How many girlfriends?

unbelievably thick

Well, only some of the "hook-ups" seem unbelievable. Going from the list:

LEONARD

1. Joyce Kim - she was only getting close to Leonard to get info on government-secret rocket fuel that Leonard was researching.

2. Girl with Ph.D in French Literature - she was only mentioned once by Sheldon and we never see her, so impossible to comment. We can only guess that she had at least a considerable amount of intelligence.

3. Leslie Winkle - sleeps around anyway, and she has knowledge of physics and speaks on a similar intellectual level as the guys. She's also known Leonard for some time as well, since they're colleagues.

4. Dr. Stephanie Barnett - is a doctor, but is clingy and has quirks that would turn guys off. (buying them bird sweaters, polyester pants, etc.) Granted, it was hard for me to believe that they would make out in the car right after meeting for the first time.

5. Penny - friends for 2 years, she got a chance to know him and not just look at his appearance/hobbies. They don't seem to have too many interests in common though, aside from enjoying sex. In some episodes they do try to work out these differences though.

6. Dr. Plimpton - physicist, but would sleep with anyone.

7. Mrs. Latham - old and probably just looks for flings where she can get them.

8. Priya Koothrappali - seems that her flings with Leonard were established since 5 years ago, and they made it clear that it wasn't a relationship thing until mid-Season 4. I guess from this, we can assume they just kinda have sex whenever she's in town. Not sure why they were attracted to each other back then though (and as a extension, why they were attracted to each other 5 years later, except for the fact that they had a sexual history together).

9. Alice - I don't understand this one, she just met him, and was willing to jump on him during the first "date."

HOWARD

1. Christy - she has no standards and is in it for the money.

2. Leslie Winkle - "friends with benefits," also see above.

3. McKayla - she's a prostitute.

4. Bernadette - Microbiologist, and she has her own quirks that not everyone can handle.

RAJ

1. Bee Girl from Halloween party in Season 1 - She was drunk.

2. Girl from bar in "Hofstadter Isotope" in Season 2 - Heavier lady.

3. Abby from the Science and Humanities mixer - Probably had some things in common with Raj seeing as it was a university function.

4. Dr. Plimpton - See above. (It's assumed that they did have sex after Raj shut the door on Leonard and Howard)

5. Deaf girl mentioned in one episode in episode 4 - We never see her nor hear of her ever again, so impossible to comment.

6. Penny - drunken mistake (Still can't figure out how this could possibly happen even with the drunk excuse)

7. Emily (the deaf girl in Season 5) - They were set up, and she kept going out with him for his money.

From this list, most of the girls have ways to be tied in to the guys' work or geeky lifestyle, or they may not be society's "ideal girl body figure," so they have different standards than is seen in the media,.. or they're just drunk or using them for selfish reasons. The exceptions to these are Penny and Priya, with whom Leonard has an established history. The justification doesn't mean that they're always believable though, as I've outlined above which ones I have a hard time buying.

Good points. Even though Priya kept Leonard a secret from her parents, do you think part of it for her was the thrill of thinking, "If they only knew" and maybe being a bit of a "bad-girl" on her part made it more exciting? Keeping it a secret and knowing that her parents would hate it may have been a turn-on for her as well.

It is possible that her character may have been thinking that on a subconscious level, as when the guys met Priya when they were younger, Sheldon did note her act of rebellion against Hinduism by eating a burger. This could be an extension of that type of behavior.

Leonard is likely least accurate and Howard. Its a tv show people need to remember but i think show makes nerds look bad. Most nerds are not actually like characters on show and show paints them in a bad light i would consider my self a nerd or geek but i i also act and look like a normal person.

Leonard is likely least accurate and Howard. Its a tv show people need to remember but i think show makes nerds look bad. Most nerds are not actually like characters on show and show paints them in a bad light i would consider my self a nerd or geek but i i also act and look like a normal person.

Sadly, they were much more real in season's 1-2. They have lost that.

Sadly, they were much more real in season's 1-2. They have lost that.

Eh its a show i take it with grain of salt. I still like it other wise i would not be here.

Season 1-2 was my fav but i still like season 4 and 5.

If I remember correctly (this is more of people he's slept with):

01. Joyce Kim (the North Korean spy)

02. Leslie Winkle

03. Dr. Stephanie Barnett

04. Penny

05. Mrs. Latham

06. Priya Koothrappali

07. Alice (?)

I had forgotten Mrs Latham! I love Leonard's walk of shame back to the apartment and Penny's "hello ser - lut" :)

I wonder if having to 'take one for the team' (by having coitus )with an much older woman is something Chuck Lorre had to do?!! In Two and a Half Men too; there is a hilarious episode where Alan dates an elderly neighbour with the promise of money being invested in his business :icon_eek::icon_mrgreen:

Matt

If I remember correctly (this is more of people he's slept with):

01. Joyce Kim (the North Korean spy)

02. Leslie Winkle

03. Dr. Stephanie Barnett

04. Penny

05. Mrs. Latham

06. Priya Koothrappali

07. Alice (?)

I had forgotten Mrs Latham! I love Leonard's walk of shame back to the apartment and Penny's "hello ser - lut" :)

I wonder if having to 'take one for the team' (by having coitus )with an much older woman is something Chuck Lorre had to do?!! In Two and a Half Men too; there is a hilarious episode where Alan dates an elderly neighbour with the promise of money being invested in his business :icon_eek::icon_mrgreen:

Matt

Being a fan of both shows I wonder if they share a writing staff because some times many of the same themes have been on both shows.