The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.06 The Rhinitis Revelation

“The Rhinitis Revelation” – Sheldon competes with the gang for his mother’s attention when she comes to visit, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Oct. 20 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Laurie Metcalf reprises her role as Sheldon’s mom.

Episode Guide | Wiki

@ShelRa: They've swapped the screening dates of this episode and episode 7 around, so that episode 7 (which was ORIGINALLY episode 6) will portray Halloween closer to Oct 31st.

Obviously there were no continuation issues with the storylines between eps 5, 6 and 7 to allow this to occur.

Will be interesting to see if the retail dvd set will swap episodes 6 and 7 back to their original taping order.

I love Laurie Metcalf. She is a terrific character actor and very funny lady. Some of my favorite episodes were the ones she has been on. This episode has possibilities.

Oh, poor Sheldon looking like a drowned puppy. And good to see some of the more familiar tshirts back!

And a nice new jacket. :)

I know, he looks so lost, poor thing!

@Tracer: I noticed that too. I was about to post "nice to see Raj with yet another beer in his hand !!" >< sigh

@Tracer: I noticed that too. I was about to post "nice to see Raj with yet another beer in his hand !!" >< sigh

In this case, he seems to be nearly drowning himself in beer, rather than just consuming it for purposes of female conversation, as evidenced by his stance of sitting on the ground. :p

Yeah, the six pack of beer on Raj's lap doesn't look too promising >< :D

However, this could be followed by a 'Sheldon's mother comforting Raj' scene, which might be interesting. Or at least pleasant. She always comes across as so warm and caring, even if a religious nut. :)

Love Sheldon's mother. Hope the writers don't screw her up too.

Right there with you...but I think the writers DO make fun of her, typical atheist slander at Christians. It's just that the actress is SO good, that she makes her likable instead of how the writers wanted her portrayed.

Ep was "eh". Not bad or anything but not as good as last week. A few jokes landed. I like Sheldon's mom but the stereotypical religious/right-wing dialogue gets kinda old. She's better in small doses.

I did like Sheldon sticking his tongue out at the end, it caught me off guard.

The episode wasn't so bad and the stereotypical religious/right-wing-etc etc was well....meh okay...but my favorite part and the one I was looking forward to since I saw the picture was in the church considering Raj and Howard and it was very very funny I did laughed a lot specially with "you just get one wish" lol :D I'm still laughing as I'm typing this comment, I'm catholic (sort of because I'm not very religious and I don't even remember when was the last time I walked into a chuch let alone a mass) and the Rosery rattlers also made me laugh lol, it reminded me of an aunt I have. I don't know why but sheldong behaving like a kid is not funny to me, I'm not going to press on that topic but his childish behavior is one of the least things I find funny in the show other than that I'm still enjoying the season.

I guess it was good that Bernadette wasn't around because having two catholics in one room might have been too much to handle hehehe though it could've been fun too. :D

Sheldon's Mother sang Soft Kitty with different notes from the way Sheldon and Penny sing it. He would have learned it from his Mother or Grand Mother and therefore it would be the same.

"Willing to sail across the ocean without fear of falling of the edge" gave me a chuckle.

Not an amazing episode but decent with a few good laughs. Thought they were trying to hard with Sheldons mum, not as funny as she normally is but loved the church scene.

For those already disliking the series so far, I don't see this episode doing anything to redeem the series for them.

Last week, USSR took offence to the portrayal of Russia during episode 5. Well, thanks to Mary Cooper, I reckon every other race and denomination was pretty much covered in tonight's new episode :D lolz

"Gunning for God" and "All you can eat Last Supper" .. hilarious !

Mary Cooper's antics, whilst staying in context of her character, got a little bit "meh" after awhile. I agree that she is better in small doses.

Raj needs to sober up. The beer bottles in every other scene is getting old fast. However, his "6 new friends" comment did remind me of my drunk cousin referring to three bottles of beer as "his babies" :)

Congrats to the writers for the continuity: Howard is still going to space and the boys had their sword from last episode on display in their apartment.

@Flash: different actors are going to have different vocal ranges. I prefer Penny's rendition of "Soft Kitty", however, the way Mary Cooper sings it is how I remember it being sung when I was a kid.

Yeah, not a bad little episode this week. I enjoyed it.

I thought this one was good, had a few good laughs plus it had great one liners!

Ms Cooper , I have to agree, in smaller dosage is better though.

Leonard's Loch Ness comment was awesome and the church scene where he addresses God about being taller seemed like it was improvised as I thought Kaley was about to burst into a laugh, but got it together in time to make a sad face...

And agreeing with Netmouse on kudo's for keeping the continuum going as I noticed the sword on the wall piece as well :)

And yes, they need to sort the path Raj is going, as at the moment it's nothing but booze that he relates too...

Also noticed when Leonard hands Sheldon a tissue it comes out of the same box ( Rubik's cube ) that Sheldon has sitting on a side table in his apartment in the episode where Leonard looks back on telling Penny how he came to live with Sheldon. I like seeing those kinds of little things!

Yep, I liked this episode!

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory finished first in its slot and matched its previous Thursday high in the key adults 18-49 demographic. The Big Bang Theory was the highest rated and most watched show on Thursday for the fifth week running.

"The Rhinitis Revelation", with guest star Laurie Metcalf, was watched by 14.69 million people, the second largest audience the show has had on Thursdays. The show finished first in households with an 8.9/15 rating and scored a 4.9/15 rating in the coveted 18-49 demo, matching its highest Thursday rating in the demographic. Compared to last week, the show was up three tenths of a point in the 18-49 demo and added 1.1 million viewers. The Big Bang Theory finished first in households, viewers, adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.