The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.09 The Ornithophobia Diffusion (Nov. 10)

How would you rate the episode?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Well then how to you explain penny/Leonard I'm just not buying that they wrote them bad on purpose that's worse than a lack of inspiration, as for Howard/Bernadette maybe because they're not the focal couple

4ofN are you arguing with yourself?

Show has broken you, huh? Man...see Lorre and Prady, you made on eof us go insane! and we don't even need to get him tested

Guest histerija

Well then how to you explain penny/Leonard I'm just not buying that they wrote them bad on purpose that's worse than a lack of inspiration, as for Howard/Bernadette maybe because they're not the focal couple

maybe they were just together, so thatwe can say- ok, they tried, but it didn't work. (i would say that that was penny's reason to get involved with leonard)

or that they can both learn something from the relationship.

I realize that this is just a tv sitcom, but I do enjoy it. So, I will give my thoughts on the Leonard and Penny situation.

I have always viewed them as very "damaged" - neither one of them know what love is or how to express it beyond sex. Both L and P's upbringing were not normal. Penny could not get her dad to except her, and Leonard couldn't get his mom to even hug him.

So, I see there relationship the first time around as damaged itself. Neither one of them has grown to the point that they know how to handle a real relationship. I was hoping that they would do that together. To me, the L/P relationship is the heart of the show. There is a lot of other stuff going on, but the center is L/P. For me, without the L/P possibility, the show really loses its direction and real enjoyment. I know they have done some things that make it seem very difficult for them to get past it; however, I think, if they both realize how damaged they have been - it is stil possible.

If, along the way, they don't get together, I will feel that i have wasted a lot of time.

Just my opinion...Thanks.

• Like 1

I realize that this is just a tv sitcom, but I do enjoy it. So, I will give my thoughts on the Leonard and Penny situation.

I have always viewed them as very "damaged" - neither one of them know what love is or how to express it beyond sex. Both L and P's upbringing were not normal. Penny could not get her dad to except her, and Leonard couldn't get his mom to even hug him.

So, I see there relationship the first time around as damaged itself. Neither one of them has grown to the point that they know how to handle a real relationship. I was hoping that they would do that together. To me, the L/P relationship is the heart of the show. There is a lot of other stuff going on, but the center is L/P. For me, without the L/P possibility, the show really loses its direction and real enjoyment. I know they have done some things that make it seem very difficult for them to get past it; however, I think, if they both realize how damaged they have been - it is stil possible.

If, along the way, they don't get together, I will feel that i have wasted a lot of time.

Just my opinion...Thanks.

I really like your opinion :)

Well if they're relationship was damanged the first time why would they even get back together no matter how much they changed

Guest histerija

To me, the L/P relationship is the heart of the show. There is a lot of other stuff going on, but the center is L/P. For me, without the L/P possibility, the show really loses its direction and real enjoyment. I know they have done some things that make it seem very difficult for them to get past it; however, I think, if they both realize how damaged they have been - it is stil possible.

i don't think the sitcom is about Leonard and Penny.

it's about nerds and a normal girl. it isn't just about relationships.

if the series would be about L & P, they would call it L & P, like many other shows and movies have a couple as title.

Well if they're relationship was damanged the first time why would they even get back together no matter how much they changed

a) the writers don't want them to go back together and that's why they wrote their relationship so bad

B) the writers don't know what they're doing

c) they really think their relationship isn't that bad and that all normal couples have some problems to deal with, but they're so blind to unsee how huge their problems really are

d) they're experimenting with a new sick sort of "romance" to see if people will like it

4ofN are you arguing with yourself?

Show has broken you, huh? Man...see Lorre and Prady, you made on eof us go insane! and we don't even need to get him tested

In another thread I mentioned I was of two minds about things, so I thought I'd take it to the next level.

It actually helps to get your ideas down on paper - kind of like a pro and con list when making a decision. The problem is that I have (or perhaps now "had") this nostalgic feeling about the show and a desire for things to get back to the old dynamic, but I just have to admit that it can't go back to the way it was. "You can't cross the same river twice" and all that. No, its a new show now. I don't like it as much as the old one, but I'll see if I can find a way to like the new characters.

a) the writers don't want them to go back together and that's why they wrote their relationship so bad

B) the writers don't know what they're doing

c) they really think their relationship isn't that bad and that all normal couples have some problems to deal with, but they're so blind to unsee how huge their problems really are

d) they're experimenting with a new sick sort of "romance" to see if people will like it

I have said it before, and will say it again, Molaro says there is no grand plan. They write the show one episode at a time. If they have a good idea they think will work, they go with it. They don't really consider how it effects the back story. Leonard and Penny got broken up, most likely, because they had a great idea for a show and it involved Will Wheaton breaking them up to win a bowling match. The, "I love you...Thank you," exchange probably got written to set up the end of that episode. It's like building roads by following a drunk. The end result may not get you where you thought you were going. They will put Leonard and Penny back together, or not, based on an idea for a single show.

@ histerija not sure how this "new" form of romance is what people one where the nerd was never the nice guy he's worse than all of her jerk boyfriends combined and that the only reason he did anything with her is because he knew it would lead to sex and treated nothing more than to plug his ego into her warm hole, that's not a relationship and I Leonard never loved her or the first thing about being in one.

