The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4ofN

**** TAPING REPORT SPOILER **** Raj/Penny – good news or bad?

**** WARNING **** WARNING **** WARNING **** WARNING ****

****************** SPOILER ALERT ******************

OK you've been warned. I thought I'd start an early thread about the Penny / Raj sex thing since the people who are anxious have probably read the taping reports that have been out for a while.

So...

Then after a moment, he [Raj] says that as a friend, she might want to know that they didn’t have sex in the traditional way. Penny narrows her eyes, and asks if he tried some weird Indian thing with her. He says no, but after they took off their clothes, and got in bed, she asked if he had protection - Penny cuts in, “You did, didn’t you?†And Raj says of course, he’s always packing. And he says that he had trouble getting it on, and she tried to help… he trails off, and then says, “And that’s all she wrote.â€

There you have it. Raj and Penny DID have sex.

Now I know that some people are going to say that this wasn't actual sex, but I suppose that those people think that Bill Clinton didn't have sex with Monica Lewinsky. I ask you, if you had a significant other and they got together with someone, had dinner, drinks, undoubtedly kissed, and got naked and even got to the point where the woman was helping put on the man’s condom, would you say "no problem, nothing to worry about here"? Really?

No, they DID have sex.

People have probably seen my opinion about this in other threads. My opinion:

Raj has no honor and is not Leonard’s friend. After Penny confessed what she confessed, a friend would have called to relay this information. Especially since he didn't like Leonard going out with Priya and probably knew Priya was heading home. Instead Raj thought "Hey, I could hit that"

Penny has no respect for Leonard. Screwing Leonard's best friend in Leonard's bed. Well?

Leonard will be made into a loser by staying friends with Raj and eventually getting together with Penny.

I can't imagine how Bill Prady could think that "Whichever side the fans were on what happened, they'll be happy with how it resolves." I'm not sure how many sides he thinks there are. One? What a moron.

Anyway, for those who are tired of my “whiningâ€, don’t worry, I’ll hang around for a bit, but then I’ll be off. I’ll probably still watch the season opener just to see the final nail in the coffin.

I’m also going to keep an eye on the ratings just to see how this plays out with the fan base. I know, I know, who cares about ratings? Well I think they are important. In fact I think that this whole debacle was done because they didn’t know how to stop the falling ratings and they thought they would go the skank route to get more fans. A total mis-read of the fan base as far as I can see. I mean, the only time they all go out as a group to meet the fans is comic-con. I would think that the comic-con crowd would much prefer Dr. Who to the Dr. Phil route they seem to be on.

Well i guess since you started this thread...I'll respond. I read this last week.

They didnt have sex. I don't know how you define Sex but that isnt SEX.

Now i'm one of those people that considers Oral Sex as SEX. But nothing in that implies they even did the Bill Clinton thing. So how you compare this to Bill Clinton and what he did is beyond me. He actually had SEX with Monica Lewinsky. Oral Sex is SEX imo. It's not the same thing that Raj and Penny did.

I don't know or understand how it makes Leonard a loser. Now he is still left under the impression that Raj and Penny did have sex. Yeah. And well it's up in the air when he is going to find out Raj didnt sleep with Penny.

Penny did not screw anybody in Leonard's bed. This goes back to the intent discussion in the one thread. Intent and doing it are two different things. The point is Raj and Penny didnt engage in coitus. LOL.

I agree with you about Raj.

Now yeah...I don't like the fact that it got as far as it did. But this was a whole lot better then her actually having sex with Raj. I don't think anybody is going to say "No Issue". The main point is they did not have sex. Not even the Bill Clinton kind.

So imo this does not taint Penny and Leonard AT ALL. According to any and all definitions....Penny and Raj DID NOT have sex. Now i'm not saying that Leonard should be jumping up and down when (if) he finds out Raj and Penny didnt engage in coitus...He would still have a right imo to be a little ticked. But to act like this is as bad as Raj and Penny actually engaging in intercourse. I think you may be alone with that theory buddy. jmo.

Basically if you think Penny is a skank because of this...you must have always thought she was a skank. Let's not even go into the double standards. Leonard can sleep with someone like two episodes after he breaks up with Penny? All be it...she wasnt a friend of Penny's. But if you are going to call Penny a skank then you need to call Leonard a man whore.

Whether they did or they didn't, I'm still watching, And IDC about those unimportant numbers (read 'ratings'). I'll watch no matter what.

Even the fact that they did it is debatable, as Slicknickshady is pointing out.

Call me an annoying bastard but that's my two cents.

@4ofN: I think you should stick around more though. You're a pretty spirited debater. xD

I agree with Seph, 4ofN... you would be missed on this site. But hey, it's up to you to make your decision.

I know right from the start you've had your views about how season 4 ended and credit to you for sticking to your belief.

They did not have sex. It is not debatable.

According to the taping report they did not have sex. I have no idea how 4ofN got they had sex. They did not. It's there in writing. They didnt even do the Bill Clinton thing which i count as Sex. LOL.

