Would you like to see Amy cut as a character?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Amy cut as a character?

• Yes.
    • Yes, she's spoiling the show.
    • No.
    • No, she's my favourite character.

I would be little concerned if they got rid of Amy. Alarm bells would certainly sound because you can bet your bottom dollar they would give him another girlfriend. A 'normal' girl would ruin the character. He'd have to learn to be a 'proper' boyfriend. Week after week of compromise and growing. It makes me shudder at the thought. Amy preserves Sheldon and change is painstaking slow. I'd just prefer that.

If a normal gf would ruin Sheldon then what is happening to him now.

Sheldon is calling the shots in this relationship. I have no idea how I will feel after Thursday's episode though… but so far, he's relatively unchanged. Amy asks very little of him. She's low maintenance romantically, compared to what a regular woman would expect. I would be disappointed if the writers attempted to put him into a relationship that demanded too much of him. Trying to turn him into a 'real' boy. I guess we'll see after Thursday... I may have a new view. :icon_neutral:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Amy a lot, she makes a great foil for Sheldon, and oddly enough, a good foil for Penny (that BFF 'crush' Amy has on Penny is, IMO more in admiration for Penny's affability, rather than anything

They are not going to make the Shamy break up, in my opinion. They may have a fight or something, and even break up for a little while, but that will probably be it. If anything, this whole season has been slowly hinting that something is going to happen between them. I don't think it will be sex yet, but I think there will some something like sheldon kissing her. I don't care for amy's comments toward Penny, either, but I like her in the show and I don't think she is going anywhere.

Yes, sheldon's character has changed some, but I still like the show, and I think it is still good.

For one I speak the truth and Leonard admitted that, Amy is ruining sheldn the bird episode is an example who he really be doing something as ridiculous as that season 1-3, as for the girlfriend question is because penny pushed him in that direction and he probably he would also lose her as a friend, and yeah the reason they get along is because they are so alike, and it would not be believeable he told her I love you now they might as well have sex right after that, I think he doesn't look at her like that and if she's not being crude to penny she's being crude to someone else, and when they break up if they hinting is any clue I'll be the first one on here saying I told you so.

1. The Leonard issue, that belongs to another thread, just a comparison: Sheldon had mentioned at least twice this season his desire to kill someone, does that make him a murderer?

2. In the bird episode what exactly Amy did to "ruin" Sheldon's character besides of being present (because he called her) while he did the whole ornitophobia breakdown?

3. So, according to you, Sheldon is Amy's girlfriend "because Penny told him so" sorry but, :icon_lol:

For the record, not just Penny, but everyone around (Leonard, Howard and Raj) was telling him that he had to come to terms with his feelings and go after her, seeing how jealous he was because of her date with Stuart. Also, how exactly would he lose Penny as a friend otherwise? Amy was primarly a friend of his, not Penny's, would Howard lose Penny as a friend if he broke up with Bernardette? I don't think it works that way.

4. He gets along wiht Amy because (romantic feelings aside) they feel true empathy for each other, not because they are "so much alike", it could be a factor, but not the only one. Sheldon met that genius kid that was VERY much like him (before getting into girls), and he hated him, remember?

5. I agree with BazingaFan, I don't see a definitive breakup in the foreseeable future. This is myself wishful thinking, yes, but also, objectively speaking, they decided to keep Amy back ago, even when she was getting much more rejection, now, according to the ratings, those who watch the show do like them together (every one of the episodes revolving around them have had great numbers), so I wish and think they are planning to keep her and to keep them together.

So, go ahead. Don't worry, I promise I won't be giving you the look of haughty derision after every little positive step they make them take :icon_wink:

Cbolt, with full respect, but for someone who is all the time bashing Leonard because "all he wants is sex", you surely give too much relevance to the physical aspect of the Sheldon/Amy relationship :icon_wink:

From your comments I understand there are some things you simply don't want to see/accept, and It's okay, your choice. But there are other people out there (like me) that can see the hints of genuine affection/love they are developing. They have good communication, share interests and care for each other, he doesn't want other men around Amy, feels the obligation to take care of her, asks for her opinion and is even willing to apologize because he wants to continue being her boyfriend. They are as good as any other couple (in fact, they are the most balanced couple of the series, IMHO), practically their only lack is the physical aspect. Once I read a quote (not sure if from Lorre or Steve Molaro) that said something like: "They have a real relationship, just not a sexual one"

As HeWolf said, he has no problem with Amy's touch, except when it comes to sex (he let her hold her hand, doesn't freak out at her kisses, danced with her). It's nothewhorty that the only one that ever attempted to get close to him this way is Amy, so, it's not fair to say that it's something he has against her, or that he doesn't really love her, because there's no point of comparison. I'll bet that, if any other woman/person tried to make sexual advances on him, his reactions would be the same or much worse.

