The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.05 The Russian Rocket Reaction

"The Russian Rocket Reaction" - Sheldon and Leonard get invited to a party at Wil Wheaton's house, and Howard gets an out-of-this-world opportunity, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 13 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. "Star Trek: The Next Generation's" Wil Wheaton and Brent Spiner guest star as themselves.

Episode Guide | Wiki

I'm sure he'll get a look in somewhere during the season, Ima.

Maybe we need to tell him there will be a raffle.... and he will show up :D

Can`t wait for the episode! I`m a huge Brent Spiner Fan and also a Wil Wheaton Fan! So cool that booth of them are in the episode I love that!

Hope that episode is gonna be a good one but I `m sure it will.

I've lurked for a while but first time posting :)

Just had to say I'm so excited for this episode. <3 Wil and Brent, the more eps Wil is in, the better!

Just read tonights episode will last a full HOUR! Can't wait to see it tomorrow,

Have fun watching everyone ;)

The Big Bang Theory is one full hour TONIGHT and Sheldon says the words you never thought you'd hear! Tune in tonight at 8/7c on CBS!

@Jacks: I don't think this episode is an hour long.

press release snippet:

"The Russian Rocket Reaction" - Sheldon and Leonard get invited to a party at Wil Wheaton's house, and Howard gets an out-of-this-world opportunity, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 13 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I'm thinking that since the show has gone into syndication, they will show the new episode with a re-run placed either before or after the new episode, hence, making for an hour of TBBT.

I'm simply going off the start/finish time listed in the press release.

edit: just checked the CBS site... yeah this episode is 30mins long, followed @8:30pm by a re-run of "The Benefactor" episode from season 4.

But yes, I too am going to be very excited once I get up after work to watch this episode.

@Netmouse Ah I stand corrected :icon_cool:

Still cool that they get an hour though and yes excited here as well.

We've been blessed here in oz to get almost 3 hours of BBT in a row on a monday night. (season 5 ep with a couple of season 4 eps either side of it)

God bless syndication and sister channels !!

Enjoy the episode, and I look forward to reading your thoughts on it tomorrow night.

:D

Loved this episode! I am waiting for it to air in Cali again. can't wait!

"I'm characterizing this phenomena as 'Schrödinger's friendship'."

"Get it yourself traitor!"

"You just got off the list. You want back on it?"

"Sheldon, you really have a mortal enemy?" - Amy; "Why yes, I have 61 of them. Would you like to see the list?" - Sheldon

I know you're a bit of a left handed monkey wrench

"Another Wil Wheaton sausage fest."

"Excuse me, stomtrooper, these ARE the droids you're looking for." - Sheldon

"Gotcha! Just checking!"

"i'm going to a party, not turning r2d2 and c3po over to the empire"

"you're not only our first astronaut but you're the 1st one of us to kick a girl outta bed"

Sheldon: " I chose to go to a party thrown by the 1 kid in Stand By Me, no one remembers."

'Even that, you look like a dork'

"You're not leaving this planet!"

"As peculiar and annoying as you can be, you're my little buddy."

Aww! Wil and Sheldon are friends! And Brent is on Sheldon's list! Loved the tag!

Semi decent episode. Started out strong but fizzled out toward the end. They need to stop the whole girls hanging out together thing seems like a token gesture and it never produces laughs. Disappointed there wasnt more wheaton. Very glad there were no awkward Raj Penny moments. Best episode of the season so far. Loved the Stand By Me line.

This was a good ep and easily the best this season.

Having said that I'm not completely sold on the new characters. I don't dislike Priya, Bernadette and Amy but the show is unfortunately only 18-20 minutes long and any time spent on them is time not spent on the core characters. For example, how much time did Penny get tonight? 1-2 minutes?

I wouldn't mind if the new characters kinda popped in randomly like Leslie from the earlier seasons, but I'm not really trying to see long extended scenes with Howard and Bernadette, etc.

Amy is my favorite out of the new characters though.

This was a good ep and easily the best this season.

Having said that I'm not completely sold on the new characters. I don't dislike Priya, Bernadette and Amy but the show is unfortunately only 18-20 minutes long and any time spent on them is time not spent on the core characters. For example, how much time did Penny get tonight? 1-2 minutes?

I wouldn't mind if the new characters kinda popped in randomly like Leslie from the earlier seasons, but I'm not really trying to see long extended scenes with Howard and Bernadette, etc.

Amy is my favorite out of the new characters though.

I really enjoyed this episode. I've also noticed that Penny has been getting less screen time, to be honest, Penny is probably the most boring character on the show now, there's nothing really interesting or funny going on with her, you can tell that the writers have no idea what to do with that character.

I used to really like Penny, she was so cute and sweet in season 1, but now, I find her more annoying than anything else, just listen and compare the way she talked in season 1 and now.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.

Well I suppose that was the best episode of season 5 so far but that's not saying much. I only got 2 laughs but that's an increase on the previous episodes. Who are these people? They just aren't the characters I loved.

I didn't realise Wil Wheaton was in "Stand By Me" which was one of the most awesome movies of the late 80s.

Of the 5 episodes thus far, I personally found this one to be the weakest.

I was waiting for Wheaton to punk Sheldon after giving him his gift, but was glad to see the two are possibly friends again.

Loved seeing the "non-creepy" side of Howard.

Looking forward to future "Wheaton sausage-fests" :D lolz