Now nobody is saying 4ofN still can't hate what happened and how they explain it away. But don't make up stuff. They did not have sex. I don't like it got as far as it did but the question is did they have sex and the answer is no.

So, what, they didn't had sex now? Seriously disappointing that the writers are doing a 180 on this just because people were angry with it! I mean, ok, people didn't like your idea, but at least you should have the balls to stick to it 'til the end, you know?

Anyway, this whole thing from 4ofN is pretty unclear about wether or not they had sex or not, really... And like Master-Sephiroth said, I'll continue watching either way! The show is mostly about weekly comedy; the character development, while important, can be put on the back at times! Plus, the spoiler Wilde brought up in another topic make it worth continue to watch! :D :D :D But I'll still be slightly angry if the writers just do some stupid 180 on this one... Then again, others seem like they WANT the writers to do that! 'guess you can't really please everyone! :p

He did not post the full taping report.

Basically Raj talked Penny into not telling any of the gang they didnt have sex because they would all make fun of him in his opinion for basically. I won't post the whole report but 4ofN left some important stuff out.

------

SCENE 6

Amy answers a knock at the door, and it’s Raj (taking a swig out of a flask), who wants to talk to Penny. Penny asks him how he knew he was there, and he says it was all over Amy’s facebook page (Amy turns and smiles). Amy says she’ll go put Penny’s things away and clear a drawer, and tells Penny to “keep it in your pants.â€

Then after a moment, he says that as a friend, she might want to know that they didn’t have sex in the traditional way. Penny narrows her eyes (though Kaley cracked up here on one take), and asks if he tried some weird Indian thing with her. He says no, but after they took of their clothes, and got in bed, she asked if he had protection - Penny cuts in, “You did, didn’t you?†And Raj says of course, he’s always packing. And he says that he had trouble getting it on, and she tried to help… he trails off, and then says, “And that’s all she wrote.â€

Penny starts to ask, “So we didn’t-?†and Raj says, “No, but I did. It was beautiful.†Penny looks relieved, and Raj asks her to please not tell anyone, and she says okay.

SCENE 8

The four guys at Leonard and Sheldon’s, a trophy’s on the coffee table. Leonard toasts to Captain Sheldon, but Sheldon corrects that it’s Major Sheldon now - in his last breaths on the battlefield, he awarded himself a promotion.

Penny knocks and comes in, and asks if they have a minute. They guys turn to Leonard, who’s surprised, but says okay. She says that she’s already talked to Raj, but she just wanted to apologize to them for everything. Raj stands up and puts an arm around Penny, and starts to talk about what they decided as a couple… Penny asks him what he’s doing, and reminds him that “I own you,†and Raj sits back down. On the second take, she made some comment regarding his speed as a reminder before he sits down.

Penny also tells them that she’s been thinking about her acting career, and has decided she has to face the facts, she’s just not a good actress. So she’s moving back to Nebraska. Leonard asks, “You’re leaving?†Howard asks what she’s going to do back there. She says she doesn’t know, maybe teach acting. Then her phone rings, and as she answers it Leonard stands and says to her something like, “I hope this has nothing to do with us, because I have a girlfriend, and you’re single…†and Penny tells him to shush, it’s her agent.

She’s excited, and says thank you, and then tells the guys that she got the hemorrhoids commercial. Someone asked about Nebraska, and Penny says forget Nebraska, she’s going to be a star! And she happily leaves. Leonard goes back to his seat, and Sheldon asks him if he’s ever considered teaching physics.

SCENE 9

The guys, Penny, Bernadette, and Amy are all in at Leonard and Sheldon’s, watching Penny’s commercial. In the commercial, Penny and her “mom†are brushing horses, and the woman asks Penny if she feels up for riding today, and Penny says not really. The mom asks, hemorrhoids? And Penny says you don’t know the half of it. And the woman says she does, and holds up some cream and names it, and says “the H stands for her.â€

Leonard tells Penny that he’s so proud of her, and she shushes him and says here comes her joke. Back in the commercial, Penny and the mom are riding their horses now. The mom asks how Penny’s doing, and she replies “Sitting pretty!â€

Behind-the-scenes wise, there was a really sweet hug between Johnny and Kaley at one point between scenes. She had her arms around his neck, and his hands were on her waist, and they were just talking a bit.

The Maccabeats (Mayim's favorite music group) was in the audience, so she kept waving up to them, and pointing them out to the other cast members. At various points, they yelled out, "We love you Johnny!" "We love you Kaley!" and "We love you Melissa!"

-------

So don't let 4ofN confuse you. Raj and Penny did not have sex. Now it's debatable how bad what she did do is...but they did not have sex in any form.

The girl who went to the taping and posted that report told me that specifically. They did not have sex. So it is made obvious. Now i don't like how they are not telling Leonard that they didnt have intercourse but hey. Leonard isnt her boyfriend. And by Leonard saying I have a girlfriend and you are single... Shows that it's not going to ruin what they have.

Now my guess is eventually it will be made clear to Leonard and the rest of the gang that Raj and Penny didnt have sex. It's just a question of when imo.

