The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.09 The Ornithophobia Diffusion (Nov. 10)

How would you rate the episode?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

"The Ornithophobia Diffusion" - Leonard and Penny try hanging out alone, and Sheldon must overcome his fear of birds, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, Nov. 10 (8:00 - 8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Episode Guide | Wiki

Since Season 2 I know about Sheldons fear of birds. Can`t wait to see this episode :D Love the idea.

And Leonard just broke up with Priya so I don`t think he comes back together with Penny so fast I mean that would be a little farfetched and very unusual. `Cause in no series a couple comes back together after one of them just broke up with his/her ex.

But I`m sure L/P will come back together after some Seasons.

This could be the rekindling of the "Lenny"

Glad they're revisiting Sheldon's fear of birds. Will be interesting to see it in full effect :D

So they have l/p just the two of them hanging out when they're not together but when they were together they bascially were in bed together the whole time, make sense, but don't expect them to get together for a while if the get together this season it will be at the end, looks like the writers fixed their mistake of season 3 when they didn't have a life outside of the bedroom

They need to get Penny more acting jobs. Her lack of self esteem was part of her problem with Leonard. If she were successful it would be so much better. For them to get back together, they need to make it unexpected for both of them. It would make such a great season finale / cliff hanger. They are happy, perhaps for Penny getting another acting job, and hugging like friends, but alone this time. Hug goes long and Penny pulls back suddenly and says, "I love you." Shock on Leonard's face. He says his usual, "What?" She says, "I love you, Leonard." Fade to black. Wait until next season to find out if Leonard says it back. Make's me want to cry already, LOL. I feel like I have a touch of the Raj in me.

Well if they got back together this season they would break up again at some point since I see this show lasting more than 7 seasons because then where's the mystery and if they're together for multiple seasons they'd run out of things to do for them the made couple just doesn't stay together for the majority of the show so if they got back together they'd breakup again and wouldn't get back until towards the end of the series, so I see this being drawn out maybe for a couple season remember they didn't get officially together until the third season, but I agree they need to give her more actiong jobs or she finds something else to do besides being a waitress until she gets the big break, because in season 4 she was just in the backdrop basically being jealous of Leonard/priya drinking with Amy/Bernadette at her place talking about them and saying how she misses him and should've never broke up with him, plus prady said the show wasn't going to focus on relationships this season.

I just hope that the continue with penny's career she's yet to mention anything about her acting since the season premier just hope that they continue with it and that's not the only role she got and not decide to feel the need to point out that she's still pursing it and got some more roles but don't have her mention unless it's important to the episode

I believe Sheldon was afraid of chickens of course if he's afraid of that he'd be afraid of birds

This is interesting as another one of Chuck Lorre's characters Charlie Harper also had a fear of birds. It must be a phobia Chuvk either has, or relates to.

I don't mind birds in the air, but cannot stand the idea of them touching me. I too relate to this anxiety!

Matt

Well if they got back together this season they would break up again at some point since I see this show lasting more than 7 seasons because then where's the mystery and if they're together for multiple seasons they'd run out of things to do for them the made couple

This is something I don't agree with. I would like to have them as a couple for the duration - but just as a nice happy background story. We don't need episodes about their "coupleness", but just have them happy together as a background foundation for a bunch of fun geeky / "science"y plotlines.

The thing is that I'd love to get rid of all the relationship drama. Thats not what I liked about the early show, I don't like the current shows primarily because of it, and it is also why I don't watch most of the other shows on TV. TV land is filled with that stuff, so why not have just one show without it?

The big problem at this point though is if they can ever get back together given all of the crap they have saddled the characters with.

Well I see the show going past 7, maybe up to 10 if they did that they would run out of thing for the relationship, I don't remember a show where the main couple were together majority of the year and just because they're both single now doesn't mean they'll get together any time soon, But I agree with you about the background story

Why would they "run out of things" for the relationship. It doesn't have to be about the relationship.

For instance on How I Met Your Mother, Marshall and Lily are happily married, but the show isn't about that - their marriage is just part of the background to the show.

How I meet your mother has never been about them, just saying that if the main couple stayed together for majority of the series then where's the intrgue and they'll become stale plus has the show not become about relationships

I say the show will probably go to 9 maybe. 8 mostlikely though. Depends too on the actors, because if Jim leaves the show will fold. No question.

At shel are there rumors of him leaving? I say if Jim or Kaley leave then it will fold

At shel are there rumors of him leaving? I say if Jim or Kaley leave then it will fold

No, no rumors just saying. If you watched his interview with Craigs people are scared that he will 'retire' early. I sincerely doubt it!

I think thios is Jim Parsons ONLY claim to fame, but seeing that he is a down to earth kind of guy, he'll probably turn these earnings into creating a theater group or maybe he will go on Broadway for a couple of years.

I say kudos, he is not your typical good looking actor, neither is most of the cast save Kunal and Kaley...but you can see what a good actor is when you see them on screen as compared to Kunal,Kaley or Melissa...although Melissa is a great comedianne, she just doesn't seem comfortable on screen when she isn't delivering a line.

I think Galecki is pretty set in life with his work, Kaley's 1st husband will probably squander her money (man I wish I was him...for the $$$ not the blonde) and Parsons/Hedberg hopefully will save their dough as I do not think they will find work after this...outside of cameos

I think Helberg will get plenty of comedy roles, he's probably not leading man material but neither was Steve Carrell until The Office. He has great comic timing and will do well I think. Galecki not sure, Kunal I don't think has the acting chops for film, Kaley can play a blonde well and Parsons as said will probably do great things on Broadway.

Galecki is that guy that keeps on keeping on...I am sure he will be fine

Simon is not your typical Hollywood type so he will probably see some character acting work, until the new character actor comes around

Kaley will be fine and that's what pre nips are for and you don't know that about her husband, the ones that will be fine as for roles will be Kaley, Johnny, kunal and maybe Melissa the rest will be either type caster or hard to find other roles

Galecki and cuoco are set in their work and set for life, others hard to tell

Can hardly wait for this episode. If the pun in the title is right, does it suggest his fear of birds will spread out to other characters ? If so, that might wind up really funny.

My wife is scared of pigeons only esp. when they fly by. But I used to know someone who couldn't get closer than 10 feet to any kind of bird. How bugging is that ?

This is gonna be a fun episode. The sneak peek looks high-larious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pRQrfe1UlY

Can hardly wait for this episode. If the pun in the title is right, does it suggest his fear of birds will spread out to other characters ? If so, that might wind up really funny.

My wife is scared of pigeons only esp. when they fly by. But I used to know someone who couldn't get closer than 10 feet to any kind of bird. How bugging is that ?

I think the pun in the title implies that he'll be "diffusing" his own fear of birds, not spreading it around :D