The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

What's your opinion of Amy Farrah Fowler?

Raj's character needs to develop more. I notice in a lot of episodes he hangs in the background and hardly gets camera time. He has had some really witty lines at times, especially in the first season and needs more. I don't mind Amy, I'm not sure about the lesbian references, they really aren't a necessity and could be dropped from the dialogue without being missed, but she does have great comedic timing and her character does add humour to the show. I seriously don't know how anyone can get annoyed by Sheldon, sure he is egotistical and that's never a flattering personality trait on anyone, but he makes the show. He has the best lines and cracks me up.

Raj's character needs to develop more. I notice in a lot of episodes he hangs in the background and hardly gets camera time. He has had some really witty lines at times, especially in the first season and needs more. I don't mind Amy, I'm not sure about the lesbian references, they really aren't a necessity and could be dropped from the dialogue without being missed, but she does have great comedic timing and her character does add humour to the show. I seriously don't know how anyone can get annoyed by Sheldon, sure he is egotistical and that's never a flattering personality trait on anyone, but he makes the show. He has the best lines and cracks me up.

I'm wondering if they are hiding Raj for a while due to the whole season four finale and the fact they kinda turned his character into evil Raj. Maybe after a break they feel they can bring him back with less controversy.

... they kinda turned his character into evil Raj.

Maybe he'll start hanging out with Kwipky and start trolling the other guys.

So there I was painting a kitchen and I was hit by a really random thought...

How do the writers of TBBT (and other shows) decide on character names, and is Amy Farrah Fowler in fact a Lord of the Rings reference...

I was thinking of the conversation between the hobbits and Strider (Aragorn son of Arathorn II) on their way to Rivendell. Specifically:

Merry: "How do we know this Strider is a friend of Gandalf?"

Frodo: "I think a servant of the Enemy would look fairer and feel fouler."

Merry: "He's foul enough!"

I know it is random and tenuous but it made me chuckle and I had to share ;)

Not sure why raj or the actor that plays him should be punished by the writers but I don't think that's what they're doing since Howard is in the same boat

I absolutely LOVE Amy! I find her to be a very relatable character and I think her relationship with Sheldon will just make both of their characters better xxx

• Like 1

So there I was painting a kitchen and I was hit by a really random thought...

How do the writers of TBBT (and other shows) decide on character names, and is Amy Farrah Fowler in fact a Lord of the Rings reference...

I was thinking of the conversation between the hobbits and Strider (Aragorn son of Arathorn II) on their way to Rivendell. Specifically:

Merry: "How do we know this Strider is a friend of Gandalf?"

Frodo: "I think a servant of the Enemy would look fairer and feel fouler."

Merry: "He's foul enough!"

I know it is random and tenuous but it made me chuckle and I had to share ;)

I would have never seen that or heard it.

I will chuckle with you :icon_lol:

I wonder if the actress had other offers and they had to offer her a big contract to stay? This would explain them using her more and more as they would want value for their money. This Season has become The Big Amy Theory.

Don't like her at all. I registered in this forum just to say: can you please cut Amy? I hate to see she licks her lips to Sheldon.

I like Penny the most, she sometimes acts like a mother to Sheldon, may not be brilliant, but very tolerant and caring. I really like seasons with just 4 guys and Penny.

I don't mind her appearence nor her personality but the way she is played in the show is just creepy and poor.

I agree with ThreeLions. They are using Amy overly often. She was kinda cute and elegant at first, but now she's just sad to look.

Don't like her at all. I registered in this forum just to say: can you please cut Amy? I hate to see she licks her lips to Sheldon.

I like Penny the most, she sometimes acts like a mother to Sheldon, may not be brilliant, but very tolerant and caring. I really like seasons with just 4 guys and Penny.

Jeez, I hope you aren't suffering under the delusion that anyone from the show actually comes in here and reads any of this.

I have not read the entire thread but I always liked the Character of Amy. She really isn't the Sheldon clone many feared and she is a person in her own right.

Jeez, I hope you aren't suffering under the delusion that anyone from the show actually comes in here and reads any of this.

We never know. It doesn't hurt to try.

Terrible. It used to be the Big Bang Theory. Then it became a version of Friends. Now it has morphed into the Amy show. The writing has gone downhill and the actors sometimes look bored.

Get rid of her before it's too late.

Amy is a terrific character and you are all a bunch of cry babies. I agree that the show has lost some of what it originally had but it is still a great show.

Not that I usually have problems with people like Amy in real life, but I find her super annoying on TV. She's too loud for me.

In fact it would be great for the last show of the series. I can imagine Sheldon coming out of the bedroom with a big smile saying something like "Ah, so THATS what all the fuss is about."

That's a good one. Loved it. :D

I wonder if the actress had other offers and they had to offer her a big contract to stay? This would explain them using her more and more as they would want value for their money. This Season has become The Big Amy Theory.

I agree they are using Amy a lot, maybe too much, this season. I dont remember seeing any articles about her contract and her character seems pigeonholed for this show. Her dominance of the other female characters is making the show less enjoyable for me. Penny seems to have lost her edge, and her character is the most entertaining.

They need to tone down Amy.

Since amy has joined the show, am i right to think that the viewer ratings has gone up?

The writers would of not put amy in the show if they didnt think she would become a good, reconised charecter.

I think she brings out the side in sheldon that hasnt been seen before, and as we all know, the show would be nowhere without dr sheldon cooper!

I think she brings out the side in sheldon that hasnt been seen before, and as we all know, the show would be nowhere without dr sheldon cooper!

I think that's one of the main reasons for Amy's general appeal. Sheldon is more comfortable with her, as a character, than with anyone else, and that makes him lower his guards and be vulnerable with her sometimes in a way he can't be with his other friends. Also she has a way of influencing him or negotiating with him in his own language, and he respects her intellect, leading to a certain kind of sparks between them.

• Like 1