The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4ofN

**** TAPING REPORT SPOILER **** Raj/Penny – good news or bad?

If telling yourself that helps you continue enjoying the show go for it but I can't tell myself that two people get naked, get into bed and get as far as trying to put on a condom didn't have sexual contact. Lots of sexual things happen before you get to the point of putting on a condom for penetration. Besides the fact they both wanted to have sex is bad enough.

Nope. Not true.

If telling yourself that helps you continue enjoying the show go for it but I can't tell myself that two people get naked, get into bed and get as far as trying to put on a condom didn't have sexual contact. Lots of sexual things happen before you get to the point of putting on a condom for penetration. Besides the fact they both wanted to have sex is bad enough.

Nope. Not true.

Yes it is

Nope. Not true.

Lol like I said whatever you need to tell yourself to help you keep watching.

Didn't you watched the 2 Sneak Peeks they released?

That wasnt the end of the scene...he clarifies it even further. I'm done talking about this till the episode airs. Then we can really discuss it.

I'm not sure if you were both responding to my post or not, but the last 2 posts before these replies very specifically said that it wasn't "sex" (intercourse) that they had or that is even the real problem. It is the "foreplay, sexual touching, making out, or sexual activity". There is no way anyone could say that what they did falls outside of that.

As ThreeLions says "whatever you need to tell yourself to help you keep watching."

Nope. Not true.

Lol like I said whatever you need to tell yourself to help you keep watching.

I don't tell myself anything to keep watching. I go by Canon. Canon is they didnt have sex. Check mate.

I don't tell myself anything to keep watching. I go by Canon. Canon is they didnt have sex. Check mate.

Where did I say they had sex?

The had sexual contact. Unless you believe they got drunk, walked into the bedroom and without kissing or touching each other in anyway, stripped off, got into opposite sides of the bed. Then again with no foreplay or touching in any way shape or form Raj tries to put on a condom, can't so Penny helps him while somehow not touching him in any way shape or form, maybe magic powers? Then Raj without being touched finishes before he starts. That's what you think happened?

You're either very naive or haven't had sex.

Again no one is saying penetration happened but they fooled around sexually. Besides as I and 4ofn said the fact they wanted to have sex is bad enough.

They got into bed. Took clothes off. They discussed condemns. Raj always packs. He couldn't open the condom wrapper. So while Penny took the condom wrapper and opened it...Raj busted a nut early and fell asleep.

They got into bed. Took clothes off. They discussed condemns. Raj always packs. He couldn't open the condom wrapper. So while Penny took the condom wrapper and opened it...Raj busted a nut early and fell asleep.

He says he had trouble getting the condom on, not getting it out(pun fun). She helps him put it on and no one just finishes without some kind of help whether from themselves or a partner.

Honestly I wish you were right as it would be slightly better(not much) but that's not what is said in the taping description.

They did not have sex. It is not debatable.

According to the taping report they did not have sex. I have no idea how 4ofN got they had sex. They did not. It's there in writing. They didnt even do the Bill Clinton thing which i count as Sex. LOL.

Now nobody is saying 4ofN still can't hate what happened and how they explain it away. But don't make up stuff. They did not have sex. I don't like it got as far as it did but the question is did they have sex and the answer is no.

Really? If your wife got naked in bed with your friend, then took hold of his penis to put a condom on and he prematurely went off in her hand. You would be fine with that. Its not sex? Very liberal of you.

Well i guess since you started this thread...I'll respond. I read this last week.

They didnt have sex. I don't know how you define Sex but that isnt SEX.

Now i'm one of those people that considers Oral Sex as SEX. But nothing in that implies they even did the Bill Clinton thing. So how you compare this to Bill Clinton and what he did is beyond me. He actually had SEX with Monica Lewinsky. Oral Sex is SEX imo. It's not the same thing that Raj and Penny did.

Let me suppose something to you. When last you had sex and used a condom at what point did you put it on? Was there not a lot of kissing and touching and fondling and licking and fingering and sucking before you got around to the condom? If your wife did all of that with some man and then it ended as it did with Raj and Penny would you be OK with it? I mean it wasn't really sex since they didn't have intercourse. Right? They didn't spell out the details with Raj and Penny's exploit because it's TV. One must assume that they didn't say, "what the hell lets have sex," strip and jump into the bed and try to put on a condom. That's not really how it goes, is it? As with normal people it involves a certain amount of foreplay. If I were Leonard, the picture of them feeling each other up in my bed would be only slightly less repulsive than picturing them in coitus. Certainly the intent was there.