I think the writers are slowly leading to some more physical affection between them, I'm not saying right into sex (it would be too shocking). They are taking their time with them. Sheldon has been rejecting touching and emotional attatchment for 30 years, he's not gonna turn into a sex-machine overnight, it wouldn't be believable and would go directly against the character.

And you said he had let other women enter his life, for one reason or another, that's true, but the only one he has cared enough to want to make her his girlfriend is Amy. That's telling, don't you think?

As I said, you are in your full right to dislike Amy and to think she is ruining Sheldon, I completely disagree. I really like her, by herself, and I think her relationship with Sheldon makes things more interesting and fun.

For one I speak the truth and Leonard admitted that, Amy is ruining sheldn the bird episode is an example who he really be doing something as ridiculous as that season 1-3, as for the girlfriend question is because penny pushed him in that direction and he probably he would also lose her as a friend, and yeah the reason they get along is because they are so alike, and it would not be believeable he told her I love you now they might as well have sex right after that, I think he doesn't look at her like that and if she's not being crude to penny she's being crude to someone else, and when they break up if they hinting is any clue I'll be the first one on here saying I told you so.

As for ruining the Sheldon character all I have to say is - "Fun with Flags". The defense rests.

Oh yeah that to.

I would be little concerned if they got rid of Amy. Alarm bells would certainly sound because you can bet your bottom dollar they would give him another girlfriend. A 'normal' girl would ruin the character. He'd have to learn to be a 'proper' boyfriend. Week after week of compromise and growing. It makes me shudder at the thought. Amy preserves Sheldon and change is painstaking slow. I'd just prefer that.

If a normal gf would ruin Sheldon then what is happening to him now.

Sheldon is calling the shots in this relationship. I have no idea how I will feel after Thursday's episode though… but so far, he's relatively unchanged. Amy asks very little of him. She's low maintenance romantically, compared to what a regular woman would expect. I would be disappointed if the writers attempted to put him into a relationship that demanded too much of him. Trying to turn him into a 'real' boy. I guess we'll see after Thursday... I may have a new view. :icon_neutral:

I agree he doesn't care about her achievement at work and tts her a tiara and all is forgiven.

1. The Leonard issue, that belongs to another thread, just a comparison: Sheldon had mentioned at least twice this season his desire to kill someone, does that make him a murderer?

2. In the bird episode what exactly Amy did to "ruin" Sheldon's character besides of being present (because he called her) while he did the whole ornitophobia breakdown?

3. So, according to you, Sheldon is Amy's girlfriend "because Penny told him so" sorry but, :icon_lol:

For the record, not just Penny, but everyone around (Leonard, Howard and Raj) was telling him that he had to come to terms with his feelings and go after her, seeing how jealous he was because of her date with Stuart. Also, how exactly would he lose Penny as a friend otherwise? Amy was primarly a friend of his, not Penny's, would Howard lose Penny as a friend if he broke up with Bernardette? I don't think it works that way.

4. He gets along wiht Amy because (romantic feelings aside) they feel true empathy for each other, not because they are "so much alike", it could be a factor, but not the only one. Sheldon met that genius kid that was VERY much like him (before getting into girls), and he hated him, remember?

5. I agree with BazingaFan, I don't see a definitive breakup in the foreseeable future. This is myself wishful thinking, yes, but also, objectively speaking, they decided to keep Amy back ago, even when she was getting much more rejection, now, according to the ratings, those who watch the show do like them together (every one of the episodes revolving around them have had great numbers), so I wish and think they are planning to keep her and to keep them together.

So, go ahead. Don't worry, I promise I won't be giving you the look of haughty derision after every little positive step they make them take :icon_wink:

1. You mentioned Leonard first and he admitted told penny so and Sheldon would be a murderer is if he only killed someone.

2. Okay maybe the better statement should be the writers are ruining him since they've been together and that is not something Sheldon would've done and fun is flags in another example.

3. Actually Sheldon values her opinon over the guys and he asked out Penny before penny told to yo get Amy and that was the last person he talked to before he went to go get Amy.

4. That's because they're so similiar of course they have interests.

5. Don't count on it.

3. Actually Sheldon values her opinon over the guys and he asked out Penny before penny told to yo get Amy and that was the last person he talked to before he went to go get Amy.

If he really valued Penny's opinion over the other guys then why was she the last person he spoke to about the situation? He went to Penny out of sheer desperation over what was happening. He was so concerned about the possibility that he would lose Amy that he did something he would ordinarily never do and that was ask Penny out on date for no other reason then to attempt to make Amy jealous the same way he was feeling due to Stuart. Penny instantly recognizes this and calls him out on it, after reluctantly admitting as much Penny than tells him to strap on a pair and tell Amy how he feels.

