The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

Do you like commentaries???

So!

Do you like listening to commentaries on you DVD's and Blu-rays???

If you do, what's the best/worst commentary youve heard?

I love commentaries, because they really get into the movie (if they are good)

The best ones for me: Patriot. Lotr trilogy. Four Brothers. These had very informative commentaries, with humour!

The worst: Epic movie. the commentary here was so dreadfull it is impossible ot describe it! Great movie, though!

I never bother with them on films, the only ones I tend to listen to are on series I really like mainly Joss Whedons stuff. It's good to hear stories about how they did things or stuff that happened during the scene.

I do like a good commentary, particularly Joss Weadons on Buffy. Film commentaries can get a little tedious, I tried watching Rocky horror with the commentary,bad, bad, bad.

I've hardly ever watched a dvd with commentary. However, it can be quite entertaining on occasion. The best one that comes to mind is David Tennant commenting on Dr Who episodes.

during the weekend, I listened commentary on Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Dead Man's Chest. And it was brilliant! Two very smart screenwriters were talking clever stuff and joking a lot. Really great addittion to a great pirate movie!

I also loved commentary on The Rock, which I listened way back. It had Nicholas Cage on it, and he talked a lot of personal stuff on it.

On the bad side, I also checked commentaries on Goodfellas and Fugitive, on the weekend. Both were really Booooooring...

I cant believe nobody listened to the DVD commentary from Tropic Thunder.!

He was right. He didnt get out of character until the end of the DVD commentary.

Schiol of Rock commentary was sweet, listening to the kids.

I generally listen to the commentaries for comedies ... it's extra laughs. Mel Brooks is a great man for humerous waffle and if you get a chance to listen to Richard Dreyfuss, check it out,

I cant believe nobody listened to the DVD commentary from Tropic Thunder.!

He was right. He didnt get out of character until the end of the DVD commentary.

Schiol of Rock commentary was sweet, listening to the kids.

I generally listen to the commentaries for comedies ... it's extra laughs. Mel Brooks is a great man for humerous waffle and if you get a chance to listen to Richard Dreyfuss, check it out,

yes, comedy commentaries are usually a hoot. Sadly, sometimes there are just too many commentators in them, which makes the comemntary a bit chaotic.

personally I do not like kids in commentaries. I could not listen to narnia commentaries, nor Harry Potter stuff, just for this reason.

I just finished Season I and watched the commentaries and really found it interesting how this show could have pursued a different story line because of the two pilots.I know sorry... not a avid reader of the episode posting in this forum just first TV show commentary

I do like a good commentary, particularly Joss Weadons on Buffy. Film commentaries can get a little tedious, I tried watching Rocky horror with the commentary,bad, bad, bad.

I confess I have listened to a little Buffy commentary myself. But mostly I don't.