Favourite Character

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do love all of them but Sheldon from day one was my favorite. The addition of Amy made me really fall hard for the show. It was refreshing seeing a female far from perfect socially awkward charact

Amy. She's smart, intelligent, is wickedly sarcastic (witness the X-Box v PS discussion over dinner), and as cute as a button. What's not to love about her?

Well said, couldn't agree more. Only thing I would add to her description is that she is still very insecure and fragile, which she tries to hide.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering who everyone's favourite character is and why?

Although Lenoard is my favourite because he is so sweet, and cute yet nerdy, and has one hell of an interesting woman for a mother (and I mean that sarcastically), the more and more I watch the show Sheldon is becoming my favourite. He really does make the show. I think the thing I love about him the most is that he is so highly intelligent,yet when it comes to common sense, he can be very stupid too. Like when Penny and Raj walked out of the bedroom together and he asked what was going on. Gotta love "Shelly"!

Wolowitz came a bit boring in season 4, havent seen any 5 (I live in the UK)

Amy and Sheldon are my favourite. The combination is great or separately. ;)

• Like 1

Raj is my favorite character and I think neither Raj, the actual character or Kunal Nayyar, get the recognition they deserve. As an actor, Nayyar really has to rely on his nonverbal skills to play Raj in the scenes where Penny or other women are around. And Raj's comfort level really shows when he is with his friends and is being is true self - it's almost as if Nayyar is playing two different characters - and how clever was the episode where Penny fixed him up with a deaf girl!

My favourite character is definitely Sheldon Cooper, mostly because I understand him and can relate to him on several levels (although I am nowhere near as "Intelligent" as he is.)

Sheldon’s lack of understanding of social interaction and general innocence I find very endearing, and as annoying as he seems to be to those around him I do not think it would be possible to stay mad at him for long. There is after all no malice in him, just a failure to understand the need for social niceties or consideration for the frail egos of those people we all interact with on a daily basis.

He is after all ruled by the laws of physics, mathematics and logic. He is an idealist, a fragile and precious thing in this day and age, sadly the only place such a character can survive intact is within the confines of a show such as the brilliant Big Bang Theory… ;)

Sheldon's my favorite. I love that he thinks so highly of himself and how smart he is and yet he's so naive and dense in a lot of other areas of life. Some of the things coming out of Raj's mouth are just so random and funny that he's a close second.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I first started to watch it was Howard, and I still like him a lot, he's my 2nd favourite, but Sheldon is my favourite character now, you just never know what hs is going to say, and yep it's that blend of ego and innocence (that Jim plays so well). I did like Leonard until the Can Opener incident, just can't seem to forgive him for that.

It has to be Sheldon, all the way. There has never been a character like him - how he sees and understands things us mere mortals have no hope of grasping, but struggles with everyday interactions we take for granted.

The Sheldon Paradox is what keeps me tuning in. However, the ensemble cast and smart, funny writing cannot be overlooked - a truly brilliant team effort and a truly brilliant show! Oh, and hey, let's not forget the theme tune. Has there ever been such a scientifically accurate credit to a comedy, I think not! Even Australopithecus wouldn't have got sick of this show.