If he really valued Penny's opinion over the other guys then why was she the last person he spoke to about the situation? He went to Penny out of sheer desperation over what was happening. He was so concerned about the possibility that he would lose Amy that he did something he would ordinarily never do and that was ask Penny out on date for no other reason then to attempt to make Amy jealous the same way he was feeling due to Stuart. Penny instantly recognizes this and calls him out on it, after reluctantly admitting as much Penny than tells him to strap on a pair and tell Amy how he feels.

Well he was planning on asking her out until penny saw what was going on and desperate times you ask the one you trust the most, why does he ask penny about any social interaction then? Because he values her opinion and she knows more about it than anyone he knows.

As for ruining the Sheldon character all I have to say is - "Fun with Flags". The defense rests.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this ^^^ lol. So true. :icon_cheesygrin:

'Fun was flags' was badly written, you can't blame the characters for that. In fact Amy came across slightly better than Sheldon, but I can't see how either actors could have improved it on the whole. It was just a stinker. Another bad scene was the 'wood' scene with Sheldon, Raj and Howard. There's been a couple of 'stinkers' this season but most of it, thankfully has been great.

Fun with flags was so bad because it seemed so out of character for Sheldon (and Amy). Sheldon has had a couple of opportunites to teach on the show and has always made it clear that he sees it as tedious. The idea that he would devote so much time to a project that, at it's core, was to provide a learning opportunity for others is hard to see. Even if it is described as educational entertainment.

The 'wood' jokes were juvenile and they pushed it too far. But it was in keeping with the Howard and Raj we all know, and some of us love.

Fun with flags was so bad because it seemed so out of character for Sheldon (and Amy). Sheldon has had a couple of opportunites to teach on the show and has always made it clear that he sees it as tedious. The idea that he would devote so much time to a project that, at it's core, was to provide a learning opportunity for others is hard to see. Even if it is described as educational entertainment.

The 'wood' jokes were juvenile and they pushed it too far. But it was in keeping with the Howard and Raj we all know, and some of us love.

The 'wood' scene wasn't quite as awful as fun with flags but they seemed to be padding out the show with it. I normally like Raj and Howard messing with Sheldon. It's possible the writers may have wanted to make it ruder, but couldn't get away with it and so it ended up flat.

I'd like to see how Sheldon's mom would react to Amy. Time to bring her back for an episode.

Well she would probably splash holy water on her and that would be then end of that and the comments.

I liked her in season 4, no she's just crude.

While I understand what they are doing with her character, I have to admit I liked Amy as a female Sheldon more than I like 'right now' Amy. It is still fun watching her change. Just wish they would have someone explain to her that the come-ons to Penny are not appropriate.

While I understand what they are doing with her character, I have to admit I liked Amy as a female Sheldon more than I like 'right now' Amy. It is still fun watching her change. Just wish they would have someone explain to her that the come-ons to Penny are not appropriate.

I agree. I liked her at first, now she's gotten creepy.

I agree. I liked her at first, now she's gotten creepy.

I find some of her remarks funny myself but they seems to be universally unpopular with fans and I wouldn't miss it if they stopped her from doing it.

At the risk of sounding patronizing - @HeWolf, @sarah7, @Moonbase, bravo. Keep going. :)

:icon_arrow::icon_arrow::icon_cheesygrin::icon_arrow::icon_arrow::icon_cheesygrin:

I find some of her remarks funny myself but they seems to be universally unpopular with fans and I wouldn't miss it if they stopped her from doing it.

Oh, I believe they'll phase that out somehow, sooner or later, in favor of a healthier Amy/Penny relationship. I have a strong feeling that the writers lurk on these boards. ;)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

So far, 75% of the highest rated episodes of the season have been Amy storylines. I don't think Ratings mean everything but I'm sure this means something.

That being said.- I freakin' ADORE HER. Favorite character, she left Sheldon as a close (but not that close) second

So far, 75% of the highest rated episodes of the season have been Amy storylines. I don't think Ratings mean everything but I'm sure this means something.

That being said.- I freakin' ADORE HER. Favorite character, she left Sheldon as a close (but not that close) second

The shows popularity has grown the last few years I see the same popularity with or without her, i was watching TBBT on TBS last night season 4 and I like her there she's hillaroous but right now she's just perverted, but I believe in time it'll be phased out and will go back to her being that way again, just hope it's sooner rather than later.

It's hard to explain why, but I really don't like Sheldon's scenes with Amy. I think Sheldon works best as a character when he's the odd man out -- it highlights his uniqueness and makes his weird behavior rather "adorkable." But with Amy around, Sheldon's behavior looks more selfish, egotistical by comparison to her. I liked them fine when they were just friends hanging out, but the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing has robbed him of a lot of his "spark," IMHO.