Guest histerija

I have said it before, and will say it again, Molaro says there is no grand plan. They write the show one episode at a time. If they have a good idea they think will work, they go with it. They don't really consider how it effects the back story. Leonard and Penny got broken up, most likely, because they had a great idea for a show and it involved Will Wheaton breaking them up to win a bowling match. The, "I love you...Thank you," exchange probably got written to set up the end of that episode. It's like building roads by following a drunk. The end result may not get you where you thought you were going. They will put Leonard and Penny back together, or not, based on an idea for a single show.

maybe it's true, but maybe they don't want to say anything.

and ok, if they wrote everything episode by episode.. but if they really wanted to show us what a great couple leonard and penny are, then they wouldn't make them fight episode by episode.. they would probably think something like- hey, they had a fight last week, let's show them doing something nice and enjoying their time witch each other..

Well if l/p fans thought that they might get back together, the writers squashed those dreams, if they ever decide to put them back I'm not sure they should but if they do, stop having Leonard being a jerk

this isn't the nice guy that penny gave a chance, this is guy that only dated penny because she was pretty and blonde and would have sex with him and it was his right to have sex with his gf, he doesn't know who really penny is or maybe he is this guy but hid it from her because of his insecruities he's lucky that she gave him that many chances in reality in would had ended after the first date that wasn't terrible but not great either. If the choose to put them back he needs to grow up(even though he's probably at least 30 or almost) and treat penny like a gf and a person and not some cheap whore that lets him stick his ego into a warm hole.

Guest histerija

Well if l/p fans thought that they might get back together, the writers squashed those dreams, if they ever decide to put them back I'm not sure they should but if they do, stop having Leonard being a jerk

this isn't the nice guy that penny gave a chance, this is guy that only dated penny because she was pretty and blonde and would have sex with him and it was his right to have sex with his gf, he doesn't know who really penny is or maybe he is this guy but hid it from her because of his insecruities he's lucky that she gave him that many chances in reality in would had ended after the first date that wasn't terrible but not great either. If the choose to put them back he needs to grow up(even though he's probably at least 30 or almost) and treat penny like a gf and a person and not some cheap whore that lets him stick his ego into a warm hole.

i agree with you about everything.. but somehow a lot of people have the idea of l/p ingrown in their brain since the start of the show and they don't see how bad they are for each other.

but maybe i'm blind and i just don't see how perfect they are for each other :icon_eek:

I agree to the l/p Leonard can do no wrong to them no matter how he treats her, I just don't see it at times in the past I thought they could be a great couple but either the show or writers didn't go there, plus after this episode I would think they going to be together again, just don't see them perfect for one another if anything it's the opposite they bring out the worst for one another, I agree people are blind and have l/p in their brain since the pilot but Leonard is no longer that guy anymore, they should give penny a new man.

I agree to the l/p Leonard can do no wrong to them no matter how he treats her, I just don't see it at times in the past I thought they could be a great couple but either the show or writers didn't go there, plus after this episode I would think they going to be together again, just don't see them perfect for one another if anything it's the opposite they bring out the worst for one another, I agree people are blind and have l/p in their brain since the pilot but Leonard is no longer that guy anymore, they should give penny a new man.

Oh good lord you don't mean that. Another character added to water down the show? We hardly see any of Howard and Raj now. We don't need a permanent boyfriend for Penny. That would also mean another permanent girlfriend for Leonard.

Don't say what I mean or not, it's just an idea I mean come on a hot chick like that being single for that long, and I don't mean that her bf would on the show alot or would take away from the others, maybe makes an apperance from time to time and she mentions him with the gang, and Leonard just broke up with priya who goes to long without a girl gets depressed like he wouldn't be trying to get another

did anyone else think it was strange that at the end of the episode when Sheldon shows Leonard the bird nest and egg, he says, "I'm a mommy"/"I'm going to be a mommy"... he says mommy and not daddy. lol.

did anyone else think it was strange that at the end of the episode when Sheldon shows Leonard the bird nest and egg, he says, "I'm a mommy"/"I'm going to be a mommy"... he says mommy and not daddy. lol.

I thought that was the joke. He really had started feeling THAT caring about the bird, he liked to think of himself as mommy. :)

I thought that was the joke. He really had started feeling THAT caring about the bird, he liked to think of himself as mommy. :)

but why not a daddy? :icon_lol:

but why not a daddy? :icon_lol:

I'm beginning to feel like Sheldon trying to explain a joke. :icon_confused:

I'm beginning to feel like Sheldon trying to explain a joke. :icon_confused:

actually, Sheldon is much too literal.

female birds lay eggs. did Sheldon lay the egg? no.

therefore he's not the "mommy".

(btw, I'm just saying this light heartedly. I'm not asking the actual reasoning behind it).

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

He's the one incubating the eggs. Usually is the female bird the one that does, not the male bird. Therefore, he's the "mommy"

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

See, physicists are always ready with the actual reasoning. :)

It's only logical :)

I think the real point to the egg is this. We have never heard mention of it again. That is so indicative of the way this show is written. It was a joke, they put it in, and they forgot about it. The series is full of these loose ends. Not complaining, just pointing it out. Each episode is an island and it's connection to the rest is tenuous at best.