The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.01 - The Skank Reflex Analysis (Sept. 22)

A title doesn't always define an episode. So if you people vote 'no' on this episode just because of the title, you really have no idea what you will be missing..JAWOA

Actually, I think that they spend a lot of time trying to make the titles match the episodes.

However, you are right. We must wait until we see the show to see how it goes.

Guys, of course the title somewhat reflect the episode! It ain't a bad thing, really! ''The Skank Reflex Analysis'' literally means that Penny, along with many of the other crew members, will ''analysate'' the Raj/Penny event, that they think might be kind of ''skanky'', that's all! I mean, come on, with last season's cliffhanger ending, this is pretty much what you'd expect to happen in this episode! They could just have called it ''The Slut Effect Reflection'', or whatever! This episode is MEANT to be a continuity of last season's ending, and I wouldn't want it any other way, really!

Set reports are posted by fans who attended the day after each show is taped. That's how I get the titles of the episodes before they're officially announced (http://wiki.the-big-bang-theory.com/index.php/Season_5). I put the titles on the wiki but I don't read the set reports because I much prefer to enjoy the episodes when they're aired. If you don't mind being spoiled, just check out SpoilerTV. They usually post them (although they aren't the source).

Steve

The Wiki

And if you liked the "skank" title, you'll also like the latest episode title from last Tuesday.

The show is in a week's shooting hiatus now so the writers can get a little bit further ahead on scripts. The next new episode will be taped September 13, I believe.

Steve

The Wiki

lol, nice Pomita! Really nice clips, can't wait for them!

And althought I'm disappointed that apparently the writers are backing up on the whole Penny/Raj sex thing, it seems that at least they are backing up with good laught! 'kinda reminds me of when Leonard tried to bring up the ''pact'' while in bed with Penny! You know, how he tried to slowly bring it up but that ended up sounding worst? Raj kinda did the same there!

:p haha Looking forward to that, even with the whole backing-up thingy!

I wish & hope everyone able to watch the back to back opening episodes has fun! Will be checking Sidereel tomorrow evening, in hopes of finding them there to watch. It sucks not being able to see it tonight..

Thanks Jacks. Hope you get a viewing over the weekend.

Ahhh the forums will be alive with fresh episode discussion.... sweet.

< R.I.P. SE04E24>

I'll repost my thoughts from the other thread rather than rewrite my opinion.

Hmmm well that was.... strange. Only watched the first one.

SPOILERS

Few things that make no sense whatsoever.

Howard has more of a reaction to Raj writing dirty poetry than Leonard does about Raj sleeping with the love of his life.

Penny's biggest regret about the situation is ruining things with Leonard but she agrees not to tell everyone she didn't sleep with Raj.

None of it makes any sense.

Overall very meh and still think the fact they tried to sleep together ruins the whole show and the way they've tried to cover that up makes even less sense.

Going to watch the second but even without the Penny/Raj thing it just seems to have lost it's spark and originality. They need to trim the fat cut out the drama crap and reduce the non main cast for starters.

Well two down and yeah, meh!

The whole Raj/Penny thing seemed to be them saying "yep we completely screwed up, let's just pretend we didn't go there."

The episodes overall were pretty lame. The characters have become so exaggerated it's just silly. The kissing machine just wasn't funny, didn't repulse or disgust me I just felt embarrassed for the actors having to act in such a bad scene. The episodes just seemed tired as if they are out of ideas but the ratings are there so they have to keep going.

The only real laugh I got out of both episodes was Sheldon saying "as a man with a keen sense of style, I must tell you that chair does not work with the room."

Really surprised that the Raj/Penny thing wasn't the most disappointing thing rather the lack of anything resembling the series I used to love.

They tried to make Amy the star?

This was horrible, just horrible...they have the same venomous attitudes toward each other...THEN I thought I saw a flash of the old comraderie, they annoy each other but Sheldon sacrifices himself and the 3 guys avenge his "death" He then gives himself a battle field promotion, but ZING a horrible statement by Sheldon to Leonard after that

This was a shell of the show I knew, my GF laughed at about 6 things, I stood stonefaced, shaking my head solemnly.

Also, Parsons seemed to be 'out of character' and he was showing a bit of his 'natural self' meaning Sheldon seemed homosexual...which was weird.

