The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4ofN

So who is TBBT about? Leonard or Sheldon

It's about a group of people, with some having the spotlight a little more than others from time to time. In the beginning, it was really more about Leonard. The focus was on him moving in with Sheldon, on his budding interest in Penny, and his interactions with everyone in his life. Sheldon was the next person who got a boost in focus time. Then it was Penny. And now, well, the attention is being spread around a bit more, with Rajesh and Howard getting the prime focus in some episodes. Leonard and Sheldon still seem to get the most camera time, but then they're the best actors of the bunch and the biggest draw.

I think it revolves around both of them. It not completely from Leonard or Sheldon's point of view. Its a buddy sitcom about 2 characters

The two choices given are either Leonard or Sheldon. The answer in that case is, of course Leonard. However, even if those were not the choices given, the answer would be, as it has always been, Leonard. It is put forth in the pilot, when he says hello to Penny, and says that their babies will be smart and beautiful. From the begining it is his quest to attain the seemingly impossible. They tell us the endgame right from the start. Later we discover that the reason the guys hang out of L/S apartment is because they like Leonard, so,without him everything else crumbles.

This is a strange question. We all have our favorites and the show is not about any one character. It's about whomever each person relates too most. For me that's Penny.

From S01E01 the show has been about Leonard and Penny and their relationship. Sheldon is an amazing character with tons of great aspects. All the others are just window dressing, although Howard does shine and has been great comedy.

Well if were basing it on the pilot I would say it is based on Leonard and Penny's relationship, most of the big moment's in the show in the first two season's were about their relationship. Leonard is the social nucleus of the show, all of Penny's relationship's with Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Bernadette, and Amy are because of Leonard. Sheldon however is the heart of the show in some way's, but he need's Leonard and all of the other character's to play off. So I agree with Spaced Up it's about who you relate to the most, to me probably Leonard, but all the character's and relationship's make the show what it is.

Well if were basing it on the pilot I would say it is based on Leonard and Penny's relationship, most of the big moment's in the show in the first two season's were about their relationship. Leonard is the social nucleus of the show, all of Penny's relationship's with Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Bernadette, and Amy are because of Leonard. Sheldon however is the heart of the show in some way's, but he need's Leonard and all of the other character's to play off. So I agree with Spaced Up it's about who you relate to the most, to me probably Leonard, but all the character's and relationship's make the show what it is.

the show used to be about L&P and Sheldon about equal. Now it's mostly about Sheldon and Shamy with Lenny almost a sideshow and L's part in the Lenny is seriously depleted. I'm assuming tht the writers having more or less settled the LP relationship are finding it difficult to build any story lines around them. Short of breaking them up of course, which IMHO would be a huge downer.

the show used to be about L&P and Sheldon about equal. Now it's mostly about Sheldon and Shamy with Lenny almost a sideshow and L's part in the Lenny is seriously depleted. I'm assuming tht the writers having more or less settled the LP relationship are finding it difficult to build any story lines around them. Short of breaking them up of course, which IMHO would be a huge downer.

I don't agree with that at all, in the next episode it is a very dominated Lenny episode, we don't know what the writer's are up too. I am not sure where you get this idea Lenny is a sideshow, completley disagree, they diddn't have a massive role in this episode. This is not Season 3, it is true Lenny is more settled and domesticated, but I cannot imagine a better scenario for their relationship at this point, it's more reassured at this point. They are on the verge of an engagement, so most of the storyline's well be revolving around that. Shamy have a lot of progress to be done, so it make's logical sense, they well put Lenny in the foreground for now, and focus more on Shamy, doesen't make Lenny a side show just where the show is at right now.