven't finished high school yet i will start my third year in September -.-

Awesome movie !! Re watching the original Planet Of The Apes as we speak !! (or, type) ><

I will NEVER watch it >.<

My friend somehow managed to trick me into watching the first remake.

DAMN DIRTY APE!!

Havent seen it yet, but I gather it is a prequel of part 3 or something...I dont watch trailers as they show what happens 5 minutes berore the end of the film

the last I saw of the original films was where the baby was hidden in a cage by the fleeing apes and said "mama".

I get the impression that this film is about how apes developed intelligenge, speech etc in the first place.

I any case, there is feck all else to see in the cinema so I am planning on watching this one...and it stars gollum! Andy must be rightly pissed off at this stage, with his typecasting

I'm not going to see this movie anytime soon.

Come on, the beginning and the middle of the plot are in the trailer, and EVERYBODY knows the end, since it's a prequel.

It's just ruined for me.

I'm a massive fan of the original films. I liked this one, points to a sequel; what is the significance of the missing NASA mission!

The Icarus was the ship Charlton Heston and crew were lost before he smacked into the Planet of the Apes.

Their was no official name of the ship, but a fan submitted that name on some of his letters in the fan club (remember FAN CLUBS? I recall MST3K!) and it took

Yea, do NOT sell yourself short

Yes, you know the beginning and the end of the movie, but the depth of the main characters...even Franco's is done.

How Casear grows is the best I have seen in cinema in awhile, and it really fixes ALL the stupidty of Conquest and my favorite old school Apes movie is Battle for the Planet of the Apes, and I can see that is going to be great unless they make up one in between, which I am all for...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I watched it and it was the most enjoyable film I have seen in a long time. The title is a bit misleading as it is more about the very beginning of the rise of the apes and the very beginning of the demise of humans.

I could have watched it for hours more.

I assume they will make another 1 or 2 of these. The 2nd film would be more justified with the title this one was given. I would love to see a film with mainly the apes. I would foresee a split in the Apes society (pardon the generic term for such a wide range of species).

Caesar and the other trained simian (whose name I cant remember) may end up on opposing sides , based mainly on how they think the humans should be treated. Obviously Caesar loses and is killed or exiled thus leading to the society which exists when the astronauts return.

The Humans landing could be a good ending to the film thus linking nicely to the original.