The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.04 The Wiggly Finger Catalyst (Oct. 6)

@waylerob if raj would lie he would've made up something else then what had happended and he didn't get the girl but that part was lame either have them hook up or have them passed out drunk not in the middle, plus alchol makes she act out of character, penny has tried to get raj to talk to her so she must not think he's that creppy and who doesn't act like a jerk when drunk

4ofN, let me try again blonde haired beautiful women waitress/actresses don't date guys that look or act like Leonard unless in the fantasy world, unless your wife is exactly like penny and you're exactly like Leonard I don't believe this, I'm sure from time to time women that look like penny would date a Leonard I've never seen it, I'm sure happens just not that often, as for raj there are lots of people that are shy and reserverd and then get drunk and then act like complete jerks that's what alchol does to you, so of you must not ever been around a drunk person before. I guess I need to pay more close attention when Amy talks to penny or about her I knew she tried something at the slumber party but that was because wiki said to, is Amy leisban or bi? I thought Amy and Sheldon were kind of together in a weird way

Isnt that the entire point of the Leonard and Penny relationship? He is the exception. The one guy she will change her ways for. With her and Raj that's gone and so is the basic premise of the show.

@Pomita - I apologise I know it must be frustrating but they have continued the whole Raj Penny thing with every episode. Both of them suddenly becoming close friends, Penny saying she'd date Raj for his money, Raj accusing Penny of having a crush on him etc. For those who feel screwed over by the finale it's like having it thrown in your face week after week. So it's going to come up in threads about episodes where they keep Raj and Penny behaving in this way.

As 4ofN said be patient those of us who are unhappy are going to drift away through this season so the anger will disappear as the season goes on.

Threelions, l/p are the exception in the fantasy world and real world(even rare) and the only reason they were together is because the writers put them together not any other reason, if they put together her with one of the other guys you would've felt the same way, the show isn't about does Leonard get penny if that's the case then it is/was like any other show and we know it's not.

I don't mean to harp on this one particular point, but Leonard and Penny's relationship is obviously a focal point of the show. Johnny Galecki, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar have said in interviews they have a problem with the way the Leonard/Penny/Raj situation unfolded.

They said they were actually mad that it was written that way. This was before the half-assed resolution, but they felt it was wrong for Raj to make a move on Penny, since she was Leonard's ex. Also it was a mistake because Penny still loves Leonard....

Obviously they peppered the interview with humor but for them to say, almost word-for-word, what the fans have been complaining about, speaks volumes on the direction the show has taken. And there is a couple other interviews where they say basically the same thing.

Penny never loved Leonard she never said it back she's only sorry that she let him go and she's jealous because she's the ex and he got another hot chick which she fguref he wouldn't get again, yes the penny/Leonard is a focal point not what the show is about,

Now that they're no longer together now they have time to write and focus on more important things.

cbolt, penny never said it, but her actions shows that she does

but yeah, this episode links back to the raj/penny situation

i was scared as hell when raj and penny were alone again drinking...im like don't tell me they are planning to finish what they started

Sorry cbolt this going to sound bad and I really don't mean it as an insult. But to say TBBT isn't about Leonard and Penny is to say Friends wasn't about Ross and Racheal. The whole show started with them meeting and will finish with them running off together or getting married, having kids etc. If you think Penny doesn't love Leonard you aren't getting the show. If Penny doesn't love Lonard sleeping with Raj would be no big deal to her yet it was. Pryia would be no big deal to her she has admitted she made a mistake letting Leonard go.

Are there other things going on with the show? Yes. A show can't rely on just one thing but Leonard and Penny are the core. This is from someone who isn't a L&P shipper. It doesn't matter how many people Penny sleeps with as long as it isn't one of the main guys. As soon as you do that shows over.

