The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aperto314

Episode 1.05 - The Hamburger Postulate

Watched this rerun last night - Funny one! Jim Parsons wins the award for Best Fidgiting on a Couch (10 seconds or less category) Favorite two lines out of many (couldn't pick just one. BTW, sorry if I missquote a word or two, I'm doing this from memory): 1. Sheldon (holding Leslie's violin case): He's either in there with Leslie Winkle or a 1930's gangster. 2. Leonard: (referring to Penny saying that Leonard and Leslie would make a cute couple): What do you think she meant by that? Sheldon: She either meant that the two of you would form a couple which others would think of as being cute or that you could manufacture one. OK, a third: Penny: Sheldon, honey, I know you think you're explaining yourself, but you're really not. Best visual: Leslie smashing the banana :icon_lol:

• Like 3

Agreed. Another fav line was (apprx) "I think I'm about to find out how that banana felt." In this episode Sheldon is wearing a green tshirt with interesting art on the front. Anyone know what it is from? Wardrobe folks?

Happy holidays everyone! Noticed that no one has yet offered any insight about this T-shirt. To me, it could be an abstract figure (producer? screenwriter?) who is wringing his hands in despair after TriStar pictures turned down his project, which is why his nose is bent out of shape (notice the Dali-esque mustache). Actually, I haven't a clue. Anyone?

Maybe I'll try the Cast and Crew forum. Oh yeah, another great line, in the cold close as I recall, from Sheldon "I can't believe I'm going to have to share my Nobel Prize with your booty call."

"Oh dear, she didn't take my order!"

"How can she take your order when you're too neurotic to talk to her?"

"Nevertheless, this shall be reflected in her tip!"

I could be wrong- but I do believe that Aarti Mann (Priya) plays a violinist in this episode.  It's an uncredited appearance, but I think it's her.  Anyone care to confirm/comment? 

Maybe I'll try the Cast and Crew forum.

Oh yeah, another great line, in the cold close as I recall, from Sheldon "I can't believe I'm going to have to share my Nobel Prize with your booty call."

I think that was the best line of the whole episode. LOL

I love that Sheldon can be so funny without even knowing that he is. ;)

It was nice episode.

Loved Leslie and Leonard playing cello.

And Leslies " Oh Leonard, you magnificent beast. " was amusing *LOL* 

And Ioved how Howard tried to impress Penny with his beatboxing *LOL*

I could be wrong- but I do believe that Aarti Mann (Priya) plays a violinist in this episode.  It's an uncredited appearance, but I think it's her.  Anyone care to confirm/comment? 

I don't think so.  The woman in this episode's head doesn't even come up to the bottom of the 4A plate.  In The Zarnecki Incursion, as Priya is walking out the door of the guy's apartment, the top of her head is at the same height as the top of the plate.  

Rewatching old episodes when I know what happens later sometimes makes me appreciate details more - particularly KC's beautiful acting. When Penny and Sheldon know Leonard is having sex with Leslie, the way Penny says "Good for him ... good for Leonard" subtly conveys that firstly she does indeed think better of Leonard for knowing he does have sex (and is therefore more like her) but also she's that not entirely pleased that Leonard is taken. I think this is the first indication that Penny is going to be sexually interested in Leonard.

Leonard didn't know that Penny was outside the door, but if he had known surely "Leonard you magnificent beast" is exactly what he'd want her to hear. Lucky little wossname, isn't he?