The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.09 The Ornithophobia Diffusion (Nov. 10)

How would you rate the episode?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I loved this episode..i think it was reaaaaaalllly funny. I love the leonard and penny scenes they wre so funny and wonderful.

The only part I didn't like in this episode is when Penny deliberately turned her attention away from Leonard to talk to the guy at the other table. Even between two friends who aren't on a date, that's still extremely rude. Had I been there and she did that to me, I honestly would have just left her there.

Other than that, the episode was fantastic. LOVED Sheldon's story, and that was a pretty large bird, no wonder Sheldon was frightened at first.

Good episode. I agree with Jacks about the best lines, especially Howard's.

plus Leonard's "He's smart and crazy. He may have actually created a monster."

Plus Sheldon's descriptions about the adequacy of Leonard's dress..especially the wino one.

plus Sheldon with the picture of a cat in front of his face.

plus Leonard "Are we overthinbking this? Sheldon "not at all"

plus Sheldon"what am I thinking?....whiskers"

plus Leonard: "can't see a Jennifer Anniston poster without getting both bored and aroused"

plus Sheldon "if I had a death ray, believe me , i wouldn't be here....etc

plus "I hope Alex get's crabs... the movie"

plus Amy "neither of us minored in bird shooing!" + "just like you did with the mailman"

The L/P scenes were new and interesting. Not very funny though, overall. Plenty of laughs in the ep overall.

That bird was beautiful.

@sterculius.. I prefer my Spock picture :)

I Enjoyed this episode. The line that had me chuckling was Amy F-F with "Looks like you have to have hollow bones to get any sugar around here"

I'm a huge fan of this show, I have all 4 seasons on DVD and taped all the new episodes. After thursday's episode I now have a greater understanding of the Leonard / Penny breakup, It gives me a new perspective on previous episodes. Even though Penny loves these guys she really gets sick of how cowardly they can be. Leonard's spinelessness was what broke up the relationship even though she has loving feelings for him. When Leonard started dating Priya he was growing more confident, that was why Penny got jealous, she wanted confident Leonard but Priya ended up with him.

I now understand why Penny considers Sheldon a friend. No matter how much of a weirdo meanie he can be, I think she's intrigued by his massive ego.

I have to say, that I like the show more and more during this season. The worst part of the show was round season 4 begin season 5, end it is getting better every episode (except a few depth points).

I mostly agree with 4ofN his signature.

About the whole relationship's part, it brings a few more depth in the show. I think the season finale will be something like

Bernadette + Howard   => Wedding

Penny      + Leonard  => Relationship  The fight will be over by than

Amy        + Sheldon  => Something

Ray                   => Lonely, because they need a single

I have to say, that I like the show more and more during this season. The worst part of the show was round season 4 begin season 5, end it is getting better every episode (except a few depth points).

I mostly agree with 4ofN his signature.

About the whole relationship's part, it brings a few more depth in the show. I think the season finale will be something like

Bernadette + Howard   => Wedding

Penny      + Leonard  => Relationship  The fight will be over by than

Amy        + Sheldon  => Something

Ray                   => Lonely, because they need a single

Small change Raj => Lonely because he is a backstabber, lousy friend and is not sure what sex he is. At least he wasn't drunk in the last episode.

Well for one if you're tell a girl you love her and she doesn't say it back you just leave it alone until she's ready, you don't make snide comments or whine like a child and you don't let her just run out of the bowling alley without chasing after and then complain about how she stopped on your heart to all your friends

Of course if penny wants to date a confident guy the last guy she should consider dating is Leonard, you pay him a compliment he puffs out his chest but say something you don't like or do he shulks for days, just look at everytime he saw her with someone guy he'd sulk for days, that's not a guy with alot of self assurance or confidence

I agree with the thing about Sheldon and penny as to why they're such good and close friends, his confidence is one reason they're friends

The reason for Leonard and penny's failed relationship was because he refused to let Penny out of the metaphorical box he designed for her.

Good episode. I agree with Jacks about the best lines, especially Howard's.

plus Leonard's "He's smart and crazy. He may have actually created a monster."

Plus Sheldon's descriptions about the adequacy of Leonard's dress..especially the wino one.

plus Sheldon with the picture of a cat in front of his face.

plus Leonard "Are we overthinbking this? Sheldon "not at all"

plus Sheldon"what am I thinking?....whiskers"

plus Leonard: "can't see a Jennifer Anniston poster without getting both bored and aroused"

plus Sheldon "if I had a death ray, believe me , i wouldn't be here....etc

plus "I hope Alex get's crabs... the movie"

plus Amy "neither of us minored in bird shooing!" + "just like you did with the mailman"

The L/P scenes were new and interesting. Not very funny though, overall. Plenty of laughs in the ep overall.

