The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jakeelee

making a german subtitled version

tvsubtitles.net have german subs for episodes 4.14-4.17

A possible workaround is to search a torrent site for subtitles packages.

As for merging your video with the subs, you'll need to d/l a program to do it for you.

There are plenty of free ones on the net. Just need to google "add subtitles to video file"

There are plenty of free ones on the net. Just need to google "add subtitles to video file"

thanks for your quick answer, but if I take any of the availabel videos, how does the program no, where to put which subtitles? Because they do not all have the exact length I think????

thx

I've never done it before. My dad has, but he was using a subtitles pack that was specifically built for the video (ie: the timing of the subs was already calculated)

I'm pretty sure the program you use will take care of the timing. Don't ask me how it does it, but from what I've read it seems like a pretty straight forward process.

I recall someone saying that the season 3 dvd set didn't have German subs. I had a look at the season 4 dvd set and saw it too, does not contain German. Yet, seasons 1 and 2 did.

Good luck.

I usually let my player search for subs online and download them automatically...just pick the language( i think you can do that)

Why didn't buy the german dvd or bluray online? So you can choose to watch with and without subtitles. On the bluray you can choose between the english original and the german and spanish dubbing version. On the subtiltes you can choose between spanish or (for hearing impaired) german or english subtitles.

• Like 1