The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.05 The Russian Rocket Reaction

I enjoyed this episode. Sheldon was a bit more his normal self, expect for maybe the beginning.

One part that is bothering me though is Sheldon hugging Wil Wheaton but I thought it was hilarious for Sheldon to shout that Wil Wheaton was his friend. Also the Sheldon telling Brent Spiner that he was now a mortal enemy and Wil Wheaton then telling Spiner that he didn't have to worry, it wont take up much of his time.

I'm still waiting on more Leonard and Penny time!

P.S. Give Penny more screen time!!! Please :'(

Good episode, loved the part where Brent Spiner walks over and brashly tears open the action figure packaging. "Hey remember when we used to pose these like they were masturbating".

I didn't realise Wil Wheaton was in "Stand By Me" which was one of the most awesome movies of the late 80s.

Netmouse, Yes, he is the kid from Stand By Me that nobody remembers. :D

As just proved here. :D

Last night's episode with guest stars Wil Wheaton and Brent Spiner was the night's number one show in viewers and key demographics. The Big Bang Theory has been the highest rated show of the night every week since its September 22nd return.

"The Russian Rocket Reaction" was watched by 13.26 million people, down by around 370,000 people from last week, and scored an 8.2/14 rating in households. The Big Bang Theory scored a 4.4/14 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic and scored a 5.5/15 rating in the adults 25-54 demo. The show ranked first in its timeslot by all key metrics.

The Big Bang Theory was the highest rated show of the night in households, total viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 for the fourth consequtive week.

A rerun of The Big Bang Theory followed last night's new episode at 8:30, replacing the now-cancelled sitcom How To Be A Gentleman. The rerun of "The Benefactor Factor" also finished first in its slot, beating original episodes of The X Factor, Charlie's Angels and Parks and Recreation. The rerun scored a 7.3/12 in households, 4.7/12 with adults 25-54, a 3.7/10 in adults 18-49 and was watched by 11.99 million people.

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1636/Episode-505-Ratings/

Just watched the episode and must say "something of the ole magic was back"! It seemed the interaction between the guys ( L & S ) was like it used to be, I missed that.

I enjoyed watching it but felt sorry for Howard at one point ( when they let him be human ( not obnoxiously creepy ), I like his character more & more )

The Will Wheaton turn around came a bit sudden for me tbh..what happened in the meantime to let him act so kind towards Sheldon?

Brent was awesome, always loved Data :) Hope he returns for more air time.

Man, I could have a field day in that comic bookstore...we used to have one like that as well with all kinds of action figures and stuff for sale. Too bad it's gone

@Netmouse I didn't know that either haha

I enjoyed this episode. A few laughs, no Penny is a whore humor, and Raj didn't speak much. I thought Sheldon was more his old self. The whole Schrodinger's Friendship was classic Sheldon. I have to admit, I didn't see, Will Wheaton making friends with Sheldon, coming. I'm not sure I would have done that. The antipathy has produced good comedy in the past. Of course, now that Brent Spinner is on the list, Will can be off I guess.

The 5 1/4 inch floppy in the giant enclosure was a hoot. I can remember the first time I got a disk failure and tried to run the DOS program Recover on it. For those of you who don't remember DOS, Recover was a program we used to destroy any remaining data on a bad disk. One of Microsoft's more successful utilities, like Edlin. Anyway, the fact that Sheldon had a 5 1/4 got a chuckle from me. Good geek.

Howard's story was intriguing. I guess the FBI left the Mar's Rover Incident to history and I am glad of it. Putting Howard in a Soyuz booster and exposing him to an 8 to 12 G launch brings up some hilarious possibilities. To quote Penny, "tickets to that, please." That could make a terrific episode. I hope they do it. I'd love to see Howard in zero G. He could visit his space toilet. I am glad they didn't let Bernadette beat him.

Great. It's nice to see some positive reactions. :)

(The sense of personal pride I feel is entirely irrelevant and childish, but anyone who has ever geeked out on something will understand..)

Easily the best episode this season, unfortunately thats not saying much. Started out strong at least. Not enough Penny and too much of the other girls. When are they gonna focus back on the core group? When I read about this episode coming I was more hopeful, wow a Wheaton party! But the actual party scene time was less than 3 minutes. They must have different writers doing the show now. Losing faith.

Well they certainly turned the nerdometer up to 11 on that one. Was nice to see. Mainly old-skool TBBT with a bit of rom-com thrown in to keep everyone happy. A good sign and I hope they keep it up. Sheldon's uncertainty principle gags and him offering to dumb it down for Leonard... very clever.

I disliked Bernadette and her two faced antics there. If I were Howard I get rid of her for pulling that crap...

Well, can't say that Howard has always been the ideal boyfriend, what with piling his mother on to her, and she's been pretty graceful about it; so it works to have him be tolerant of her moments of weakness too.

I was pleased to see that the writers had included Howard mentioning the decommissioning of the Space Shuttle.

Keeping it real, ftw !

I was pleased to see that the writers had included Howard mentioning the decommissioning of the Space Shuttle.

Keeping it real, ftw !

Agreed!

I disliked Bernadette and her two faced antics there. If I were Howard I get rid of her for pulling that crap...

I actually think it adds depth to her character. In the end she apologized and that worked. I loved Penny and Amy checking to make sure Bernadette really loved Howard, obviously they found it hard to believe, and then being supportive. That was a funny moment.

Well, can't say that Howard has always been the ideal boyfriend, what with piling his mother on to her, and she's been pretty graceful about it; so it works to have him be tolerant of her moments of weakness too.

That's a dumpable offence there... you don't agree with something that your partner wants to do and instead of resolving it with them, go to their mother, who you know will take your side and put a stop to it for you. It's cowardly, disrespectful, cheap, nasty and controlling. Not even Howard deserves that.

That's a dumpable offence there... you don't agree with something that your partner wants to do and instead of resolving it with them, go to their mother, who you know will take your side and put a stop to it for you. It's cowardly, disrespectful, cheap, nasty and controlling. Not even Howard deserves that.

Yeah but this is Howard. The fact that he has a girlfriend/fiance that doesn't require some form of pump to keep her upright is a miracle. Bernadette is becoming more like his mother. It was underhanded but not unexpected that she did what she did. At least she genuinely apologized in the end.