The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

5.08: The Isolation Permutation - Nov 3rd

What did you think of the episode?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

AMY IS HEARTBROKEN WHEN BERNADETTE AND PENNY GO WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING WITHOUT HER, ON "THE BIG BANG THEORY," THURSDAY, NOV. 3

“The Isolation Permutation†– Amy is crushed when Bernadette and Penny go shopping for wedding dresses without her, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 3 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Johnny Galecki (Leonard)

Jim Parsons (Sheldon)

Kaley Cuoco (Penny)

Simon Helberg (Wolowitz)

Kunal Nayyar (Koothrappali)

Mayim Bialik (Amy)

Melissa Rauch (Bernadette)

STORY BY: Chuck Lorre, Eric Kaplan and Tara Hernandez

TELEPLAY BY: Bill Prady, Steven Molaro and Steve Holland

DIRECTED BY: Mark Cendrowski

I hate being informed of what the new episode will be, for any show!

I prefer being surprised by what happens when any of them are shown the first time.

I only check the tv listings to see that a show is going to be on, and don't read the plot.

Surprise me with cute plot twists.

I on the other hand am to impatient to wait for the episode to air. That is why I read a taping report written by Roxanne who goes to the live tapings. :icon_cheesygrin:

I know what is going to happen in this episode but don't worry I Ratant I wont say anything else.

Does anyone else get the feeling that penny will some how still be the maid of honor, looks like the wedding will happen this season

I totally LOVED this episode! So a SHAMY forever! You can see Sheldon really does care for Amy. Concerns when he couldn't contact her, contemplated doing more with her during their negotiations, and concerned when he saw Leonard touching her almost at 2nd base. LOVE SHAMY so much! Mayim NEEDS to be added to the Emmys nods and also added to the PCA nods as well. Best quote of the night came from Leonard "Yes, Sheldon, WHAT would it take?" when Amy was asking about taking her to the motel.

• Like 1

Man they really don't show break-ups on this show do they? All we get is a passing comment from Leonard "I'm single, I don't need this crap." Oh well, at least Priya's gone.

Anyway I really liked this episode. Amy hadn't appeared in the last few so I guess we were due for an episode about her. I think its obvious that Sheldon cares for her, but not in the way that Amy would like lol.

I think Sheldon cares but as a friend not in a romantic way, I just don't think he's attracted to her in that manner

I think it has been obvious that Sheldon cares for Amy for some time now. Pretty much on the table now, though. I thought their cuddle negotiation was funny. Sooner or later Amy is going to make Sheldon put up or shut up. Then we will find out if Sheldon actually does have genitals and if they work.

The show was enjoyable enough although I didn't find too many laughs. Chuckle or two. More disturbing, Raj is really a girl, references. You expect him to pull out a copy of Cosmopolitan at the lunch table. They make a point of showing his heterosexual leaning when he is imagining the girls washing each other, then its back to knowing different dress sleeve shapes and necklines. Weird. Well, at least he wasn't whining about being lonely.

And lastly and most importantly. ^%)*#%$ That is me dancing on Priya's symbolic grave. May all the gods hear me, "Lets have no more of that B*tch!"

More disturbing, Raj is really a girl, references. You expect him to pull out a copy of Cosmopolitan at the lunch table. They make a point of showing his heterosexual leaning when he is imagining the girls washing each other, then its back to knowing different dress sleeve shapes and necklines. Weird. Well, at least he wasn't whining about being lonely.

Raj has always been like that though, I like that he shows more the old Raj in the previous seasons in this episode. He's always been into girly things, but still has very much the mind of a guy. Some examples:

- He was reading Twilight in his apartment, I think before the FBI agent showed up at his door.

- He wanted to watch Bridget Jones' Diary when the group was in the hotel for a conference.

- He was using a telescope to watch The Good Wife on their apartment rooftop when they were bouncing lasers off the moon.

- He's referenced several other chick flicks over the seasons, can't remember the exact titles at the moment.

And yay he wasn't drunk in this episode. :D

Now for my overall comments about the episode, I got quite a few laughs in this one. The cuddling negotiation, such a Shamy thing to do, loved it. xD Probably my favorite one so far this season. Oh yeah, also loved Leonard knocking like Sheldon on Amy's door. xD

Meh episode for me. I have no interest in Amy at all so an episode based around her really didn't interest me. It's one of the downfalls of the series for me. You can have the extra characters and use them sparingly but when you get to the situation that an extra has an entire episode devoted to them at the expense of the main cast, you've taken the wrong direction somewhere.

I liked this one. The last 5 minutes were a bit meh. It was as if the writers had run out of ideas by the end of the ep.

Lego Death Star.. awesome.

Human, snuggly Sheldon.. loved it. Pomita's gonna go nuts over this ep !!

Even Raj was funny.

REM on a harp was brilliant, as was Leonard acting as Sheldon's door knock proxy.

I hadn't even thought about Priya when Leonard made his "I'm single" comment... wonder if they'll bring her back briefly for a "farewell", or has she simply disappeared as so many other secondary characters have in the past?

And Sheldon shared my favourite Monty Burns "Ahoy hoy" fact. Yay !!

I'm tipping that Howard and Bernadette's wedding form part of the season finale.

With the exception of that last camcorder bit, a great episode.

Firstly... Leonard said he was SINGLE!

I like the episode except for the very end. Not a huge fan of Amy's filming and everything but it does show what the other two girls were talking about when they said she was being crazy

Haha Sheldon and Amy's talk on the way to snuggling. Oh my and how worried Sheldon was that he could not reach Amy, so cute

Rating overall is two thumbs up!

Well, I guess it's fair to assume that the Prya era is over with...

Loved this episode as it had some unknown Sheldon emotion peeking through towards Amy. The whole scene leading up the the cuddle was great to watch.

Had to really laugh at his burst out with both guys stating he was "He was a man of science, not someone's snuggle bunny!" and repeatedly telling them to get their women in line. He played that scene very convincing.

Amy playing REM on harp was cool, could have done without the last part with the filming as well. I could however understand the 2 girls wanna do this without Amy as those suggestions would rub me the wrong way too.

Therefore making Amy Bernadette's maid of honor was stretching it a bit far to try and save the friendship imo...

I am inclined to agree with Netmouse about the wedding being part of the season finale, as they are really focusing on it now.

* me has a soft spot for Sheldon, just like Pomita :) *

• Like 1

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory dominated its timeslot, was the highest rated show of the night and broke its previous records in its Thursday night timeslot.

"The Isolation Permutation" was watched by 15.98 million people, up by around 1.4 million people from last week, and attracted the show's largest Thursday night audience ever. Last night's episode was also the show's most watched episode since 3.17 The Precious Fragmentation, which aired Monday, March 8th 2010 in the 9:30 slot following Two and a Half Men.

The show scored a 9.4/15 rating in households, equalling the Thursday high set by the fifth season premiere. In the important adults 18-49 demographic, The Big Bang Theory set another Thursday high with a 5.4/16 rating.

Another dead episode for me. I can't stand Amy. I muted the harp and singing bit so thank God I didn't have to suffer through that. Only mildly funny parts were "get your women in line" and door knock proxy.

I loved this episode :)

Poor Sheldon having to be human :)

The negotiation process amused me, as did, "what would it take?" near the end.

The curiosity on Leonard's face :D

Incredible ratings! WOW! But 3.17 still had the highest ;-) (16,32 Million).

I agree, still not quite season 3 - but very, very close. I've updated my signature. This was the third highest ranked show of all of the seasons.

I hate to say it, but they may have been successful in changing the show into a run of the mill comedy that will appeal to the masses. I was hoping they would fail so they might change back to the old show, but it looks like they 'll continue down their current path.

Oh well, I can always read a book or something.

The Snuglebunny negotation was very funny. I had thought they might break Sheldon's reserve down but in fairness to the writers , they kept true to his character and let it be known that Sheldon's affection for Amy doesnt stretch to induduging in in icky, unhygenic behaviour.

Name me 1 other bloke who,when offered sex, has replied with " Counterprosal". Excellent:icon_biggrin:

I really enjoyed this episode but as a bit of a Sheldon fangirl thats probably a bit predictable. I must try and find some insightful comments or critiques but i just really enjoy the show-oh well I will try harder to make my posts more interesting!