They wrote Penny getting drunk and having sex with one of Leonard's closest friends in his bed. In any real universe Raj would have gotten punched in the face and Penny would have been told that she is a tramp. That isn't really very good comedy and I am glad they didn't go there. Instead they made Leonard into, as his mother said, "a sissy boy." That isn't very good comedy either. They, and by they I mean Chuck Lorre, should never have put Penny and Raj in bed together. It was a despicable thing to do, and except for a stupid dream sequence that erases it, it is very hard to fix. I don't like their so called solution but expect it is the best we could hope for. If we are all lucky, it will never be mentioned again. It was certainly in the running for the lowest point in a sitcom award. Congrats Chuck, you won a Scummy.

Really? If your wife got naked in bed with your friend, then took hold of his penis to put a condom on and he prematurely went off in her hand. You would be fine with that. Its not sex? Very liberal of you.

Please stop comparing it to a husband and wife's relationship

Yes I want Penny and Leonard together BUT

They are not married. They are not even in a relationship when this happens and Leonard is quiet happy dating Pryia at that moment

They are not married. They are not even in a relationship when this happens and Leonard is quiet happy dating Pryia at that moment

This. I've been saying it all along, hence my bewilderment with the intense moral outrage. The two people concerned - no matter whose ex or whose friend or who had secret feelings for whom - were SINGLE when the event happened. To me, that's the last word (as far as my understanding of American cultural norms goes; where I belong, pre-marital sex of any form would be considered by many if not most to be a sin).

Yes, people cheat even when in relationships and even that is not the end of the world. But I wouldn't endorse that. In this case, there was no cheating involved.

Commenting on this again just to support @Aviodingtherealworld's statement above. Else, this issue has become a serious case of 'this conversation has started to circle. Meeting adjourned'!

The comparison is just to show there was sexual contact. But considering in earlier episodes Leonard made it clear he didn't want Howard or Raj even trying it on with Penny then I doubt he would be happy. It's made pretty clear that Penny is special to him, no one knows this more than his friends. So whether they are together or not Leonard would not be happy about it and would not forgive Raj.

This is the problem they've created for themselves. Even if Leonard finds out they didn't "technically" have sex no one would be happy with the situation. Personally they need another solution, in another thread someone mentioned that maybe Raj lied which would work. The other more extreme measure would be to write Penny out. Her purpose was to be the girl who finally fixes her problems with guys by going out with a guy she would normally never look twice at. That's gone now even if her and Leonard get back together it's no longer special as she at least tried to shag another of the group.

So get rid of Penny or even Leonard and start over as things stand if their end game is to get them together they've ruined it.

They've screwed up the screw up so to speak. They had a chance to fix it and still got things wrong. So we now have.

Leonard going from an intelligent but unlucky in love geek who is brave enough to go for the girl he shouldn't have a chance with. Now turned into a spineless "sissy" coward who let's everyone walk all over him.

Raj going from probably the most decent even naive of the group to scumbag who goes after his friends girlfriends.

Penny going from a decent girl who falls for the wrong type of guy to all out drunken slut who sleeps with anyone for the price of a few glasses of wine.

Sheldon turning more and more into a parody of himself.

I think Howard is probably the only character that has remained consistant. Though that's probably because he already suited the comedy they have moved into.

Does anyone else think that they are just trying to turn it into another 2 1/2 men?

I'm not sure they're doing it on purpose, though the season four finale was put there for no other reason than shock value. I think it's just Prady and Lorre only know this humour and with some of the original writers gone and a lack of ideas they've fallen back on what they know best.

My Anarchist idea might have worked (see the How would you TBBT to end thread), but really, I think there should be no romance, WHATSOEVER! Not even Penny and Leonard! I definitley think the show is falling down a bottomless pit right now, and, I hate to be apocalyptic about the show, but if it keeps heading in this direction, it has Snowball's chance in a catscanner (:icon_cheesygrin: sorry!).

I'd like it to change and progress over time, but not in this direction. Family Guy has changed so much, and gotten so much better. It's not like TBBT. Not that I think The Big Bang is anywhere the same as Family Guy, just an example.

All I know is that certainly think it heading downwards now.