Didn't read the whole thing, that would be too spoilery even for me, but anyway, if that's true then, like I said, kinda disappointing how they are doing a whole 180 on the whole idea... but again, like I said, can't please everyone, and I'm sure starting episode 2 it will be awesome again anyway! ^_^

Yeah i didnt post the whole report. LOL. IMO, As a Leonard and Penny fan. I'm absolutely relieved that they (Penny and Raj) didnt have sex. She has not had sex with anyone in the gang except for Leonard. And that's still the case. She isnt getting past around the gang.

Now the question is when will Leonard find out that they didnt? That will be interesting. Only 3 episodes have been taped this season. Episode 4 tapes on the 13th.

We are so close now to the season premiere.

My season 4 box set despatched yesterday... should have it for monday night. Can't wait to see the gag reel.

We are so close now to the season premiere.

My season 4 box set despatched yesterday... should have it for monday night. Can't wait to see the gag reel.

Oh, yeah, GAG REEL!!!

''Really? Still can't talk to me?''

''Nope, I can't'' :p

(Would be hilarious if there were really something like that! Anyway, can't wait for it! :) )

Basically all Penny did was touch Raj's thing, that to me doesn't qualify as sex.

Amen. Would i rather that not have happened? Hell yes. But that isnt Sex of any kind. LOL. In what universe does touching a penis equal sex?

Also nowhere does it say they even kissed that night as well. That is some assumption. But thats not a fact as of now that they even kissed.

lol - not sex. You guys are hilarious.

Either that or you're not married.

Trust me. If I told my wife that while she was out I had a woman over, we had something to drink, made out, got naked, got into our bed, felt each other up, she helped me put on a condom, but "don't worry honey, I couldn't keep it up long enough to stick it in so I didn't have sex with her", well, I think my wife would have a very different opinion about that.

The intent was there and sexual contact was made. How does the fact that Raj couldn't keep it up lessen the implications about their character?

As for "nowhere does it say they even kissed that night". Really? Do many people get to the point of being naked in bed with someone and get right to the point of penetration without kissing? Really? I didn't realize that people just say "hey lets have sex" and just strip and put it in - no foreplay. Hmmm fascinating.

Now, if Raj and Penny having sex makes you uneasy, I can certainly understand doing whatever you need to do in order to be comfortable watching the show. I just can't get there myself.

That doesnt matter. You can have your view that it's just as bad. But that's your opinion and not a canon fact. According to the definition of coitus or sex or whatever...what they did wasnt Sex.

I don't like how far it got. But intent doesnt matter. They didnt go through with it. Now i hate it got as far as it did but don't make up facts to suit your argument. Say you don't like how they handled it. Say you think it is still bad what they did. But don't claim it as something it's not. It wasnt Sex.

So, picture 4ofN sitting at this computer. His brow is furrowed. He scratches his head. A look of bewilderment on his face.

Why?

Well, apparently there are people who would argue that 2 people can go into a bedroom, take off all of their clothes, get into a bed, fondle each others genitals, and that this would not be considered sexual activity.

Astonishing!

I am truly curious. Slicknickshady previously suggested that oral sex was sex. Is there a point at which genital fondling also becomes sex? Would it become sex if orgasm occurred?

If only at orgasm, at what point does it change from casual, guilt free, implication free, chumming around to implication ridden sex - just imminently prior to orgasm? If so, then is it just orgasm that determines that it was sex? Would penetration without orgasm be sex - especially if you used a condom so there was no actual skin to skin touching?

Of course, if oral sex or genital fondling to orgasm is not sex, then it's quite possible that we are speaking different, although remarkably similar, languages and that might be the cause of the confusion.

I would agree that what Raj and Penny did was not intercourse. I would not agree that what they did was not sex.

Having just looked up the Oxford Dictionary definition of "sex" and "sexual intercourse", both definitions list penetration as a "requirement" of the definition.

Clearly it was the INTENTION of Raj and Penny to have sex, but given Raj's early out, the actual ACT did not take place.

Is oral sex considered sex? Well, if the end result for both parties is the same (ie climax) well, then, I will say YES.

With regards to the role alcohol played in this... well I'll leave that up to you guys to discuss further. I personally find alcohol to be a great "ice-breaker" but that's just me (hic !!)

Websters says sex is "an act performed with another for sexual gratification".

lol. I know a lot of women who wouldn't even call intercourse sex by that definition.

The actual act did not occur.

Also i guess the only thing that matters is what the creators of the show qualify as sex. They obviously say they didnt have sex. So it's canon that they didnt have sex. We can drop the is oral sex, sex, debate since well that didnt happen.

Now i find it disgusting that Penny may have actually touched Raj's penis but we don't even know that for sure. Penny could have been about to help but before she got to it Raj was done. lol. But point is...touching a penis isnt sex.

Basically everybody who follows the spoilers and read this report at fan forum and imdb and other places..nobody has came to your conclusion 4ofN.

Yeah, calm down, 4ofN! I mean, even myself, who wants them to actually have had intercourses for the sake of continuity and consistency, am well aware that THIS... it's nothing, really!