Season premier. Awful, obnoxious, stupid, uncomfortable.

4ofN

That's right. Don't discuss anything about the show unless you are happy with everything and only have good things to say. Let's make it easy for everybody and from now on everybody makes one word posts. Use only the following words: Great, fantastic, wonderful, and the phrase, best ever. That makes it easy for everyone.

FTR being happy and positive in general about a show (or anything) is not equivalent to doing what you wrote. But yes, I would even rather do just that, than go on and on for days, weeks and months talking about something I dislike and which clearly upsets me. Hell, if I found a real-life relationship 'awful, obnoxious, stupid, uncomfortable' and kept on feeling that way for a few months, I would be out of it rather than torture myself. This is a TV show.

But I shouldn't go on about this, since I already know that this particular opinion is unpopular on this board. Can't help myself sometimes.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right. Don't discuss anything about the show unless you are happy with everything and only have good things to say. Let's make it easy for everybody and from now on everybody makes one word posts. Use only the following words: Great, fantastic, wonderful, and the phrase, best ever. That makes it easy for everyone.

Not quite what I was getting at with my post, rick.

I also posted that I have absolutely no issue with people criticising the show. No problem at all, I do it myself on occasion.

What I was getting at was to the members who felt that Lorre owed them some kind of apology for that finale episode.. there are several posts from members in other threads asking for an apology. Some people also had (and still have) a hard time letting go of this particular episode.

And as much fun as it is to reignite an argument from 10 months ago... I'll take a pass.

"I'll watch the first episode, but if it's crap, I'll never watch again !... ok, I'll watch ONE more episode, but this is it for me... (5 episodes into season 5 later) this is the last chance... one more episode and I'm done !!" YAWWWWWWNNNNNN. /sleepyface

lolz

the members who felt that Lorre owed them some kind of apology for that finale episode..

Damn right!!!

I just watched the South Park 3 part series "Imaginationland". What I want from Lorre is what Cartman wanted from Kyle.

lolz.. very clever reply, Disgusted :D

@cbolt: there's an entire thread about it somewhere on this site.

I get that but just the notion of just because Lorre put out a very unpopular episode that he owes the fans some resolve of some sort is laughable, they didn't have sex that should've been enough even though the explaination of how the didn was lame since they wanted to.

Netmouse what's it under

I get that but just the notion of just because Lorre put out a very unpopular episode that he owes the fans some resolve of some sort is laughable, they didn't have sex that should've been enough even though the explaination of how the didn was lame since they wanted to.

For those of us that don't speak "Text" here's a translation:

I get that Disgusted is clever and that netmouse was very perceptive to have pointed it out.

It makes me laugh to think that Chuck Lorre owes the fans that have made him millions a proper resolution to his colossal screwup. As long as he keeps Kaley on TV, he can do what he wants.

In my mind they didn't have sex because I couldn't handle that, even though they woke up in bed naked and Penny was touching his junk.

I get that Disgusted is clever and that netmouse was very perceptive to have pointed it out.

It makes me laugh to think that Chuck Lorre owes the fans that have made him millions a proper resolution to his colossal screwup. As long as he keeps Kaley on TV, he can do what he wants.

In my mind they didn't have sex because I couldn't handle that, even though they woke up in bed naked and Penny was touching his junk.

You should write for the show! :icon_lol:

Hilarious!!! :icon_lol:

I hope you aren't speaking for him but if you are I'll agree with you except the last part I wouldn't have cared one way or the other if they had sex or didn't it would have changed my opinion of penny or raj or made me stop watching, but either they should've had sex or the woke up in their underwear because they didn't want to sleep in their clothes and all they did was sleep that's itand somehow penny passed out there they gang wouldn't have to know how they woke up just explain nothing happened. I believe what upset people is the lack of resolve of it.

Why would someone feel the creator owes them an apology?

I have when I have gone to the theater and watched some movies. There I almost feel like I should sit through them to get my money's worth although there have been a few over the years where I just said the heck with it and got up and left.

My personal belief is that if you pay for it and it stinks, then you have a right to the attitude that the creator owes you an apology. If you didn't pay for it then why didn't you just change channels?

Unless the producer promised fans it will be the greatest tv show or movie and it sucked you have the right to complain but that's about it, that's like saying the goverment owes you, no one owes anyone anything unless it is through a verbal or written agreement. So if you don't like what the director or producer puts out don't watch it no ones making you.

On movies that you pay for you are in affect buying a product. If the product sucks then you have a right to blame the producer of that product. With the Web that becomes much less problematic. Read some reviews on line before you put your money down for crying out loud. Saves money, saves time, and saves hard feelings. While you are at it, if you think a movie is crapola, remember the director and producers and don't go to their movies again.

As for TV shows, as I said, change channels.

OMG. 18 episodes later, this thread is the gift that keeps on giving?

I have a great idea. Why doesn't everyone who hated S04E24/S05E01 enough to keep this thread on top of the heap converge on Chuck Lorre's pyramid and stick their thumbs in his eyes?

The Watchowski brothers owe me two big apologies for Matrix 2 & 3. George Lucas owes me apologies for every Star Wars movie after the first three. And I have decided to sit in my mother's basement eating Fruit Loops until either I hear from them, or until they fix their mistakes (whatever THAT would mean).

Seriously, is this how everyone thinks the entertainment industry works?

If it did, perhaps Neilsen ratings would count the number of people who didn't watch the show, instead of the other way round. About 290 million people in the US did not watch last night's TBBT. That's would be about $130 million in postage alone for all the apologies. Meh. I get enough spam and junk mail as it is.

OMG. 18 episodes later, this thread is the gift that keeps on giving?

Seriously, is this how everyone thinks the entertainment industry works?

No, this is how an internet forum works. If all you want to hear is sweetness and light, the Lollypop Guild is the place for you.

I prefer Lucky Charms

:icon_mrgreen:

Actually, Fruit Loops was a reference to the end of "The Friendship Contraction." In reality, I'd probably rather eat Big Bran than Fruit Loops. (Yes, that was a reference to "The Big Bran Hypothesis.")

Actually, Fruit Loops was a reference to the end of "The Friendship Contraction." In reality, I'd probably rather eat Big Bran than Fruit Loops. (Yes, that was a reference to "The Big Bran Hypothesis.")

OMG! I can't believe I didn't get that. Who would think people would put show trivia into their forum posts? I feel shame. All this science I don't understand on the show doesn't help my ego, either. Bad, Bad! (Sound of Disgusted spanking himself)