The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
netmouse

Getting this season finale right

I can totally understand why the writers took the show in the direction they did during the season 4 finale.

The amount of discussion that one episode has created and continues to create was/is awesome.

However, I personally hope they end season 5 along the lines of how they ended seasons 1 and 3 in particular.

Straight forward, nice and happy with no cliffhanger.

I don't think the season 4 ending will hurt the viewer numbers in any major way. Jim Parsons winning a second emmy will only strengthen the fanbase imo.

But yeah, cliffhanger finales are over rated and over used. I think they're better suited to drama-series.

I totally disagree. I think that they may have shot themselves in the foot with the finale. The only reason they generated so much talk is that some people (me) can't beleive that they would ruin the show.

I'll be watching tomorrow night, but there is a very good possibility that I may never watch the show again. I have tried watching the old shows in preparation for tomorrow night, but I have a very hard time even doing that.

They may lose a lot of fans by adding this trashy element. And I just don't see why they would. It doesn't add anything to the show and takes so much away.

I didn't like the Season 3 finale much, in fact let me (express an unpopular opinion and) say that I liked the Season 4 finale more than that, on the whole. Something about the Penny-getting-drunk-and-going-to-Leonard-and-then-backing-out-again thing rankled with me.

Again, it's just individual emotional reactions. I know that the 'incident' in this finale rankled much more with some people.

at least you guys get to see season 5 in the uk we will have to wait till at least mid 2012 so see it but having seen the finale i have always thought of penny as cheap trash so nothing she does surprises me as for raj well he is only human and if its offered on a plate he aint going to refuse but back on topic no i didnt like the finale one bit

@quietmale: we're the same here in Australia. We're going to have to wait til later in the year to see the "official" airings of season 5.

But, as we all know, there are lots of other ways to watch a tv series without having to wait for our local carriers to broadcast them.

@Ima: you saw nothing..... sleep, sleep !!! lolz

I agree with 4ofN that the "trashy" element does nothing to add to the show, but it's nothing that would drive me to ever stop watching the show.

Again, each to their own.

I just think the cliffhanger serves no purpose in this series. It might work fine with other shows, but I prefer my BBT perky and upbeat :D

But, as we all know, there are lots of other ways to watch a tv series without having to wait for our local carriers to broadcast them.

Oh, yes. Hurray for the internet. :)

Of course, one needs a computer at home for watching, can't do it on the office computer. I'm out of luck right now. :(

@Pomita: yeah, office computers suck !! Stoopid filters... can't even see any of the cool YouTube links everyone posts !! rage !!

I'm hoping to have watched the season 5 opener before I go to work tonight.

As a Network Admin I say tough titty said the kitty but the milk is still free

You guys get thise forum :-p

You would not BELIEVE what 'ordinary' people will do if you do not put a content filter on the network... and by ordinary I mean CFO's,CEO's and sales people

I think they've learnt their lesson with the season 4 finale so I can't see anything as controversial happening again. Too late for me but what can you do.

I don't think it will hurt the ratings as such, they will have lost alot of original fans but they will have new fans and die hards to keep the ratings up.

I will categorise myself as "die hard" given the list, Three :D

I too am hoping the rest of the series will stay controversy free. It just shakes everything up too much for my liking.