The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.02 - The Infestation Hypothesis (Sept. 22)

Writers go on to different projects I guess cbolt

During season 1 and 2 they had Prady,Lorre and Molaro along with their associates Goetsch and Arohnson. Soemtimes they contracted an episode out or maybe that writer sent them a storyboard.

In the middle of season 3 they had 6-8 writers of each episode, as I am sure prady and Lorre ran dry on ideas (50 episodes, who could blame them) then for whatever reason, by the second half of season 4 Jim Reynolds and Maria Ferrari started getting more and the rest went away

Now it seems they have 6 writers, 3 of which are out of ideas (Prady,Molaro and Lorre) 2 who suck (Reynolds and Ferrari) and one good one Kaplan.

I don't see good times ahead, maybe the top guys fired the good writers because they thought the drama angle of season 4 made them puke as well

The old married couple bit was my favorite...

The internet kissing thing was funny, but dragged on a bit in my opinion.

The old married couple bit was my favorite...

The internet kissing thing was funny, but dragged on a bit in my opinion.

Agreed the internet kissing... funny but maybe a bit too long.

And what about the bit of Penny and Amy running down the stairs screaming?

The old married couple and that were my favorites of the night

The kissing machine was pretty funny. I still think Raj and Howards hug from the first season is the funniest of their "embraces" so far :D

I loved this one! All the drama put aside, and a bit of good old Sheldon-agonizing-over-insects.

His knocking - especially the final one - had me rolling. :)

Amy is growing on me more and more. There is such a resonance to her scenes with both Penny and Sheldon, in different ways.. with Penny because there she becomes emotionally the lonely geek schoolgirl wanting a best friend (been there done that), and with Sheldon because these two clearly understand each other so well.

People don't seem to be liking the Leonard/Priya thing much, but I for one could totally identify, and both smile and laugh at their technical 'long-distance' difficulties. I don't mean the 'dirty' aspect of it, but as someone who's been in a long-distance marriage for the last 5 years, the Skype-freezing frustrations and not knowing if someone else is around (even just during conversations) are SO familiar. I think the writers are touching on a not uncommon aspect of the nerd lifestyle here.

The kissing machine was pretty funny. I still think Raj and Howards hug from the first season is the funniest of their "embraces" so far :D

The hug was hilarious...the kiss was uncomfortable and crass, would work in 2 1/2 men...not so much here

Does anyone know what that was crawling inside the chair, I also would love to have seen sheldon's reaction when raj and Howard brought the chair into the apartment

Some laughs. Sheldon's OCD is always good comedy. Amy isn't Amy anymore, but maybe that's ok. She obviously had no life and now via Penny she feels she does. The, "kiss me where I've never been kissed before," bit was funny as hell. Poor Amy, hitting on Sheldon. That will be the hardest seduction ever. I found the kissing machine bit with Raj and Howard to be overly long. Any comedy in it was ruined by that length. I still smell the stench from Chuck Lorre's depraved cliffhanger/no solution solution, but maybe it will fade in time. I hope so. This was my favorite show and I would like it to remain so. They need to find a direction for Penny, my favorite character, besides being an, "anyone's for the price of a bottle of wine." Maybe the acting career taking off will help. Please. Comedy, not soap opera.

Wayelrob,

couldn't agree more about penny especially after her lack of storyline for season 4 most of the season all she did was be jealous of priya/Leonard

No Pamy or Shenny or Shamy...ugh!!

I left a love fest middle age woman filled Big Bang Forum for stuff like that...

Let's talk about the episode at hand please

I feel the show Extras with Ricky Gervais sums up Season 4 and 5 perfectly, once you get to a huge viewership, executives force the creators to keep feeding garbage to milk it.

Such as Sheldon's OCD...we want more, despite your claims it will make him a charicature

More love interest, because that's what the demograp[hics want

So on and so forth.

No wonder my favorite sitcoms only lasted 3-4 yrs at best...they ended it before their integrity was taken, too bad Prady and Lorre have none

I actually liked Priya in this episode. "man-nipples" lmao

you like priya for 2 reasons

1. she wasn't physically in the show with that much airtime

2. she was wearing super thin ummm you get the rest :icon_cheesygrin:

No Pamy or Shenny or Shamy...ugh!!

I left a love fest middle age woman filled Big Bang Forum for stuff like that...

Let's talk about the episode at hand please

I feel the show Extras with Ricky Gervais sums up Season 4 and 5 perfectly, once you get to a huge viewership, executives force the creators to keep feeding garbage to milk it.

Such as Sheldon's OCD...we want more, despite your claims it will make him a charicature

More love interest, because that's what the demograp[hics want

So on and so forth.

No wonder my favorite sitcoms only lasted 3-4 yrs at best...they ended it before their integrity was taken, too bad Prady and Lorre have none

Gervais is pretty clever he ended the original UK Office after two series even though it was hugely successful. Simon Peggs Spaced another favourite of mine only had two series. Obviously I would have preferred more but at least they finished at the top of their game.

Definitely too many execs making bad decisions when it comes to TV.

Better than the pilot, that's for sure. I think it's starting to climb back to its enjoyable standard, but the only thing I didn't like was Penny opening the door with those mantras, "What's up, buttercup?" etc., Howard and Raj's unnecessarily long kissing scene, and Amy... just Amy in general.

Everything else, great.

@Pomita: A CHUD is a Cannabilistic Humanoid Underground Dweller. It was the title of an old campy 80s horror film about monsters living in the sewers of NY.

They also get a mention in the Simpsons episode when Homer has to go to NY to pick up his car from the twin towers carpark.

Gervais is pretty clever he ended the original UK Office after two series even though it was hugely successful. Simon Peggs Spaced another favourite of mine only had two series. Obviously I would have preferred more but at least they finished at the top of their game.

Did the same thing with Extras and I think his Ricky Gervais show. It must stink being Stephen Merchant...you right half of brillance but the chubby guy gets the credit lol

It is also no coincedence that the American version of The Office started to fall flat late season 3 after they ran out of Gervais ideas

Never saw Simon Pegg's Spaced! Any other BBC shows I should look out for?

I have Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, Black Adder and one of my favorite sitcoms of all time IT Crowd on DVD

Did the same thing with Extras and I think his Ricky Gervais show. It must stink being Stephen Merchant...you right half of brillance but the chubby guy gets the credit lol

It is also no coincedence that the American version of The Office started to fall flat late season 3 after they ran out of Gervais ideas

Never saw Simon Pegg's Spaced! Any other BBC shows I should look out for?

I have Father Ted, Fawlty Towers, Black Adder and one of my favorite sitcoms of all time IT Crowd on DVD

Lol yeah poor Merchant I always forget about him.

I would say Spaced is a must watch series, a true classic should be available on Amazon or ahem other places. You have a wanna be comic artist working in a comic shop and a wannabe writer who both split with their other halves and end up sharing a flat. There are tons of film and geek references and a great supporting cast, its very different to a normal sitcom.

IT Crowd is amazing another where they are quitting while ahead, one more series to go I think.

You covered my favourite shows so not many more I can recommend. Red Dwarf early series are good but later series suffered with a lack of ideas, Black Books is good, not as good as some on your list worth a watch.

Not sure if the humour travels well but Alan Patridge is good. Starts out as a spoof chat show "Knowing Me Knowing You", then moves onto a sitcom following him after his show is cancelled "I'm Alan Patridge." Plenty of clips on YouTube to see if you like it.

Not sure if you only want sitcoms but other comedy stuff worth looking at if you just like the general British humour. Have I Got News For You, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, two very good weekly Comedy quiz shows and The Fast Show a classic sketch show from the 90's.