Sorry cbolt this going to sound bad and I really don't mean it as an insult. But to say TBBT isn't about Leonard and Penny is to say Friends wasn't about Ross and Racheal. The whole show started with them meeting and will finish with them running off together or getting married, having kids etc. If you think Penny doesn't love Leonard you aren't getting the show. If Penny doesn't love Lonard sleeping with Raj would be no big deal to her yet it was. Pryia would be no big deal to her she has admitted she made a mistake letting Leonard go.

Are there other things going on with the show? Yes. A show can't rely on just one thing but Leonard and Penny are the core. This is from someone who isn't a L&P shipper. It doesn't matter how many people Penny sleeps with as long as it isn't one of the main guys. As soon as you do that shows over.

perfectly put

Here's imdb.com version

A woman who moves into an apartment next door to two brilliant but socially awkward physicists shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory.

I said it's not all about Leonard/penny did ross and Rachel run off together no and you can't compare Ross/Rachel to penny/Leonard and you don't know if they'll get together at the end, the only reason penny is jealous is because of psychology 101 the girls dumps the guy the guy moves on first with someone better.

If it's all about L/P they migh as well call it beauty and the geek 2.

Here's imdb.com version

A woman who moves into an apartment next door to two brilliant but socially awkward physicists shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory.

I said it's not all about Leonard/penny did ross and Rachel run off together no and you can't compare Ross/Rachel to penny/Leonard and you don't know if they'll get together at the end, the only reason penny is jealous is because of psychology 101 the girls dumps the guy the guy moves on first with someone better.

No,it's about Leonard and Penny and has been from episode 1x01. Of course we don't know if they will get together in the end. The writers/producers have demonstrated that they are unpredictable and that isn't a bad thing. Actually I don't think Ross/Rachel is a good comparison. I don't think they were nearly as central to the plot of Friends as Leonard/Penny are to TBBT.

Oh, and yuck! Priya better than Penny? In what universe is that true? Don't bother listing the education/profession nonsense. She is an entirely dislikeable character. Where Penny isn't a geek she has shown that she can relate to the guys. Priya has a natural block to all that is geek because of growing up with a brother the family was embarrassed by. Priya will never be happy with Leonard until she has remade him.

Here's imdb.com version

it might not be the best comparison, but it definitely will be the case penny and leonard together

just how when i was following and everyone else with Friends they knew Ross/Rachel would be together at the end.

imdb.com version of Friends

"The lives, loves, and laughs of six young friends living in Manhattan."

just because there is a synopsis does not mean that Leonard and Penny are main focus

another one is Family Matters

it was originally a spin-off focusing on the wife's family

along came Steve Urkel who was suppose to appear in 1 episode, but he stole the show and he became main focus

and eventually Steve and Laura was together at the end after 9-10 years of airing

not to be rude, but if you keep thinking everything should be followed as the what the synopsis says for every show there is, you would just be disappointed in all of them

I didn't say priya is better than priya in penny's yes, but priya's disliked by fans that's it

as for the you tube clip I wonder what was up with Kaley and Jim when Kaley said that penny is still in love with Leonard heblooked away, but when Jim said that he'd like for the Sheldon/Amy relationship to continue Kaley looked away I wonder what was that about

If you're going to reference the pilot penny flirted with Sheldon first before Sheldon started acted like Sheldon, you're implying the whole purpose of the show and the reason of the show is to show that a nerdy guy can get with penny while forgetting about what the guys are like and what they do and anyother backstory that implies that the thought of what is happening in season 5 they thought of 2-3 years ago, the writers put down what ever pops into their heads, L/P is a main point (but not the show)but only when they're together which so far has been for just season 3 minus the last couple of episodes when the split

Uh....Kaley Cuoco said in that interview that Penny still loves Leonard. There it is in black and white, someone who works on the show telling you that.

