The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4ofN

**** TAPING REPORT SPOILER **** Raj/Penny – good news or bad?

Really? If your wife got naked in bed with your friend, then took hold of his penis to put a condom on and he prematurely went off in her hand. You would be fine with that. Its not sex? Very liberal of you.

Please stop comparing it to a husband and wife's relationship

Yes I want Penny and Leonard together BUT

They are not married. They are not even in a relationship when this happens and Leonard is quiet happy dating Pryia at that moment

Matter of degree. The show started out and is still, in my opinion, about Leonard and Penny's dance with destiny. That they are not currently a couple is irrelevant. Puttling Raj and Penny in bed was done to offend. It wasn't funny. They failed to back off it completely as they should have.

Matter of degree. The show started out and is still, in my opinion, about Leonard and Penny's dance with destiny. That they are not currently a couple is irrelevant. Puttling Raj and Penny in bed was done to offend. It wasn't funny. They failed to back off it completely as they should have.

It is totally relevant. You can't get mad a someone for messing around with someone else when you are only friends with that person (or both persons in this case).

It may be about their dance with destiny but sometimes at a dance you dance with the best at the beginning and then dance with not as great dancers (because you didn't know they were they best dancer) before you end the dance with the best once again.

And of course it was done to offend, they had to turn the apple cart over.... drama sells

It is totally relevant. You can't get mad a someone for messing around with someone else when you are only friends with that person (or both persons in this case).

It may be about their dance with destiny but sometimes at a dance you dance with the best at the beginning and then dance with not as great dancers (because you didn't know they were they best dancer) before you end the dance with the best once again.

And of course it was done to offend, they had to turn the apple cart over.... drama sells

Its not a drama. Its a sitcom. Penny didn't want to have sex with Raj. They did it with cheap TV Booze Drama and it was despicable. It sure as hell wasn't funny.

drama sells

Its not a drama. Its a sitcom. Penny didn't want to have sex with Raj. They did it with cheap TV Booze Drama and it was despicable. It sure as hell wasn't funny.

Didn't say it was funny. Didn't say it wasn't cheap. But as I did say drama sales (though I did misspell it).

And more what I was commenting on is Penny and Leonard are not married and were not dating when the event happened.

Wow, you miss the point, even assuming Leonard and Penny never have a relationship again, Raj and Penny (I'm assuming) were not meant to be characters you love to hate. Over the course of the season and apparently for the future, the powers that be seem to be determined to make Penny the biggest slut on T.V., and Raj the biggest A-hole, but until the season 4 final episode at least you could say they both had a line they wouldn't cross, and had some morals, and were loyal to their friends. People forget or intentionally leave out that the Leonard/Penny relationship breakup was not mutual, he loves her and would still be with her had she not broken up with him, so to say that it's okay for her to sleep with his friends because they are not together, or that he is dating someone else is to victimize him twice, (Through the series is has never been shown that Penny has any problem getting her some). They both acted like Leonard didn't exist, and it's not like they had strong feelings for each other that they could no longer resist, (through most of the series they had little interactions or conversations for that matter), they ultimately just didn't care, they were both horrible human beings. It wasn't just that one episode, the writers had been slowly making both characters less likable over the course of the season, and then dropped the A-bomb at the end in case the audience had any misconceptions about where they were going with these characters. I'm not going to get into what constitutes sex, it's been covered extensively already, accept to say many a relationship has been ended, yes that includes platonic friendships, over far less. They turned Penny into a thoughtless Slut, Raj into a complete Ass, and Leonard into a total Wimp. WTG. The writers attempted to fix the situation, at least they are listening to their audience, was idiotic (they resolved their differences over a round of paintball), and it solved nothing, if anything it made Leonard look like a fool, and I wouldn't even call him a man at this point. For any rational person these two people would be out of their life. Picture this, a season where Sheldon is gone, with the exception of Howard (though Raj attempted to kiss his girlfriend right in front of him, not to mention the love poems, and everthing is okay?), would this really be must-see t.v. with these 3 ding dongs in it, would you really be interested watching them interact now? (Unless Penny walks around her apartment buck naked). BTW the first four episodes of season 5 were terrible, very few laughs and the scene with Raj and Howard with the kissing machine was just completely gross, I couldn't even watch it. They better right the train or I'm gone. Save the shock value for dramas, I watch comedies to laugh. Great comedies (Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers) BTW never happened in these great classics.

