Kaley is great....except...

SD70ACe

1. She has to be the worst crier EVAR. I think she does a wonderful job acting everything else. Just when the tears are flying it is totally unbelievable.

2. She has rather odd movements with her mouth in between lines and in the background.

3. Kaley is constantly hiding smirks and laughs in between camera moves and the action. eg:S3E17 "The Precious Fragmentation". When Kaley is rolling over in bed and Sheldon is sneaking up, Kaley smiles then her face stiffens trying to hide it.

The cast members often smile/laugh during the filming. I think it adds a nice feel to the scene. Gives it an element of sincerity.

I especially like the scene when Kaley tries the Scanners trick on Howard and the boys smile at her.

I thought her screaming down the stairs in the second episode of this season was a bit on the "loud" side.

Kaley is clearly everything but worthy of an academy award. I mean, she's absolutely amazing as long as she sticks with comedy, but I doubt she can do anything else. So I agree with your first point... I don't really know about the others, that never bothered me.

And yeah, the screaming-down-the-stairs scene was a bit too much.

I thought her screaming down the stairs in the second episode of this season was a bit on the "loud" side.

As did I. Both Penny and Amy sounded like a train that had its whistle stuck on.

Lol! But I think that was the point, it was meant to be overdone, so that the breaks they took for talking in between screaming were even funnier.

@simon: I forgot just how funny Will Smith can be !! lolz... wonder if they found their willy :D

@Pomita: yeah.... meh...... the first comment the girls made down the stairs was funny, but Amy's second one was a bit naff.

I think I've been mentally scarred over the years of having my sister and her little friends screaming around the house >< lolz

• 3 weeks later...

1. She has to be the worst crier EVAR. I think she does a wonderful job acting everything else. Just when the tears are flying it is totally unbelievable.

2. She has rather odd movements with her mouth in between lines and in the background.

3. Kaley is constantly hiding smirks and laughs in between camera moves and the action. eg:S3E17 "The Precious Fragmentation". When Kaley is rolling over in bed and Sheldon is sneaking up, Kaley smiles then her face stiffens trying to hide it.

Crying on queue is hard to do. I have a place in me that I can go to that will make me cry every time, but I am an old actor and have had a long time to develop my tools. I actually like her background faces. That is also a hard thing to do. Making yourself part of a scene in which you have no part is always a challenge. On camera that is exaggerated. You find yourself upstage from the speaker and the camera pulls you out if you react too much or makes you look like boring wallpaper if you react too little. It's a fine balance of acting skill and a good director that makes it work. The direction on TBBT is superb btw. We discuss plot and character here but seldom credit the direction or camera work.

wayelrob, cool to know that you're an actor.

@Pomita: yeah.... meh...... the first comment the girls made down the stairs was funny, but Amy's second one was a bit naff.

I think I've been mentally scarred over the years of having my sister and her little friends screaming around the house >< lolz

Lol. I've actually forgotten what the comments were. :p I loved Infestation when I saw it, but I find I'm not watching it on repeats that much - I've got much more into Pulled Groin and Russian Rocket. Maybe because both of those had some depth too, besides the fun.

Crying on cue is hard but try this on for size I just booked a movie where I play a revealed killer and I have a bunch of physical acting I have to do. I can't see Kaley doing something like that anytime soon. :p

Would have to see her do it to say. So far she hasn't had much physical stuff to do in anything I have seen. Of course that can go back to the director as well. A good director can make a scene like that.

To be blunt, some of the stars of the show are NOT good actors

Kaley is one of them, Kunal another and Melissa Rauch another. They have their comedy niche...but overall they lack the skill of Johnny Galecki,Jim Parsons,Simon Hedberg and Mayim

I think Raj was at his funniest during season 4 in the opening scene of the episode when Penny's dad comes to visit.

Saw a re-run of this episode the other night and found myself laughing with him for the first time in a while.

Kunal seems to lack any comedy stylings when he is out of character, doing those extras set tours on the dvd box sets. Simon is great on screen, but again, gets dragged down a peg when he's paired with Kunal during these extras.

To be blunt, some of the stars of the show are NOT good actors

Kaley is one of them, Kunal another and Melissa Rauch another. They have their comedy niche...but overall they lack the skill of Johnny Galecki,Jim Parsons,Simon Hedberg and Mayim

Not sure I agree about Melissa Rauch. She is a good character actress. They haven't given her much to do, so hard to judge from this part.

Melissa when she doesn't have a line..watch her. She is waiting for the actors lines and you can tell she is reciting her lines in response in her head. Her face is often blank

Is she funny in character, yes...but she doesn't have the subtleties of an actor

Kaley is a very inexperienced actor and got VERY lucky with this casting. I can think of a number of other actresses that could have pulled off this role even better. However, she does have a wonderfully warm personality, which she leverages for the role. Most of what you see is her... that's how I see it.

Now, I think she'll grow with the role, and once she's confident enough the producers will have her edge out more, testing her talent. She has the most amazing warmth in her smiles, the beaming of her eyes and curling of her lips. She works that part well and will have no trouble keeping up her persona for the role throughout the series. But the question is, what will she do once it is over? If I were her, I'd have an acting coach helping me get better through the series and beyond. And, take better care in her horseback riding. Breaking a leg is NOT cool... and remember, Christopher Reeve was horribly paralyzed.

• 4 months later...