Because I am patient, I decided to watch the next episode...and aside from the Amy in it...I liked the 2nd episode much more...except for the obvious jokes (Leonard talking dirty and you knew the parents were there)

• Like 1

I really liked it. Sure it isn't exactly the same show as it was in the first seasons, but really, if it was it would eventually just get old. the show needs to evolve and I think they are doing a pretty good job of it.

although one thing I didn't get was how Raj is suddenly able to talk to penny in Amy's apartment.

the 2nd episode was brilliant! Especially Raj and Howards Internet make out session haha.

although one thing I didn't get was how Raj is suddenly able to talk to penny in Amy's apartment.

Didn't you notice that he had a flask in his hand when Amy opened the door and he was lowing it as if he just had a drink?

but ZING a horrible statement by Sheldon to Leonard after that

I know. There is really no excuse for that. It is past "oh Sheldon is just awkward". Sheldon it turning into a mean person. It seems to me that they are pushing the characters into more extreme stereotypes as the ratings go down and down.

I don't get it the whole cliffhanger over the summer was that penny/raj ending and now they changed their mind and decided they didn't want them to have done it the whole gang still thinks the did it, I did find it funny when he asked her if he ruined her for white men,

It's good that they didn't actually have sex. I mean, they wanted to, so it's still pretty bad, but not as much as if they did.

I really liked it. Sure it isn't exactly the same show as it was in the first seasons, but really, if it was it would eventually just get old. the show needs to evolve and I think they are doing a pretty good job of it.

See, I don't agree...the greatest shows ever stayed TRUE to what they were

Cheers, All in the family, Seinfeld, Father Ted, Black Adder, The Office (UK) IT Crowd and Fawlty Towers

They all had drama type episodes, but their writers didn't just change the dynamics of the show, like have Shelly Long sleep with Woody and Elaine have a drunken night with Kramer

Besides it's not evolution, more like mutation.

I will give it until probably that amazingly attractive comic book geek girl has an aaffair with Leonard, which means, he has had 5 beautiful women in 2 yrs...sorry SOME stereotypes about nerds and geeks are true and THAT would never happen to any of us

the 2nd episode was brilliant! Especially Raj and Howards Internet make out session haha.

I was also wondering about Raj talking so much, but on the second viewing I noticed he seems to carry a small flask with him now.

And yes I always watch eps more than once, because you always miss stuff first time round.

Some eps I've viewed 5-6 times they are so damned funny.

Didn't you notice that he had a flask in his hand when Amy opened the door and he was lowing it as if he just had a drink?

but ZING a horrible statement by Sheldon to Leonard after that

I know. There is really no excuse for that. It is past "oh Sheldon is just awkward". Sheldon it turning into a mean person. It seems to me that they are pushing the characters into more extreme stereotypes as the ratings go down and down.

I know nothing about ratings and stuff, are they really going down? Seems strange they would keep drifting away from the original formula if it's losing them ratings.

I also agree with Imapotato. Classic shows don't wildly change especially not so quickly.

The episode felt as though the writers had agreed back in May that ok, we have 19 minutes to clear everything up.

And that they did.

I knew the opening scene would be an awkward one for the group. Once the boys got it all out of their system at the lunch table, it felt like TBBT of old.

Good move by CBS to screen a double header. I think the first episode on it's own would have left me feeling a bit flat.

The second episode, however, nailed it for me. Roll on season 5 !!

I'd like for them to have penny start dating again like season 1-2 not dumb guys again not after she dated a genius, just so she'll won't be so jealous of priya/leonard like she was most of season 4

Just saw 2 episodes and was pleased with the way they picked up from the cliffhanger ( although I'm waiting to see how the other's will find out what really happened and why they are kept in the dark)

It was good that you had the uncomfortable feeling at the beginning as they had to move forward from there, so I think writes did ok.

Raj talked a lot, but noticed he always had beer or flask in hand.

Sheldon only woar 1 superhero shirt in the episodes, wonder where that comes from?

Roll on next Friday as that is when I can watch new episodes in Holland on line :)

you know, what, i just rewatched it, I totally missed the flask the first time lol. ok, then in that case I loved it all haha