That bird was beautiful.

@sterculius.. I prefer my Spock picture :)

He said Sandra Bullock not Jennifer Aniston.

While I don't like the show as much anymore, I do find that there are still some jokes that I chuckle at and I do have a desire for Sheldon and Amy, and Leonard and Penny to eventually work out their problems and partner up.

Why the desire for Leonard and Penny to get back together? Penny seems to like Leonard as a friend, but the Penny / Raj thing shows that she doesn't have any deep feelings for him. And now we find out that sex seemed to be the only important thing for Leonard when they were going out.

I don't get why you think that there is some kind of romantic future in it for those two.

Guest histerija

While I don't like the show as much anymore, I do find that there are still some jokes that I chuckle at and I do have a desire for Sheldon and Amy, and Leonard and Penny to eventually work out their problems and partner up.

Why the desire for Leonard and Penny to get back together? Penny seems to like Leonard as a friend, but the Penny / Raj thing shows that she doesn't have any deep feelings for him. And now we find out that sex seemed to be the only important thing for Leonard when they were going out.

I don't get why you think that there is some kind of romantic future in it for those two.

i agree.

if your best friend was in the same situation as penny, would you tell her to go back to her ex? really?!

if penny was my best friend and she would tell me something like- he said that everything he's done for me was just to have sex with me, he's completely insecure, but he could act like he's confident just for me.. and i almost slept with his friend. and recently he asked me for advice about cheating on his girlfriend. but he loves me!

if people in RL could just go back together after all those problems, then nobody would every get divorced, because if penny and leonard are a good couple, then everyone is a good couple!

There has to be a romantic future in it between Leonard and Penny. They have been building it up for the first 4 seasons. They can't just have thrown that all out the window. They probably just had Leonard saying that it was all about sex because one of the writers thought that would be funny. Just think about the Penny / Raj thing - the writers seem to be trying to just pretend that didn't happen. I mean the other characters hardly reacted at all. Maybe its the same with Leonard - sure he said it was all about sex, but next episode, we'll just be expected to pretend that he didn't say that either.

There has to be a romantic future in it between Leonard and Penny. They have been building it up for the first 4 seasons. They can't just have thrown that all out the window. They probably just had Leonard saying that it was all about sex because one of the writers thought that would be funny. Just think about the Penny / Raj thing - the writers seem to be trying to just pretend that didn't happen. I mean the other characters hardly reacted at all. Maybe its the same with Leonard - sure he said it was all about sex, but next episode, we'll just be expected to pretend that he didn't say that either.

Even in real life, when a couple love each other, the man is often thinking of how to keep her happy so they can have sex. Women have a bad habit of taking sex off the table for very little things. Leonard doing that with Penny didn't mean all she was to him was sex. He loves her but still had to walk the walk or forget the dance. It's good that Penny had to confront that. She obviously never saw that aspect of a relationship.

Guest histerija

Even in real life, when a couple love each other, the man is often thinking of how to keep her happy so they can have sex. Women have a bad habit of taking sex off the table for very little things. Leonard doing that with Penny didn't mean all she was to him was sex. He loves her but still had to walk the walk or forget the dance. It's good that Penny had to confront that. She obviously never saw that aspect of a relationship.

if that would be the only problem between those two..

- she didn't want to be with him for the first 2 years

- in the 3rd season, she couldn't tell him that she loved him after an almost year long relationship

- their first kiss was when penny was drunk and in a fight with her boyfriend

- they almost had sex when they were drunk and angry about their mother/father

- their first time was just "okay" and "fine"- even for him!!

- he pushed her to say that she loved him

....etc.....

oh yeah, and they broke up a year ago.. what sort of people go back to their ex-es and want to repair things?

and how much change would need both penny and leonard just for their relationship to work out? i don't think that normal people are willing to change so much, just to try to reanimate a dead relationship.

maybe all these things are normal in some relationships, but if all those problems come in just 1 relationship, then i think there's no hope. why push something so wrong and broken as the relationship between penny and leonard?

or is that the new norm for romance and love?

Look, get over it okay? The show is all about "growth" and "depth" and "complexity" now. Initially there was just a little bit of growth with Penny growing to appreciate Leonard's world and move on from some of the less desirable things about her character, and for Leonard it was about him growing more socially mature due to Penny's influence. It was as if they were having the characters grow towards each other so that they could eventually be together. But now the growth has kicked into overdrive and the characters are building up a history that just seems incompatible to me. Sure its a show and there are little inconsistencies between episodes, but the big picture story is important and you just can't pretend that their history didn't happen.

