The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons wins second Emmy award!

Jim Parsons won the Emmy award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards today in Los Angeles. This was Parsons' third nomination and second win for his work as Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory.

The other contenders for the award were fellow co-star Johnny Galecki, Matt LeBlanc (Episodes), Steve Carell (The Office), Louis C.K. (Louie) and Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) in the category.

Whoot!! Was checking twitter before heading to work and saw the news.Congrats to Jim :) And to the rest of the cast & crew of course.

Thanks for the speech upload, will watch when I get home from work.

I am happy for him!!! I would have been happy if Johnny had won too.

Johnny doesn't really deserve one, to be honest. His work as an actor is pretty average on the show (but Leonard is pretty average himself). Jim is very talented, and he has the luck to have a very complex character that allows him to demonstrate his skills.

Johnny doesn't really deserve one, to be honest. His work as an actor is pretty average on the show (but Leonard is pretty average himself). Jim is very talented, and he has the luck to have a very complex character that allows him to demonstrate his skills.

Playing a straight man in a comedy is harder than playing the clown...every comedian has admitted as such. You need tohe humor but also the acting ability to respond to antics of the clown and be able to convey the plot and other meanings as well. Wherein the clown just has to play himself.

Think Costello was the first to praise Abbott for being the funnier of the two and admitting it was Abbott and not himself who was responsible for their success.

So no Galecki on the show, no Emmy for Parsons more than likely...

I am happy for him!!! I would have been happy if Johnny had won too.

I think they're both talented actors and work very well together and if either one of them were not on the show I don't think the show would either survive or be the same. They need each other professionally speaking. I actually like Leonard's character as much as Sheldon's character.

I think they're both talented actors and work very well together and if either one of them were not on the show I don't think the show would either survive or be the same. They need each other professionally speaking. I actually like Leonard's character as much as Sheldon's character.

It's not about liking them or not. Emmy awards are given according to the quality of the performance given: Johnny's performance doesn't deserve one, compared to what other actors do. I'm not saying that he's not talented, or that they don't work well together, just that Leonard's character doesn't give him the opportunity to show the full extent of his skills.

I'm SO happy and proud for him! :) It really was unexpected this time, because of the Steve Carell last-chance thing. He was clearly taken by surprise; and he has been all over praising Carell and saying he believed Carell would win, in post-Emmy interviews.. hats off to his humility.

He truly deserves it every time!

@Bazinga Girl: Your Jim blog urgently needs an update. :)

I agree that Johnny's performance doesn't deserve an Emmy. Not saying he's not good. But he's not outstanding. Jim on the other hand has truly made Sheldon shine. And the big bang theory, for that matter. Congrats Jim, well deserved :)

It's not about liking them or not. Emmy awards are given according to the quality of the performance given: Johnny's performance doesn't deserve one, compared to what other actors do. I'm not saying that he's not talented, or that they don't work well together, just that Leonard's character doesn't give him the opportunity to show the full extent of his skills.

I agree with what you're saying. But I at least think Johnny's performances does deserve a nomination.

Playing a straight man in a comedy is harder than playing the clown...every comedian has admitted as such. You need tohe humor but also the acting ability to respond to antics of the clown and be able to convey the plot and other meanings as well. Wherein the clown just has to play himself.

Think Costello was the first to praise Abbott for being the funnier of the two and admitting it was Abbott and not himself who was responsible for their success.

So no Galecki on the show, no Emmy for Parsons more than likely...

Clown? First off Jim is not a clown nor is his character. He is a unique character and is being recognized for that. If Steve won, it would be a sentimental award so not as rewarding. Seeing that Jim 'upset' the common fans shows just how much Hollywood respects him. I wasn't at all surprised, just overjoyed! :)

would just like to add my congratulations for a well deserved win as for upsetting the common fans so what its not a popularity contest but an award for an acting performance well done to jim

I am very pleased Jim has won his awards. He really does bring the Sheldon character alive. Of course it takes an ensemble working in top order for any awards to be granted. The cast, writers, producers, crew and all others involved share in this.

Well done all.