Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Hopefully they will just leave it at the one film and not ruin it. Unfortunately, history dictates that there may be still be another 6 remakes in the pipeline !! >< /sigh

"More, I say. Hang those who talk of less."

Bonus points for anyone who recognises that "animated" quote.

@Wilde: everyone knew how Titanic ended and people still watched it.

Don't sell the Apes short, it's definitely worth a look.

A very good point, netmouse. I loved this film and I'm a fan of the original films too. I saw the first remake and while I thought it was OK, it was nothing in comparison to the original.

Interestingly, the first remake was quite similar to the original book where it all took place on another planet. But I prefer the ending to the original film - the shock when he found out where he was.

And this new one leads brilliantly into a sequel.

@smeg: "More friends! More allies! More, I say. Hang those who talk of less. There's a few inches over here."

Martin Prince during The Simpsons episode where he gets the pool.

The quote is from the scene where Martin is cramming as many kids into his pool as he can before it bursts.

And back at you for some more bonus points, which Alfred Hitchcock film does this particular episode parody?

It was "Rear Window". The Simpsons episode has two storylines going in it. One is Martin's swimming pool, the other is that Bart has a broken leg and witnesses what he thinks is Ned Flanders murdering his wife.

It follows a similar storyline to the Hitchcock movie. (minus the swimming pool) :p

It was "Rear Window". The Simpsons episode has two storylines going in it. One is Martin's swimming pool, the other is that Bart has a broken leg and witnesses what he thinks is Ned Flanders murdering his wife.

It follows a similar storyline to the Hitchcock movie. (minus the swimming pool) :p

Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a new thread. . I will start off with a topical one - see movies & TV thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lot of people liked the movie and were having great expectations after the promos launch, movie is nice and interesting, hey anybody know who is the female lead actress in the movie i think the star from Dany boyles Slumdog millionaire if i guessed right.

• 7 months later...