5.03 The Pulled Groin Extrapolation (Sept. 29)

Tripper

I only cracked a smile at the ending scene, but overall this episode was pretty weak. They pushed Raj, Sheldon and Penny into the backdrop to accommodate Amy and her banal dialogue? I know they can't all cram a plotline for each character into a mere 30 minutes, but why, of all people, sacrifice Sheldon for, of all people, Amy?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because she's hilariously funny and people are loving her?

But I know most people on this board won't agree with me. :(

No, I think Amy is funny, or has been. She is mostly funny with Penny though. They have obviously decided to give her more scope than just a female clone of Sheldon. This could be good in the end. We have a damned good Sheldon. Didn't need another. Have to wait and see where they go with it.

The only reason I like Amy is because she wears her feminine hygiene products all the time, just in case.

For anyone who has ever had to go buy pads/tampons for there mates at 3 AM or had to wash the sheets after an unexpected visit from aunt flow this is HUGE.

Because she's hilariously funny and people are loving her?

But I know most people on this board won't agree with me. :(

No, I think Amy is funny, or has been. She is mostly funny with Penny though. They have obviously decided to give her more scope than just a female clone of Sheldon. This could be good in the end. We have a damned good Sheldon. Didn't need another. Have to wait and see where they go with it.

Yes, she's quite her own person now, thankfully. I think she's funny with Sheldon too, or at least very interesting.

The only reason I like Amy is because she wears her feminine hygiene products all the time, just in case.

For anyone who has ever had to go buy pads/tampons for there mates at 3 AM or had to wash the sheets after an unexpected visit from aunt flow this is HUGE.

LOL.

My GF accidently dropped a sanitary napkin into the toilet the other day. Wow.... they really swell up, don't they ?? I had to refill the water once we fished it out >< lolz

I think finally the writers have got Amy right.

Actually missed this episode and unlike previous seasons, I did not go to CBS.com to catch up

Think that shows my apathy of where the show is going., but I said I'd give it 5 episodes

I actually went back and watched seasons 1-4 of the Office.classic gold with some bad episodes in season 4.Reminded me exactly of how Big Bang Theory is going...what is with season 4 being the beginning of the end on awesome comedies?

Curious if Leonard was actually rostered on for work the day after the wedding??

The wedding was a Friday night, and Leonard makes the comment about work in the morning after Amy's cheering on the married couple during coitus.

Coitus.... lolz :D

Laughed once when Bernadette yelled "I just told him that"

This series is in its death throes, The Office right now is funnier then BBT.

Oh well, still have the warm family lessons of Modern Family, even if it doesn't make me laugh, I root for Phil Dunphy.

Curious if Leonard was actually rostered on for work the day after the wedding??

The wedding was a Friday night, and Leonard makes the comment about work in the morning after Amy's cheering on the married couple during coitus.

Coitus.... lolz :D

Funny, I was thinking the same thing...

I thought the ep was pretty good, but not as good as it could have been. There was not enough Sheldon and what we had was too childish. Don't get me wrong, I think model trains are great - I know nothing about them, but they're fascinating. I know a guy who can make scenery for his trains out of all sorts of discarded junk and they look great!

Anyway, I digress. Sheldon acted very much like a petulant little boy, although I did like the comment about Leonard being better than james bond and the karate chop on Leonard at the end. Could he be a little jealous???:icon_cheesygrin:

And while there was bugger all in the way of Sheldon, poor Raj got stuck out in the cold, dialogue-wise. I don't think it's right to practically cut out a core cast member to give so much screen time to two "minor" characters (Amy and Bernie). The whole ep seemed to revolve around those two. Reminds me of the time I watched an episode of MacGyver when Richard Dean Anderson didn't make an appearance.:icon_cry:

Everything felt quite disconnected, like a series of separate skits that were tagged end to end.

Amy doing the Bird Dance with Leonard was cute.

@BazingaGirl: Yeah, they do seem to be giving everyone a lot of individual scene time during the opening episodes of this season. Was nice to see Raj in his element minus a beer bottle in his hand, though.

@Black: the Bird Dance at a wedding is usually more bearable the drunker you get :D

ugh. Never, 50+ women wiggling their arses in your face **shudders**. The drunker everyone get the more horrible it is.

No LOL moments for me in this one. Bernadette becoming Howard's mom was amusing though. I got the impression from looking at her that she was trying to keep her laughter in in places.

Apart from that, only old or obvious gags to be seen.

Is it weird if I think Sheldon looks really hot with a mustache?

Um, a little maybe? :p I mean, I'm completely in love with Jim as well as Sheldon, but with a mustache he looked funny to me. Adorable, still, but funny. :)

Sorry, but Jim does not suit a moustache.

He certainly doesn't, as a man. But in this case, I guess the motive was to have Sheldon look funny with a mustache, which worked quite well. :)

I think it was so we could experience that a month had passed.

Excuse me, Jim Parsons creepy????!!!! If he were a random stranger who passed me on the street, with that smile of his, I can assure you I would be staring after him and grinning goofily to myself. And if he were a bank teller, that bank would have at least one loyal customer for life..

But I still don't think that he's sexy with a mustache. :)