Well in real life it would have stopped after the sex being "okay", they wouldn't continue to to do it to see if improves, I agree in real life they would agree to be just friends if maybe this happend after a couple months after breaking up why would they even re hash this not realistic, the writers are so blind that they're pushing this no matter how broken the relationship appears, she doesn't love him so why even rehash things at least be a little realistic, plus a guy like Leonard if he gets a chance with penny gets one chance not multiple ones. This relationship is so flawed.

I don't see the point in relationship growth when there's no need except the writers pushing this when the bring out the worst in one another, I could see relationship growth when the were together or this time in season 4 why would a couple do this when they hadn't been together in over a year and had moved on.

Look, get over it okay? The show is all about "growth" and "depth" and "complexity" now. Initially there was just a little bit of growth with Penny growing to appreciate Leonard's world and move on from some of the less desirable things about her character, and for Leonard it was about him growing more socially mature due to Penny's influence. It was as if they were having the characters grow towards each other so that they could eventually be together. But now the growth has kicked into overdrive and the characters are building up a history that just seems incompatible to me. Sure its a show and there are little inconsistencies between episodes, but the big picture story is important and you just can't pretend that their history didn't happen.

Yeah, you're right. cbolt is right. histerija is right.

It's just too bad. The characters used to be charming. Now they are... well... whatever.

I'm not sure if Leonard loved penny for who she was or just over that he had a hot blonde girlfriend who would have sex with him, hence the psychic episode where he was considering breaking up with her and Howard convinced him that he'd be alone and his perfect girl didn't exist, if they wanted personal growth with them they should've done it when they were together and explain the attraction to one another instead of basically had them in bed together or make out they didn't show these dates that Leonard talked about once when they dated, or had this episode early in season 4 before priya made an apperance, I believe to much time has passed for this is to be special, to much time passed between their break up and this episode when penny and Leonard had little interaction before priya, but the l/p fans won't care if 10 years pass asong as they get together even if that's not realistic

Guest histerija

i think that the writers wrote their relationship so bad on purpose- maybe because they thought that leonard and penny would be too boring together and they wanted to "make things a little interesting and complicated" or because they wanted for them to break up so that the fans can cry how they want them back together again..

or maybe the whole leonard/penny things was meant to distract us from something else.

because if the writers really wanted to show them as "the perfect couple" of the show, their first sex would be great, their first date would be great, their relationship would be full of love and respect and everything..they wouldn't make their whole relationship a disaster.

leonard was much nicer and had much better scenes with penny before they were together!

i think that the writers wrote their relationship so bad on purpose- maybe because they thought that leonard and penny would be too boring together and they wanted to "make things a little interesting and complicated" or because they wanted for them to break up so that the fans can cry how they want them back together again..

or maybe the whole leonard/penny things was meant to distract us from something else.

because if the writers really wanted to show them as "the perfect couple" of the show, their first sex would be great, their first date would be great, their relationship would be full of love and respect and everything..they wouldn't make their whole relationship a disaster.

leonard was much nicer and had much better scenes with penny before they were together!

Well if they wanted them to be "the perfect couple" they could've still made the first date better but make it where she wasn't in the right place to get with him then or their first time but they still had them together after that and yet somehow the sex was good or perceived to be good from here on after that, they still could've been "the perfect couple" but had ups and downs and still broken up like him getting to serious for her, but instead they messed it up they knew how to write for them the first two seasons but when they got together they couldn't figure out what to do with them without making it about them. I agree that Leonard was nicer before he got with her he's no longer the nice guy that penny gave a chance to. I don't think they d wrote them bad on purpose so if they broke them up, but I don't think they're thinking that far ahead but I just don't think they knew what do after they were a couple.

Guest histerija

Well if they wanted them to be "the perfect couple" they could've still made the first date better but make it where she wasn't in the right place to get with him then or their first time but they still had them together after that and yet somehow the sex was good or perceived to be good from here on after that, they still could've been "the perfect couple" but had ups and downs and still broken up like him getting to serious for her, but instead they messed it up they knew how to write for them the first two seasons but when they got together they couldn't figure out what to do with them without making it about them. I agree that Leonard was nicer before he got with her he's no longer the nice guy that penny gave a chance to. I don't think they d wrote them bad on purpose so if they broke them up, but I don't think they're thinking that far ahead but I just don't think they knew what do after they were a couple.

i don't think that the writers don't know what and how to write. ok, sometimes..some episodes are better than others..but not knowing how to write their relationship a whole season long? i'm not buying that.

how could they write a good relationship between howard and bernadette?

of course, it would be too boring if they had written a perfect fairy tale relationship between leonard and penny, but this?! this was too bad.. so bad that it can't be just a lack of inspiration. it can't!