The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
4ofN

Season premier. Awful, obnoxious, stupid, uncomfortable.

There are no words to describe how I feel about this show.

It used to be so great. The only show I really liked on TV, but they have taken it and shoved it so far into the toilet that I just can’t see how they can ever make it watchable again. It’s over.

They have taken it and turned it into a show about bad relationships and stupid obnoxious people doing stupid obnoxious things.

Was it as bad as expected then? Won't be able to see it till tomorrow and hoped that I could some how get past my hatred of the whole Penny/Raj thing if the episode was good.

last season it was fart jokes. This season it's Raj and Howard kissing each other using some kissing machines.

It gets lower, and lower, and lower.

Was it as bad as expected then? Won't be able to see it till tomorrow and hoped that I could some how get past my hatred of the whole Penny/Raj thing if the episode was good.

I'm sorry but it was the most awkward thing I have ever seen. The Raj and Penny resolution was obnoxious and didn't resolve anything - and it wasn't even the most awkward thing in the show.

I'm sure some people are going to get on here and say it was wonderful. Well, good for them. I'm glad they have yet another show about dishonorable people that they can watch.

Oh, come on, the two episodes, they were absolutely great! I didn't cared much for the skyping in the second episode, but besides that, it was great! Don't tell me you didn't liked Sheldon's ''sacrifice'', and the rest of the gang leaving their own issues to rest for the greater good (aka, winning a paintball game! ^_^ )

In the words of Leonard's mother, dear 4ofN, ''Buck up!'' :D lol

It was good... Nothing will be as good and seasons 1 and 2. The story line has to go somewhere.

I liked the fact they finally threw penny an acting gig.

lol, like Texan said, I guess it's kinda hard to beat the awesomeness of the first seasons, but it was still worth watching, in my opinion! I don't know why 4ofN didn't liked them, I guess not everyone can like everything. However, I checked the comments on Facebook about tonight's episodes, and they are quite generally positive! For instance:

''I was ready for a let down. Result, two of my favorite episodes back-up-back. Way to go!''

''It was AWESOME!''

''i've been waiting for what seems like forever! I've missed the show so much and it was an AMAZING start to a new season! Keep at it!''

''This show just keeps getting better...I need to sit down ....Lol''

''That was great. Good moments in the 1st show but the 2nd show was the best''

''I've never laughed so hard at a TV show! Freaking awesome episodes! : D''

''Omgood. Long distance make out. Laughed so much I had water comin out of my nose. Choked for a whole minute. Ahaha!''

And it goes on! I did saw a 1 or 2 somewhat negative comments (if you call asking for more science jokes ''negative'') among the hundreds that are out there but, like I said, overall the fan's review on Facebook were very positive! Even the machine-kissing between Raj and Howard that 4ofN mentionned (btw, nice to not put spoiler tags when not everyone might have watched the episode yet. Just saying) was hilarious, probably because there was Leonard in between just watching them, realizing what they were really doing, while Raj and Howard had absolutely no clue at all!

What I suggest to you is to watch it and make yourself your own opinion! You're not me, you're not 4ofN either, you're yourself! You might love it, like it, dislike it or plainly hate it. But you'll never know until you watch yourself!

EDIT TO INCLUDE AN ANSWER TO SLICKNICKSHADY: You gotta admit, thought, they were pretty close to doing it, only one condom away! ^_^ And I kinda liked Raj's reaction to all this, how he falled in love with Penny. I mean, like Leonard said, he falls for everyone who's nice to him, but in a way I thought it brought a very much sweeter side to ''the ''jerk'' who had sex with Leonard's ex'' :p And Bernadette actually encouraging him to go for her yet while being absolutely frustrated at him, that was just sweet and hilarious! Go Bernie! :)

Not bad but not real good either.

I think maybe the facebook reactions are from people who have already made up their minds that the show is great.

The poeple who didn't like last season just didn't tune in.

I had planned to give season 5 2 episodes. I've done that.

I don't know. I erased the show from my DVR but maybe I was too harsh I have to think it over.

The kissing machine just made me feel creepy and Leonard still doesn't have a spine.

Hmmm well that was.... strange. Only watched the first one.

SPOILERS

Few things that make no sense whatsoever.

Howard has more of a reaction to Raj writing dirty poetry than Leonard does about Raj sleeping with the love of his life.

Penny's biggest regret about the situation is ruining things with Leonard but she agrees not to tell everyone she didn't sleep with Raj.

None of it makes any sense.

Overall very meh and still think the fact they tried to sleep together ruins the whole show and the way they've tried to cover that up makes even less sense.

Going to watch the second but even without the Penny/Raj thing it just seems to have lost it's spark and originality. They need to trim the fat cut out the drama crap and reduce the non main cast for starters.

Well two down and yeah, meh!

