You childhood TV shows?

Pugwash was brilliant.

I also enjoyed the cartoon about the pirates who roamed the 7 seas in search of underpants.

The early Postman Pat series was brilliant too. The Cockney Postman Pat series on YouTube is even better !! lolz

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember liking Thomas The Tank Engine (the one narrated by Ringo Starr) as being the first ever Television show I liked. I remember I watched Postman Pat (because I have an older bro

Why have I not seen this thread? Planet's Funniest Animals All That Spongebob Giligan's Island (uuuuh yep) Lambchop CatDog Crashbox BLUES CLUES Pinky and The Brain Rugrats Kablaam Looney

Too many to mention really but some of the ones I remember a lot: Count Duckula Bravestarr Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles X-men Bravestarr Bucky O'Hare Attack of the K

I was enthusiastic when was watching Heidi, The Fruitties, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother (in Spain: Marco), Rugrats, The Simpsons, Dr. Zitbag's Transylvania Pet Shop, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Captain Tsubasa (in Spain it was named Oliver y Benji)...

When I was really little the onlt tele I watched was children's hour on BBC1, so "Ghosthunter", "The Queen's Nose" and "Home Farm Twins", even though the acting wasn't great (you don't notice when you're little), the stories were good. "Round the Twist" as well. I ADORED "Ultimate Book Of Spells", I used to pretend to be Cassandra the Witch all the time. Other than that I had videos of "The Herbs", "Watch with Mother" and "The Magic Roundabout" which I really liked. Then when I was a bit older I liked "Jackie Chan Adventures" and became slightly obsessed with Pokemon aged about eight. I still have my Team Rocket figures and Meowth plushie. Team Rocket were my favourites, 'cause I'm odd.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heres a small list of mine:

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (thats what is was called in UK)

Poddington Peas

Thomas the Tank engine

Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin)

Pokemon

Knightmare

Kyrpten factor

Saved by the Bell

Rocco's Modern life

Ghostbuster (80's original)

Thunderbirds

Budgie the Helicopter

Sharkey and George

and many many more

Al Bundy was the idol of all middle class American service workers during his reign on MWC.

When my brother worked in a shoe store, we used to call him "Al"... thankfully he never went postal over it :) giggle

yeah he is the idol of all middle class American workers. I was watching this show when I was 7-8 years old. I watched this over watching Sesame Streets and stupid Barney.

Always hated "Married with children"...

Anyone remember "Doogie Howswer M.D." ? Used to watch that a lot when I was young.

how can you hate married with children?!?!?!

i know doogie howser but never watched it.

how can you hate married with children?!?!?!

Married with Children is like those British sitcoms like Last of the Summer Wine or 'Allo 'Allo...or even the carry On films. The same jokes all the time where it gets to the stage that you are just delighted to hear the joke again. It's like you are laughing with the writers. With Married..the difference between the audiences is that there would e hoots and hollers from the audience in appreciation of the familiar joke. A self-referencing comedy. Excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUWVU2rM_B4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3_chgdO-u8&feature=related

• 1 month later...

My favorite was Scooby Doo. Still watch that though. Used to squeeze into the armchair with my Dad and watch Scooby. Now that he passed away my husband and I do that.

I grew up in the 80's so there was Tales of the Gold Monkey, A-Team, Airwolf, and Blue Thunder. :)

I'm still catching up on the Big Bang Theory. This thread started off with someone mentioning The Tomorrow People and I was hoping others here knew of that sci fi show from the 70s. The checkerboard pattern on Howard's belt reminded me of the control belt in the Tomorrow People series. Below is a link to a replica of the prop since clear shots out of the show are difficult to locate and clearly see. About 1:22 into season 1 episode 13 (Bat Jar Conjecture) is the clearest I've see of Howard's belt although I had noticed it before. It seemed too intentional to just be a coincidence.

http://gfoyle.deviantart.com/art/Tomorrow-People-jaunting-belt-69545591