Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock....

Rock Paper Scissors has been part of our culture for so long now that I suspect it is becomming part of genetic memory, however:

Whilst 4 of the 5 hand jestures for this game are obvious, can some one tell me how to do "Lizard"?

Is this a dumb question?

Y'all decide. :icon_cheesygrin:

Hope this one helps :icon_cheesygrin:

LizardSpock.jpg

The rules of Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock are as follows:

Rock crushes scissors

Paper covers rock

Scissors cut paper

Lizard poisons Spock

Spock smashes scissors

Rock crushes lizard

Paper disproves Spock

Scissors decapitate lizard

Lizard eats paper

Spock vaporizes rock

There are ten possible pairings of the five gestures, where each gesture beats two of the other gestures and is beaten by the remaining two.

Still enjoy watching the taping for Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock...

The first few times I saw this I kept wondering to myself "If they keep throwing up Spock, and they're aware of the other items that might beat Spock, why then do they continue to throw Spock?" and then I realized that it is most likely to make a joke in regards to Sheldon's initial objection to the standard version of the game; that players familiar with each other will often tie given the limited amount of outcomes.

• 3 months later...

The funniest combination is Paper disproves Spock. And it is also funny that they all do Spock not only because they should be able to predict that the other players will do Spock, but because issuing the paper that disproves Spock, a famous scientist of the future, would be a triumph for any of them.

On the other hand, maybe they all have too much reverence for Spock, and as a result, no one will ever do Paper and risk disproving him.

Still, it's fun to picture Sheldon jumping up and down afterward crowing, "My paper disproved Spock!"

But the one that doesn't make sense is Lizard eats Paper. Never ever would a lizard eat paper. I could see Spock eating a paper before I could see a lizard doing it (especially if eating the paper would keep the paper from disproving him).

Lizard poops on Paper might be more plausible.

But the one that doesn't make sense is Lizard eats Paper. Never ever would a lizard eat paper. I could see Spock eating a paper before I could see a lizard doing it (especially if eating the paper would keep the paper from disproving him).

Lizard poops on Paper might be more plausible.

LOL:icon_lol:

• 2 weeks later...

And at the speed Jim gets up too, in 'The Rothman Disintergration'? It's brutal!

Super impressive! Especially since I remember him commenting on having to do it the first time... he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done for the show. I felt really proud for him, haha.

And at the speed Jim gets up too, in 'The Rothman Disintergration'? It's brutal!

Super impressive! Especially since I remember him commenting on having to do it the first time... he said it was the hardest thing he's ever done for the show. I felt really proud for him, haha.

And to remember the rest of the script... He's just brilliant! I'm sure it took a few tries though.