The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

What's your opinion of Amy Farrah Fowler?

I really like Amy, and Mayim does a great job portraying her. From the beginning you figured that they were Meant To Be, so I expect her to marry Sheldon eventually. In fact, I expect her prediction of marrying Sheldon exactly four years from that one conversation with Penny will come true, and I think will come true in season ten.

But I still often wish Sheldon was single, and Sheldon was not about to have sex with her, and that Sheldon had never met her!

A good character, and nicely portrayed by Mayim. I'm just not sure in which direction she would progress if she finally got her wish and had coitus with Sheldon. (Especially if the sex was disappointing. :)

the Amy / Sheldon story line is one in progress , we cant have them go to fast - we have 3 more seasons Left - As for the Amy character , i love her - she makes the show even funnier now that she's a regular cast member , man she cracks me up !

• Haha 1

Well she started out in the beginning to be very reserved and claimed to be as intellectual and logical as sheldon. However you see hints that she has a lot of sexual desire when she comments about her lab stimulation experiments. She later starts to cut loose and becomes weird and clingy. She seems to get a long well with sheldon since shes about as blunt as he is. She goes from seeming to be exactly like sheldon to showing she is needy, manipulative, and very clingy. I don't think she was completely honest with how she felt in the beginning and starts to reveal her colors later on. Sheldon later starts to socialize better through out the series but he seemed to be heading in this direction from the beginning as he seemed to modify his behavior to better understand what is and isnt socially acceptable. Leonard seems similar to Amy now but Amy did not seem this clingy or needy in the start and leonards character seems to give this impression from the very beginning. 

It's not a matter of her having been deceptive at the beginning. It's a matter of the writers deciding that they were going to have her be different.

I think they knew that their options were limited if all she was was a female duplicate of Sheldon.

They have said that the difference between Sheldon and Amy is that Amy wanted to experience all the things she missed out on in her youth--having friends, having a boyfriend, socializing, etc., while Sheldon didn't care about experiencing new things.

I don't think she set out to try to "snag" Sheldon, but I do think that once they started hanging out, her attraction to him grew, first as friends, then as more than friends.

And I think that he was more attracted to her than even he understood. Others have pointed out that Amy is the first friend in his daily life that he has made himself. Although Howard and Raj put them together, Sheldon was the one who chose to purposefully befriend her in that first moment and then continue the friendship.