Wow, you miss the point, even assuming Leonard and Penny never have a relationship again, Raj and Penny (I'm assuming) were not meant to be characters you love to hate. Over the course of the season and apparently for the future, the powers that be seem to be determined to make Penny the biggest slut on T.V., and Raj the biggest A-hole, but until the season 4 final episode at least you could say they both had a line they wouldn't cross, and had some morals, and were loyal to their friends. People forget or intentionally leave out that the Leonard/Penny relationship breakup was not mutual, he loves her and would still be with her had she not broken up with him, so to say that it's okay for her to sleep with his friends because they are not together, or that he is dating someone else is to victimize him twice, (Through the series is has never been shown that Penny has any problem getting her some). They both acted like Leonard didn't exist, and it's not like they had strong feelings for each other that they could no longer resist, (through most of the series they had little interactions or conversations for that matter), they ultimately just didn't care, they were both horrible human beings. It wasn't just that one episode, the writers had been slowly making both characters less likable over the course of the season, and then dropped the A-bomb at the end in case the audience had any misconceptions about where they were going with these characters. I'm not going to get into what constitutes sex, it's been covered extensively already, accept to say many a relationship has been ended, yes that includes platonic friendships, over far less. They turned Penny into a thoughtless Slut, Raj into a complete Ass, and Leonard into a total Wimp. WTG. The writers attempted to fix the situation, at least they are listening to their audience, was idiotic (they resolved their differences over a round of paintball), and it solved nothing, if anything it made Leonard look like a fool, and I wouldn't even call him a man at this point. For any rational person these two people would be out of their life. Picture this, a season where Sheldon is gone, with the exception of Howard (though Raj attempted to kiss his girlfriend right in front of him, not to mention the love poems, and everthing is okay?), would this really be must-see t.v. with these 3 ding dongs in it, would you really be interested watching them interact now? (Unless Penny walks around her apartment buck naked). BTW the first four episodes of season 5 were terrible, very few laughs and the scene with Raj and Howard with the kissing machine was just completely gross, I couldn't even watch it. They better right the train or I'm gone. Save the shock value for dramas, I watch comedies to laugh. Great comedies (Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers) BTW never happened in these great classics.

Agree. When you're right you're right.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

drama sells

Didn't say it was funny. Didn't say it wasn't cheap. But as I did say drama sales (though I did misspell it).

And more what I was commenting on is Penny and Leonard are not married and were not dating when the event happened.

I really don't get the whole "they were both single" angle. There's so much wrong with that.

First Penny dumped Leonard, she was the love of his life and it's been made clear he isnt over her.

No one knows these things better than a close friend which is what Raj is supposed to be. The idea of they're single so it's ok jus isn't real. When emotions are involved that goes out the window. I have two friends who haven't spoken for five years because of a similar situation, that situation got violent when it happened and that isn't unusual when these things happen. They castrated Leonard, vilified Raj and made Penny out to be a slut.

From a basic writing point it was just terrible. Penny had no attraction to Raj. Her main comments on him had been he was creepy when silent and an ass when drunk. Then suddenly she "would be all over him" it makes no sense. Then to have Penny keep the secret even though it would solve her problems and Leonard act like nothings wrong was stupid. I mean Howard was more upset about the poetry than Leonard was about Raj sleeping with the love of his life.

Let's also not forget Leonard wasn't happy about Penny getting a lift home with Bearnadettes ex and when they were on the train with Summer Glau Howard mentioned would it be ok if him and Raj tried it on with Penny and Leonard said no.

The whole thing was done for shock value nothing else and then they screwed up any chance of resolution. Shocking writing all over. When they look back over TBBT years this will be the moment they say the series jumped the shark.

Nicksap has it right.

drama sells

I really don't get the whole "they were both single" angle. There's so much wrong with that.

First Penny dumped Leonard, she was the love of his life and it's been made clear he isnt over her.

No one knows these things better than a close friend which is what Raj is supposed to be. The idea of they're single so it's ok jus isn't real. When emotions are involved that goes out the window. I have two friends who haven't spoken for five years because of a similar situation, that situation got violent when it happened and that isn't unusual when these things happen. They castrated Leonard, vilified Raj and made Penny out to be a slut.

