Penny

OK. I'm going to get shot down for this, but...

Sheldon says mean things to people all the time. At the start of the series it was usually due to lack of understanding that what he was saying was wrong, but now it seems deliberate (part of the American sit-coms reliance on insult based humour). I think they are turning him into a mean person. It has never made sense to me that he would constantly crank about the work that Leonard does.

I agree

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl what chemistry were you watching they didn't do anything couply and double dates don't count, if Sheldon lived by himself I kind of get the feeling that penny would have found her way into his life even if it was a small part,everyone is beneath Sheldon according to him if penny was beneath him he wouldn't be her friend and wouldn't ask her questions when contains to social customs and what not or wouldn't have ever help her out when she was in need, about Leonard's work in fairness to Sheldon leonard's work is basically him taking other peoples ideas and calling them his own whilesheldon's work could change the way we look at the universe.

@ avoid the real world

I think Sheldon doesn't grasp the part where people don't want there mistakes pointed out and doesn't understand that so to him how will they learn

Everytime Sheldon makes a mean comment to Penny she always has a annoyed or angry look on her face meaning she doesn't like it but Sheldon doesn't seem to care about her feelings because he continues to do it. If he really cared for her he would stop this because he does know right from wrong. Sheldon and Penny have never shown any romantic feelings toward one another, as a matter of fact Sheldon and Penny would both vomit at the thought of dating one another.

Cbolt this is not an angry response to your post. I quite enjoy arguing about L/P and Romantic S/P so don't take this personally. I'm very pro L/P as you probably figured out so I do have my baises :icon_cheesygrin:

Carl I'm not against l/p but based on season 1-2 when they were friends and figuring each other out if they liked one another compared to season 3 when they really didn't really do anything, I don't think Sheldon is being mean he just doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong, to someone else he's being mean but to them he's just being himself, if he was mean he never would have help her all those times she needed someone and he was the only one there

I agree with cbolt that when Leonard and Penny were actually dating they weren't as interesting as season 1-2 romantically but like carl1970 I'm very pro l/p so I want them together no matter how they act

You know I just had a random thought.... Does Leonard and the rest of the gang know that Sheldon has touch/held on to Penny's breast (lack of adhesive ducks)?

Hi everyone!, de-lurking to say a couple things:

Regarding Sheldon's bluntness and mean ways, actually I think it's a half-and-half situation..... or maybe not exactly half-and-half :icon_cheesygrin:

I mean most of the time, he is just being honest, he doesn't mince with words and speaks his mind out, people is not used to that kind of extreme honesty, that's why he comes across as rude, BUT, he also had said mean things intentionally, or at least, he has the habit of being his usual blunt-self when it's not really necessary, just to please himself and his ego, as he does when he puts down Leonard's work, as many of you mentioned.

I think it just shows he is human, must of the time he is just clueless, but he can be mean on purpose too.

And I agree that he shows very little respect to Penny (that's one of the main reasons because I don't get this shipping at all)

We all know that, deep in his heart, he appreciates her friendship, just as he appreciates Leonard's, Raj's and Howard's, but it's because of the time they have expent together, and the experiences they have shared (and Leonard Nimoy's DNA she gave to him, of course) but not because it was something he looked or longed for in the first place.

everyone is beneath Sheldon according to him

As far as now, everyone BUT Amy Farrah Fowler. He considers her his equal, or at least, the person most similar to him he had ever known.

Just sayin' ;)

lol - Penny and Sheldon

I can just see it now. They are married but sleep in separate bedrooms. Since Sheldon can't stand physical contact, they would have an arrangement where Penny could (and would) sleep with anyone she wanted.

LOL, its just so great. It that was to happen though then I would not watch it ever again.

Who knows? Maybe they are married already, but Sheldon’s aversion to intimate proximity makes separate bedrooms just a little too close so they have chosen to live in apartments across the hall from each other.:icon_cheesygrin:

Who knows? Maybe they are married already, but Sheldon’s aversion to intimate proximity makes separate bedrooms just a little too close so they have chosen to live in apartments across the hall from each other.:icon_cheesygrin:

:icon_lol:

Oh do keep going with this story line! please

So, Sheldon and Penny were hired by Leonard’s mother to trick Leonard into becoming Sheldon’s roommate. The purpose for this is to continue with the series of fairly disturbing psychological experiments that Beverly has been performing on Leonard since he was a child.

At 4n Sheldon didn't know penny before Leonard remember,maybe Sheldon and penny are together in one of sheldon's many universes and produce progeny

Ahh. Sheldon only pretended to not know Penny. That was part of the ruse.

:icon_lol:

Oh do keep going with this story line! please

So, Sheldon and Penny were hired by Leonard’s mother to trick Leonard into becoming Sheldon’s roommate. The purpose for this is to continue with the series of fairly disturbing psychological experiments that Beverly has been performing on Leonard since he was a child.

You see, in reality Penny has a PhD in Psychology. She is just playing the part of a low IQ skank as part of the experiment. Penny used to be one of Beverly's interns and so they are very well aqanted and that is why Beverly thought of Penny for her experiments.

I think it is more likely that before tackling the black diamond that is Amy, Sheldon will want to spend some time on the "bunny slope", I.E. Penny.

"bunny slope" lol. Easy. Open for everyone.

You see, in reality Penny has a PhD in Psychology. She is just playing the part of a low IQ skank as part of the experiment. Penny used to be one of Beverly's interns and so they are very well aqanted and that is why Beverly thought of Penny for her experiments.

Oh so she is using her brains and being a great actress playing a bad one?

So why does Beverly dislike her son enough to go through all this trouble?

I think it is more likely that before tackling the black diamond that is Amy, Sheldon will want to spend some time on the "bunny slope", I.E. Penny.

"bunny slope" lol. Easy. Open for everyone.

Oh that's bad! but I laughed anyways :icon_lol:

Goodness that took alot of work to get that formated right:icon_eek:

Penny is easy going. She can expand her horizons if she feels like it, not married to one image of "the guy" she'll be with. Heck, under a little alcohol influence, she found Rajesh attractive, so there's quite a range for you (not dissing him, just mentioning a strong cultural departure from her usual guy).

At least, this is what we've been led to believe. This is fiction and... well, anything is possible. Not real people. ;)