The whole Raj/Penny thing seemed to be them saying "yep we completely screwed up, let's just pretend we didn't go there."

The episodes overall were pretty lame. The characters have become so exaggerated it's just silly. The kissing machine just wasn't funny, didn't repulse or disgust me I just felt embarrassed for the actors having to act in such a bad scene. The episodes just seemed tired as if they are out of ideas but the ratings are there so they have to keep going.

The only real laugh I got out of both episodes was Sheldon saying "as a man with a keen sense of style, I must tell you that chair does not work with the room."

Really surprised that the Raj/Penny thing wasn't the most disappointing thing rather the lack of anything resembling the series I used to love.

It's the writers

The gang now is from Nick Teen shows...while the writers from Season 1 and 2 plus some of 3 were from highly touted cerebal adult shows (andy richter, lettermen, 3rd rock, arrested development)

Sorry the premier was awful outside of the paintball climax... 2nd episode was better but something along the lines of a mediocre season 3 episode.

I have more patience, so we will see how the next episodes go...to decide if I call it an early retirement on Big Bang Theory like I did the Office after season 3

It was amazing. Yep! Leonard is still the only one in the gang Penny has had sex with.

Great!

Wow! The buses just don't go to where you live do they.

There are no words to describe how I feel about this show.

It used to be so great. The only show I really liked on TV, but they have taken it and shoved it so far into the toilet that I just can’t see how they can ever make it watchable again. It’s over.

They have taken it and turned it into a show about bad relationships and stupid obnoxious people doing stupid obnoxious things.

That pretty much sums up how I'm feeling.

The first episode was ok. The second was brilliant !!

If you don't want to watch the show... then don't. Switch off and logout.

Second was ok...I did like Sheldons quotes about

"When I come into power, those people will be sterilized"

even though he knows for a fact that spaying people is illegal

Then the wet bandaid was funny for a bit

People. Raj and Penny didnt have sex. So those of you mocking me and saying the busses don't come where i live...are really the ones that comment should be made towards.

I don't disagree Irvine....They would have if Raj didnt bust a nut early. But the point is they didnt. But yeah..I don't like that they almost did. But hey...nothing i can do about that.

OK, I promised that I would give the show one more chance, and I actually gave it two more chances, with the back-to-back episodes last night, and all I can say is --- goodbye. The shows were just one big dirty joke, nothing but off-colour humour and sex jokes. Totally inappropriate IMHO. I had HOPED and HOPED that the writers would go back to the source and get back to the comic book/sci-fi/science/nerdly goodness that defined the program in the first 2 (almost 3 ) seasons, but they have made their decision, so now I have made mine.

At least we always have seasons 1 - 3. That was classic television.

There is now not a single series left that I care to watch. How sad that television has de-volved so badly, so quickly. Even Dr. Who sucks now. sigh.

Got back my laptop just today. Watched episode 1 so far. Not legendary but quite nice. Since I never had a huge issue with the Raj/Penny thing anyway, I'm just glad that's nicely out of the way.

Loved the paintball part, Sheldon sacrificing himself to the geologists to buck up his team's spirits was hilarious. 'Geology isn't even a real science!' :D

Good to see Penny finally get one tiny acting gig.. sitting pretty!

Goodbye all who are leaving the show. We'll miss you.

It's the writers

The gang now is from Nick Teen shows...while the writers from Season 1 and 2 plus some of 3 were from highly touted cerebal adult shows (andy richter, lettermen, 3rd rock, arrested development)

Ahhh no wonder i felt like 1 and 2 were the best and it trailed off in season 3. thats the same time they changed writers.

Two of the writers used to write for iCarly. But they are fantastic writers and iCarly is a great show. Seddie FTW! Also, iCarly isnt a Teen Nick show. It's a Nickelodeon show.

Steve Molaro and Steve Holland. So I have to disagree. iCarly is a great show and the writers know what they are doing. Also Bill Prady and Chuck have the final say. If they don't like whats written they wouldn't use it.

i only think that sheldon and amy were the really funny ones in both of these episodes. I am happy that Penny and Raj didn't have sex, but made no sense why Penny agreed to Raj to not tell anyone that they didn't have sex

and the imagination of Penny helping Raj put on a condom is a little disturbing

Oh, come on, the two episodes, they were absolutely great! I didn't cared much for the skyping in the second episode, but besides that, it was great! Don't tell me you didn't liked Sheldon's ''sacrifice'', and the rest of the gang leaving their own issues to rest for the greater good (aka, winning a paintball game! ^_^ )

In the words of Leonard's mother, dear 4ofN, ''Buck up!'' :D lol

I totally agree with you. My boyfriend and I loved them. Am looking forward to episode three.

Major Sheldon's battlefield sacrifice was epic. :) And it did bring them all together again, in a way. Church of Sheldon!