From a basic writing point it was just terrible. Penny had no attraction to Raj. Her main comments on him had been he was creepy when silent and an ass when drunk. Then suddenly she "would be all over him" it makes no sense. Then to have Penny keep the secret even though it would solve her problems and Leonard act like nothings wrong was stupid. I mean Howard was more upset about the poetry than Leonard was about Raj sleeping with the love of his life.

Let's also not forget Leonard wasn't happy about Penny getting a lift home with Bearnadettes ex and when they were on the train with Summer Glau Howard mentioned would it be ok if him and Raj tried it on with Penny and Leonard said no.

The whole thing was done for shock value nothing else and then they screwed up any chance of resolution. Shocking writing all over. When they look back over TBBT years this will be the moment they say the series jumped the shark.

Nicksap has it right.

I agree with you but would add that the idea that if Leonard found out they didn't actually have intercourse, just everything that leads up to it would or should change anything, certainly is not the social convention. Maybe times have changed and morals have lessened since I was younger. Maybe if that is the writer's idea of how to resolve this problem, and when Leonard finds out he does a dance like he just won the lottery, it will be the time when I change the channel for good. Maybe these are the same writers who wrote for Dallas or Desperate Housewives, and any talk is good talk, who knows.

Oh I don't think in reality it would change anything. I was just commenting on how Penny was so relived when she found out they didnt go all the way, then she agrees to keep it secret. Doesn't make sense in anyway.

But yes sadly they are going the whole "it's ok we didn't have sex!" route. Despite as you say doing everything up until that point and then only stopping because Raj finished before he started. It doesn't solve the problem which is why I find it so strange they went that way. They've screwed themselves now as there's no way out.

Oh I don't think in reality it would change anything. I was just commenting on how Penny was so relived when she found out they didnt go all the way, then she agrees to keep it secret. Doesn't make sense in anyway.

But yes sadly they are going the whole "it's ok we didn't have sex!" route. Despite as you say doing everything up until that point and then only stopping because Raj finished before he started. It doesn't solve the problem which is why I find it so strange they went that way. They've screwed themselves now as there's no way out.

They could still fix it. If they somehow force Raj to admit to Penny that he fell asleep in the chair, went to bed, and found Penny already there sleeping. He crawled in next to her and when they woke and he realized she thought they had sex, he kept silent. Being a total delusional, he thought she would go out with him. When she wouldn't, he lied to her about what happened so she wouldn't tell anyone, then at least he could stay the cool guy who got the hot chick for once in his pathetic life. That would at least change the drunken slut part of the deal. I don't think there is anyway to redeem Raj's character. He is a pathetic, delusional, back stabbing, irritating pile of fungus.

They could still fix it. If they somehow force Raj to admit to Penny that he fell asleep in the chair, went to bed, and found Penny already there sleeping. He crawled in next to her and when they woke and he realized she thought they had sex, he kept silent. Being a total delusional, he thought she would go out with him. When she wouldn't, he lied to her about what happened so she wouldn't tell anyone, then at least he could stay the cool guy who got the hot chick for once in his pathetic life. That would at least change the drunken slut part of the deal. I don't think there is anyway to redeem Raj's character. He is a pathetic, delusional, back stabbing, irritating pile of fungus.

Even better if this explanation was found in Raj's suicide note. Then the shows back story would be fixed and they could get back to doing some science and Penny and Leonard might have a future.

Better yet, how about Raj in bed with Wheaton with a suicide note from both.

lol - this would be better, but only if we've had a scene where Penny pwns Wheaton for trying to best Sheldon again. I've always wanted to see that. Maybe that could be the thing that pushes Wheaton into Raj's arms.

[the scene opens on Raj and Wheaton in bed]

Wheaton: "I was only trying to be a jerk - sniff"

Raj: "Yeah. They just don't understand douchbags like us."

Wheaton: "We should commit suicide together. That will show them"

Raj: "Yeah. Lets do it. But first, lets explore the tunnel that goes from your front yard to my back yard."

[the camera pans away. Two big bangs are heard]

Even better if this explanation was found in Raj's suicide note. Then the shows back story would be fixed and they could get back to doing some science and Penny and Leonard might have a future.

Now there is a good idea.:icon_twisted: