The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

5.08: The Isolation Permutation - Nov 3rd

What did you think of the episode?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Of course ratings don't mean that a particular episode was better than others. It simply means more people looked in that night.

I totally forgot to comment on the Lego "Death Star". That looked really cool I remember there were puzzles like that out there.

But this has to be the coolest thing I have seen that is Star Wars ( Millenium Falcon ) related. Totally geeked out when I saw this as I am a Star Wars nut as well as a guitar/bass girl :icon_cheesygrin:

Sorry for the OT ( not really though is it..... )

Incredible ratings! WOW! But 3.17 still had the highest ;-) (16,32 Million).

I agree, still not quite season 3 - but very, very close. I've updated my signature. This was the third highest ranked show of all of the seasons.

I hate to say it, but they may have been successful in changing the show into a run of the mill comedy that will appeal to the masses. I was hoping they would fail so they might change back to the old show, but it looks like they 'll continue down their current path.

Oh well, I can always read a book or something.

S3? I thought it was weak! Of course I am not a Lenny fan so maybe that is why. I thought s4 was better but I have sentimental reasons for that. My order is 2, 1, 4, 3 (too early to judge s5 but as it stands now it fits in between 1 and 4. :)

IMO: the best episode in the 5th season so far.

First, there were geeky jokes, both scientific (Amy's research) and popcultural (Death Star made of Lego). Has anyone noticed that Sheldon quoted 'Alice in Wonderland' - the fragment with a linguistic joke in it?

Second, the group dynamics was great. And the excellent scene with Amy and Sheldon (sex negotiations as Spock-like discussion!)...

IMO: the best episode in the 5th season so far.

IMO: was the good guy fluctation. love the wacky things Sheldon was trying to get even :icon_cheesygrin:

but i must say i thought this episode was pretty good

Sheldon/Amy moments were awesome

Raj not so much, i can't look at him in the same exact way. but they tried to brush it off with the whole penny/raj so ehh

Leonard has to be single. Priya cheated on him, but so did he. He "stopped" himself from being a jackass lol

To try something new with the forums, which I think may have been suggested a while back, I have added a poll to this episode thread to see what people's opinion on the episode was. For future episodes, I will add the episode poll around the time the episode airs, so people can come and rate it as well as leaving a comment. Let's see how it works. :) You can, of course, still leave a comment about the episode on the thread. It's also possible to leave a comment and rate the episode on the main site's episode guide.

Has anyone noticed that Sheldon quoted 'Alice in Wonderland' - the fragment with a linguistic joke in it?

He used it in Se01 or 02 when trying to figure out why everybody was telling him to "go away".

best lines:

Howard “What would you like to talk about Sheldon?? Why do you hate us?â€

Amy: “...page through thick glossy magazines that make me hate my bodyâ€

Leonard: “come on , you said we need to get more fresh airâ€

Sheldon: the bobcat lines

Howard about Raj “and he says he would do it again†Nice repeat of the much earlier stalking gag.

Amy “One of these things should die aloneâ€

Amy ...maid of honour“That's not true... once; but then they all diedâ€

Surprised they didnt mention something along the lines of ...although the death star is not completed, it is still fully operational..

Nice to see they are keeping up to date on current topics a la Sheldon's conversation topic...faster than light particles at CERN

I agree, I see Sheldon as a good friend with Amy. Like when Leonard previously talked about having fun with Amy, my first thought was that Sheldon was concerned that Leonard would get in the way of Amy and his friendship. I don't see any romance between them and I hope the show doesn't go there.

Sadly if the summary of the 3.10 episode is correct, it might I just don't see it now if they want to go that route with a really smart chick then that's fine, but I just don't see him attracted to her

Maybe they should bring back Martha for sheldon

I loved this episode. Wow, to think Sheldon has snuggled with Amy. That was pretty impressive. (Lucky Amy).

I also loved Leonard knocking on Amy's door in Sheldon's style. Brilliant.

Thanks for remembering me. And @netmouse, you know me so well. :)

Also (OT) - thanks netmouse and Tripper for adjusting the settings so I can log in again. (I was beginning to suspect someone had put in an informal complaint against me quoting my number of smileys and requesting a ban..)

Loved the scene with Amy and Sheldon cuddling and the negotations that led to it

Epic scene, indeed!

thats the only bit i have seen of that episode, been looking on youtube for the rest of the episode but thats the only bit i can find

Can't you download/stream it from some site like cucirca.com? That's what I do.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

As well as enjoying the cuddle scene, there was a moment in the cafeteria when Sheldon and Amy were joking around that was especially cute

ahh, the eye-coitus scene

• Like 1

As well as enjoying the cuddle scene, there was a moment in the cafeteria when Sheldon and Amy were joking around that was especially cute

Thats a great way to describe the scene :)

There are many instances of the same. ;)

There are many instances of the same. ;)

Sheldon being all masterful "Get your women in line" :icon_mrgreen:

Resurrecting an old thread because I've just rewatched this ep.

I know everyone squeals over the snuggling, but, to me, the part that is even cuter and more telling about how Sheldon is starting to feel about Amy (and how they were paving the way for where they would be going in the second half of the season), is the bit immediately before that. How he is actually making an effort to figure out what upsets her and to make her feel better. It's hilariously sweet because he comes up with stuff that only he would come up with ("When they were over here, did you fail to offer them a beverage?") but you can tell he does that because he really wants to help and say something, he just doesn't grasp normal human behavior. When he asks her if it made her feel sad and she says yes and he gets all excited that he got it right, it makes my heart melt. Jim did such a wonderful job there. With anyone else Sheldon would have probably just brushed them off and told them to suck it up (like he was kind of doing with Leonard in the Hawking episode this season, where he couldn't care less about his problems).

So yeah, I think that's my favorite part of the episode.

• Like 4