The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.09 The Ornithophobia Diffusion (Nov. 10)

How would you rate the episode?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

did anyone else think it was strange that at the end of the episode when Sheldon shows Leonard the bird nest and egg, he says, "I'm a mommy"/"I'm going to be a mommy"... he says mommy and not daddy. lol.

Because Sheldon has fond memories and feelings of his mother but not his father?

did anyone else think it was strange that at the end of the episode when Sheldon shows Leonard the bird nest and egg, he says, "I'm a mommy"/"I'm going to be a mommy"... he says mommy and not daddy. lol.

Because Sheldon has fond memories and feelings of his mother but not his father?

Interesting point. Could be, that he unconsciously sees only 'mommy' as a caregiver.

Interesting point. Could be, that he unconsciously sees only 'mommy' as a caregiver.

They made it kind of clear that Sheldon's Dad was a drinker and that he cheated on his wife. Maybe that colors Sheldon's perception.

They made it kind of clear that Sheldon's Dad was a drinker and that he cheated on his wife. Maybe that colors Sheldon's perception.

I agree, that's what I was getting at.

hello!

anyone knows the song in background play when leo&penny start discuss with laura in the pub in the 5x09 ornithophobia diffusion episode? thanks anyway

Omg, I just saw the part where Sheldon used the thingy on the window, I swear I had to pause it, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, so funny!!

I just noticed something in this episode.  When Penny points to the group of girls she tells Leonard he should go talk to (and he says he's scared), Laura is one of the women at the table.  Evidently he couldn't have been too scared or he'd developed some confidence.  :)

• Like 1

L/P trying to be friends, did not go so well.

but penny did like a more confident leonard

On 9/12/2014 at 3:55 AM, Tensor said:

Evidently he couldn't have been too scared or he'd developed some confidence.  :)

Maybe Laura's friends departed, leaving Laura on her own.

45 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe Laura's friends departed, leaving Laura on her own.

No, they were still there in the background shots.