She always loved him but was afraid to admit it. That's why she never said it back. No offense but this is TV Writing 101. It's been done on Moonlighting, Bones, House, Chuck....I'm 34, I could probably go on and on all day about how many times this scenario has been used over the years. It's fairly obvious to anyone with a passing interest in the show that Leonard/Penny's relationship is a primary focus, and that any side steps or obstacles are just there for dramatic reasons.

Anyway, the Raj/Penny/Leonard unpleasantness is just one problem with the show.

I watched all the eps over the last 3ish weeks because a friend recommended the series. Did they change writers? There has been a steady decline in quality for at least a season, if not longer. Not bad enough to stop watching but there have been some dialogue and/or character choices lately that were extremely bizarre. It just feels off now, like they have a different show runner or something.

Uh....Kaley Cuoco said in that interview that Penny still loves Leonard. There it is in black and white, someone who works on the show telling you that.

She always loved him but was afraid to admit it. That's why she never said it back. No offense but this is TV Writing 101. It's been done on Moonlighting, Bones, House, Chuck....I'm 34, I could probably go on and on all day about how many times this scenario has been used over the years. It's fairly obvious to anyone with a passing interest in the show that Leonard/Penny's relationship is a primary focus, and that any side steps or obstacles are just there for dramatic reasons.

Anyway, the Raj/Penny/Leonard unpleasantness is just one problem with the show.

I watched all the eps over the last 3ish weeks because a friend recommended the series. Did they change writers? There has been a steady decline in quality for at least a season, if not longer. Not bad enough to stop watching but there have been some dialogue and/or character choices lately that were extremely bizarre. It just feels off now, like they have a different show runner or something.

Yes the writers have changed. I'm not an expert but it's been said on here that the main original writers are gone replaced by Nickelodeon guys. If true it shows.

@ hex I was explaining the reason behind penny being in love with Leonard since they've been broken up, I hope it's not true about the nickelodeon writers or at least they're not long term solutins that would explain season 4 compared to season 1-3

Yes the writers have changed. I'm not an expert but it's been said on here that the main original writers are gone replaced by Nickelodeon guys. If true it shows.

That was me...and it is very true

Steven Molaro came over from "All That" and "Drake and Josh" ...Molaro is a GREAT talent and writer...however, some guys get into a fur lined rut of being comfortable with people who say he is a genius...I think Steve is that kind of guy

Seems he brought a lot of writers over from Nickolodean last season...and the writers who came from David Letterman, Andy Richter and Arrested Development moved on to other projects

Lorre and Prady work well together, but sometimes you can see their 2 1/2 men side come through

That was me...and it is very true

Steven Molaro came over from "All That" and "Drake and Josh" ...Molaro is a GREAT talent and writer...however, some guys get into a fur lined rut of being comfortable with people who say he is a genius...I think Steve is that kind of guy

Seems he brought a lot of writers over from Nickolodean last season...and the writers who came from David Letterman, Andy Richter and Arrested Development moved on to other projects

Lorre and Prady work well together, but sometimes you can see their 2 1/2 men side come through

In defense of Molaro, he told a story in some interview that Lorre sprung the Penny and Raj go to bed idea on him and he pulled a face and said, "really?" Lorre then replied, "oh now we have to do it." Puts Molaro up a rung for me.

In defense of Molaro, he told a story in some interview that Lorre sprung the Penny and Raj go to bed idea on him and he pulled a face and said, "really?" Lorre then replied, "oh now we have to do it." Puts Molaro up a rung for me.

Interesting. He was also the guy who (according to Prady) pointed out the discrepancy in Sheldon not mentioning Beverly Hofstadter when Penny asked him about kissing, and said that people would ask about it at Comic Con.

Seems like a sensible one, in some ways. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not putting down Molaro...I think he is brillant.

I just think his choice in probably bringing over his Nickelodeon writing friends was bad

So Molaro=great writer; bad recruiter.

Lorre is one of the biggest "I don't care as long as it's funny and gets me $$$" guys in the world. Without Prady and Molaro, Big Bang Theory would be cancelled.