The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.02 - The Infestation Hypothesis (Sept. 22)

@Pomita: A CHUD is a Cannabilistic Humanoid Underground Dweller. It was the title of an old campy 80s horror film about monsters living in the sewers of NY.

They also get a mention in the Simpsons episode when Homer has to go to NY to pick up his car from the twin towers carpark.

Thanks. I almost wish the chair would show up in a later episode, but unfortunately BBT doesn't usually follow-up on such things!

:icon_arrowu:It could also be that the chair was to make sure for the viewers that they really wanted to go to the best (geek) formula where Master Sheldon is back (perfect chair, afraid of dirty things and of course always right).

FYI: what i would like very much

"Dinfast"

lolz.... still giggling at this one.

It's right up there with "One on One", "Not knowing is half the fun" and "I hate you" :D

"Dinfast" HA HA HA Gold !!!

My favorite moment of this episode was the scene with Sheldon and Penny in her apartment where they pretended they were a married couple, they do provide a lot of comedic value together :)

Yeah, thats pretty funny. I also like it when Penny opens the door and sticks the cushion in Sheldon's face and he squeals, like a girl.

Yeah, thats pretty funny. I also like it when Penny opens the door and sticks the cushion in Sheldon's face and he squeals, like a girl.

That, and when he then ran back to get the third "knock, knock, knock, Penny" in was (IMHO) the funniest moment of season 5.

Someone commented that they didn't like Penny's little door-opening comments--"What's up, Buttercup?" "What's the gist, physicist?", but I thought that was pretty dang funny. Penny's always mocking his door-knocking fetish and coming up with stuff like that kind of pulls the rug out from under him in a funny, just like the time she was knocking on the other side of the door, which only made him knock more, etc.

Loved the creepy chair.

I once got a loveseat from a friend because I had no couch at all (one-room apartment, daybed) and she was getting rid of it. Unfortunately is was stained and stinky (she had a big dog and a little kid...) and I couldn't really afford to have it cleaned or reupholstered, so I made do with covering it with a king-sized flat sheet and other things.

So I can understand Sheldon being all creeped out. ;)

• Like 1

I just rewatched this episode last night and OMG I forgot how much of a riot it is from start to finish. There is not one scene where I'm not laughing hysterically! The best ones have to be the opening "old married couple" scene with S/P, the whole scene at Amy's apartment when Sheldon tries to convince her to talk to Penny, and the sequence at Penny's door that ends with her bringing the cushion out. It is so freaking good! What an underrated gem of an episode.

• Like 1

As a neurobiologst, on a daily basis, Amy handles monkeys, rats, mice, and a whole host of other animals, yet she runs screaming from an animal trapped in a chair?   :icon_confused:

As a neurobiologst, on a daily basis, Amy handles monkeys, rats, mice, and a whole host of other animals, yet she runs screaming from an animal trapped in a chair? :icon_confused:

The one in the chair was "wild" and had who knows what kind of diseases. Which is why she says to Penny as they run down the stairs, "Can I tell my doctor? I'm probably going to need shots."

The ones in her lab are disease free and wouldn't matter (health wise) if she gets bit by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We rewatched this epidode recently , its one of the funniest of season 5 ! Loved the old married couple scene with Sheldon and Penny and loved the Penny/Amy scenes too. The best part was when Sheldon is knocking and Penny replies like "what's up buttercup" or "what's the gist physicist " to Sheldon's classic knock and then Sheldon screams like a girl when Penny brings out the cushion. Lol . It is funny why Penny never replied "whats up doc" to Sheldon ?

On 9/24/2013 at 9:34 AM, koops said:

I just rewatched this episode last night and OMG I forgot how much of a riot it is from start to finish. There is not one scene where I'm not laughing hysterically! The best ones have to be the opening "old married couple" scene with S/P, the whole scene at Amy's apartment when Sheldon tries to convince her to talk to Penny, and the sequence at Penny's door that ends with her bringing the cushion out. It is so freaking good! What an underrated gem of an episode.

Its definitely underrated. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 1